Mel Reynolds just can't stay out of trouble

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He should be an O'Neal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...-prison-says-hes-done-with-america/ar-AAx5ywn

Former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds of Illinois is headed back to prison for a third time in his ill-fated career after a federal judge sentenced him Thursday to six months behind bars for failing to file tax returns.

SPOILER: it's because he's black.

"I'm going to do this time, and I'm going home to Africa," Reynolds said in the lobby of the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse. "That's just how it is. I've given up on America because how long do African-Americans put up with this nonsense? No matter what you think of my sentence - or me - why is there such a bias when it comes to sentencing African-Americans?"

So he's taking his toys and going home...home, to Africa. And as God is his witness, he'll never be hungry again. :drama:

Once a rising political star, Reynolds had a spectacular fall from grace in 1995 when he was convicted of having sex with an underage campaign intern and trying to cover it up. While he was serving a five-year sentence in that case, Reynolds was convicted again for illegally raising campaign cash while in Congress and defrauding banks out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I'm sure this is a vast right wing conspiracy.

Among the charges were sports tickets at Michigan State University, where his daughter was attending college, as well as charges to Chicago-area pizza restaurants, clothing stores and an online order for the "Hip Hop Abs" exercise program, the records showed.

:lol:

The judge was unsympathetic:

"It's really a tragedy that you squandered the opportunities that you had and the type of person that you could have become," Gettleman said.

Hijinx

"I'm going to do this time, and I'm going home to Africa," Reynolds said in the lobby of the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse.

Let me know if you need help packing Hoss.