Wildewood Village Retirement

teresis

My parents are retiring in about 5 years and they're looking to move down here (to be close to their grandchildren). They want an active 55+ community where they won't have to take care of the lawn/yard work, that kind of a thing. They're interested in the Wildewood area, and as I used to live in Dahlia, I'm pretty sure that there's the retirement village right back there in Wildewood. But online the only information we can find is for the nursing home.

Does anyone know anything about any independent living 55+ options in Wildewood, and more importantly, whom to contact/where to find more information about them? They're looking into other options too, but they really want to look at all the possibilities.

Thank everyone so much for any time/help.

Bobwhite

My parents are retiring in about 5 years and they're looking to move down here (to be close to their grandchildren). They want an active 55+ community where they won't have to take care of the lawn/yard work, that kind of a thing. They're interested in the Wildewood area, and as I used to live in Dahlia, I'm pretty sure that there's the retirement village right back there in Wildewood. But online the only information we can find is for the nursing home.

Does anyone know anything about any independent living 55+ options in Wildewood, and more importantly, whom to contact/where to find more information about them? They're looking into other options too, but they really want to look at all the possibilities.

Thank everyone so much for any time/help.

The link that Rose Red provided is out of date. There are two subdivisions in the retirement community in Wildewood. There is what is called the Villas, which has an existing section and a section currently under development. The Villas consist of duplexes, and single-family homes in the existing section and duplexes, townhomes and single-family homes in the new section.

There is also the Condominium which is a four-story apartment building with 48 units.

If you are serious about purchasing a home, you should contact a realtor. If you want some general information about the Condominium, you can send an email to wvcapresident2@gmail.com.
I don't have any contact information for the Villas, but you might be able to get that information if you come over and look around.

Good luck in your search.

teresis

Oh, thank you so much! So if we go to Wildewood Village, is there like a main lobby/office that we'd be able to go to for more information, do you happen to know?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Oh, thank you so much! So if we go to Wildewood Village, is there like a main lobby/office that we'd be able to go to for more information, do you happen to know?

I believe so. It's been a few years since I have been back there. Good luck!

Bobwhite

Yes, there is a clubhouse. Turn onto Wildewood Village Lane, then left on Wetstone Lane. You'll come to a building with a circular driveway. They are open 9-5 M-F.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's pretty back there and I have to believe the retirement village is nice as well. Good luck!

SamSpade

My in-laws have lived there for about ten years. They're pretty happy with it.
They have everything they need.

Admittedly, every time I visit, it seems like there's still another home vacant there.
I think they told us this weekend that after a long period, they are finally getting another next door neighbor.
So there's probably a spot open.

teresis

Ohhh good to know that there are spaces! It's just weird then that they can't seem to find any info online. But they're just going to go down to the clubhouse in person when they visit over the summer, so it should all work out. Thank you!