Following the example

transporter

WASHINGTON (AP) — A White House official dismissed Sen. John McCain’s opposition to President Donald Trump’s CIA nominee, saying “it doesn’t matter” because “he’s dying anyway,” two people in the room told The Associated Press.

https://www.apnews.com/f39471cadeff...-aide-dismisses-McCain-view,-says-'he's-dying'

When you have an individual like Donald Trump (childish, unqualified, undignified, boorish) as the boss, the underlings follow the example...so why is anyone surprised that a WH official would make a comment like this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why is everyone clutching their pearls about John McCain's imminent death and having a #### fit when anyone mentions it?

The man was diagnosed with brain cancer eons ago.

He IS dying.

He should have given up his seat when it became clear that his health problems were preventing him from doing his job. He didn't because he's a power hungry warlord. That's the truth. Sorry it hurts. Kiss the boo boo. McCain's lack of character doesn't change just because he's sick.

After all the ####ty things the Left AND the Right have said about that man, now they want to nominate him for sainthood and laud him as some stellar example of leadership? Because he rants on like some senile bitter fool about President Trump, mortal enemy of all and sundry?

Just know that I am unimpressed with all this hypocritical virtue signaling. If that makes me a bad person, oh ####ing well. Now you can all cry how he's a "war hero!" and let the whole forum see you caring.

:rolleyes:

PsyOps

Pixelated
The man was diagnosed with brain cancer eons ago.

He IS dying.

My respect for someone isn't limited to my political sentiments of the person. I have huge problems with McCain politically. But, he has led an amazing life. I can imagine if I endured what he did at the Hanoi Hilton, I would have been locked up upon my arrival back home. Rather than allow his suffering do him in, he used it as a means to overcome it and succeed. I can't imagine the internal battles he's had to fight over the years. Or perhaps he's just stone cold about it. Who knows. But, I admire his will and strength to go from tortured POW to running for POTUS and serving one of the longest stints in the US Senate.

Now, he will die from brain cancer. More suffering that he appears to not allow to shut him down. I'd rather look at him like the enemy that keeps charging me no matter how many bullets I put in him; he just keeps coming, causing me to actually learn to respect him.

You, Vrai, are the same tenacious, hard ass that McCain is. I think you would have done the same if you had endured what McCain endured. This should at least cause you to respect his convictions to go on fighting and never give in, regardless of how many might hate him for it. I hold the same respect for both of you because of this, not because of your politics.

PeoplesElbow

Is his mom still alive? I know in 2008 she was at one of the debates and I thought "damn, she is still around". I don't recall hearing of her passing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But, he has led an amazing life.

So did Ted Kennedy, and I didn't feign emotion when he finally died, either. Fidel Castro led an amazing life. Hitler - amazing life. Most people who rise to power are fairly interesting and had amazing lives. That doesn't make them worthy of respect.

I think you would have done the same if you had endured what McCain endured.

You are wrong about that. If I were given a health related death sentence, you can bet money I wouldn't spend one single second of my time left trying to tear down our President and dismantle our government, nor would I engage in any negative, divisive activity. I wouldn't spend one second settling scores and seeking revenge. That this is how John McCain chooses to spend his time left reveals his character pretty clearly. I don't admire him, not even a tiny bit.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You are wrong about that. If I were given a health related death sentence, you can bet money I wouldn't spend one single second of my time left trying to tear down our President and dismantle our government, nor would I engage in any negative, divisive activity. I wouldn't spend one second settling scores and seeking revenge. That this is how John McCain chooses to spend his time left reveals his character pretty clearly. I don't admire him, not even a tiny bit.

You're distorting my point. First of all I was talking about if you had become a tortured POW. But even to the extent that you had a brain tumor AND suffered torture in one of the worst POW camps, you'd find a way - your own way - to overcome it in your work or your passion. McCain's passion happens to be politics. I happen to think it takes a extraordinary amount of strength to not allow those things to shove you in a corner in defeat, and experience your passion in life.

Hijinx

John McCains POW status paid off pretty good for him when he got out.
As a Pilot he was no great shakes. He crashed a few planes and some say he cost a few lives on the carrier Forrestal..

He was about 5th from the bottom of his Annapolis class. Not too many who finish that low go on to flight school.
His Military career got him his Senate career.He came home for Nam to a wife who had been permanently crippled in a car crash.
He was not faithful to his wife.He was appointed as the Navy's liason to the Senate.

In 1979, while attending a military reception in Hawaii, McCain met and fell in love with Cindy Lou Hensley, 17 years his junior, who was the daughter of James W. Hensley, a wealthy Anheuser-Busch distributor from Phoenix, Arizona. McCain filed for and obtained an uncontested divorce from his wife in Florida on April 2, 1980 and promptly married Cindy on May 17, 1980.

Not hard to fall in love with a rich heiress when your wife is crippled and not rich.
He got involved with the keating 5, but that went mostly unnoticed.
McCain ran for Arizona’s First Congressional District in 1982. McCain won the congressional seat. In 1987 McCain was elected to the Senate.

Other than the months in Viet Nam his life has been pretty good.
IMO his character is less than stellar, but the reader can judge that for themselves.
IMO he is a bitter old a-hole.
I don't wish him death, but he should retire from the Senate.
When he is gone I will not be among the mourners.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
John McCains POW status paid off pretty good for him when he got out.
As a Pilot he was no great shakes. He crashed a few planes and some say he cost a few lives on the carrier Forrestal..

He was about 5th from the bottom of his Annapolis class. Not too many who finish that low go on to flight school.
His Military career got him his Senate career.He came home for Nam to a wife who had been permanently crippled in a car crash.
He was not faithful to his wife.He was appointed as the Navy's liason to the Senate.

In 1979, while attending a military reception in Hawaii, McCain met and fell in love with Cindy Lou Hensley, 17 years his junior, who was the daughter of James W. Hensley, a wealthy Anheuser-Busch distributor from Phoenix, Arizona. McCain filed for and obtained an uncontested divorce from his wife in Florida on April 2, 1980 and promptly married Cindy on May 17, 1980.

Not hard to fall in love with a rich heiress when your wife is crippled and not rich.
He got involved with the keating 5, but that went mostly unnoticed.
McCain ran for Arizona’s First Congressional District in 1982. McCain won the congressional seat. In 1987 McCain was elected to the Senate.

Other than the months in Viet Nam his life has been pretty good.
IMO his character is less than stellar, but the reader can judge that for themselves.
IMO he is a bitter old a-hole.
I don't wish him death, but he should retire from the Senate.
When he is gone I will not be among the mourners.

Thank you. We're not talking about a stellar human being here.

John McCain is pretty much everything I dislike about politicians.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now you can all cry how he's a "war hero!" and let the whole forum see you caring.

:rolleyes:

I prefer My Hero's NOT Captured .....

But, he has led an amazing life.

Really ?

Sorry I am not Impressed ... Hyjinx detailed it5 pretty well ... mediocre NA Grad, poor pilot, allegedly improved, yeah got a Bronze Star for Flights over Nam ... and refused early release ... got a politically connected Senate JOB because of Family ties ... maybe the only 'hero' thing he did ... but that does NOT by a life time of excuses for being a RINO or a bitter sniveling old man he is today

OMG Really

CNN: Joking about John McCain's death is our terrible new normal

all the vitriol and brimstone from the left and suddenly a death joke about McSame and the left is clutching its pearls

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I prefer My Hero's NOT Captured

Well, whatever. I'm sure McCain would prefer to have not been captured. Unless he really is a Manchurian candidate who was brainwashed into betraying his country, which is quite plausible given his behavior.

Regardless, you're not a "war hero" simply because you were a POW. Being a POW is beyond your control and not an act of heroism or an outstanding achievement, which is not to denigrate in any way those who were POWs; it's simply pointing out that words have definitions. It also doesn't automatically qualify you for sainthood, especially if you go on to be a destructive and divisive force that harms your country.

John McCain doesn't get to be a saint and a hero just because he was a POW and it's offensive when he tries to whimper and hide behind it to deflect criticism.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well, whatever.

Hey I am just quoting Trump ...

the only 'Heroic' thing McSame did was refusing to leave early when offered a chance to come home
anything before or after has been mediocre ...

[Oh Sorry 'I like People Who Weren't Captured']

Hijinx

I have a couple of thing here, that sort of get to me.

First the man has cancer---pretty sure it's terminal.
He hasn't been back to Washington in months.
No hero would hold a spot on such an important thing as the senate, just so he could die there.
If he was a hero he would make room for someone to take his place.

Second he is a bitter old fool.
Now he is crying that Sarah Palin cost him the election when the fact is he would have been beaten by a landslide if not for her.
She actually save his sorry ass from looking like a real dud.

Now this one really urks me. Trumps has a staff meeting, not for general public.
Someone at this staff meeting squeals like a moron and drops this bomb.
Whoever that person was is a POS.
I would find that MF'er and he would never see the inside of the WH again.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I have a couple of thing here, that sort of get to me.

First the man has cancer---pretty sure it's terminal.
He hasn't been back to Washington in months.
No hero would hold a spot on such an important thing as the senate, just so he could die there.
If he was a hero he would make room for someone to take his place.

Second he is a bitter old fool.
Now he is crying that Sarah Palin cost him the election when the fact is he would have been beaten by a landslide if not for her.
She actually save his sorry ass from looking like a real dud.

Now this one really urks me. Trumps has a staff meeting, not for general public.
Someone at this staff meeting squeals like a moron and drops this bomb.
Whoever that person was is a POS.
I would find that MF'er and he would never see the inside of the WH again.

:yay: