Going through old politics threads

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's fun to observe how many of our resident "experts" were completely and absolutely wrong about Trump.

"He's a joke! He's not serious about his campaign! And here's a bunch of big long posts why!"
"He's never ever EVER going to win the primary! And here's a bunch of big long posts why!"
"Uh...well he's never ever EVER going to win the general election! And here's a bunch of big long posts why!"

And within days of Trump's win, they vanished and we haven't seen them on here since.

"Experts" hate being wrong, I guess. They only like to pontificate before an audience of adoring fans who cheer them on. They only like being perceived as the smartest guy in the room. Once the Emperor's lack of clothing is revealed, they head for the hills to set up their throne somewhere else.

Which is too bad because there were a few of them who added greatly to the discussions, even though they obviously didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

transporter

It's fun to observe how many of our resident "experts" were completely and absolutely wrong about Trump.

"He's a joke! He's not serious about his campaign! And here's a bunch of big long posts why!"
"He's never ever EVER going to win the primary! And here's a bunch of big long posts why!"
"Uh...well he's never ever EVER going to win the general election! And here's a bunch of big long posts why!"

And within days of Trump's win, they vanished and we haven't seen them on here since.

"Experts" hate being wrong, I guess. They only like to pontificate before an audience of adoring fans who cheer them on. They only like being perceived as the smartest guy in the room. Once the Emperor's lack of clothing is revealed, they head for the hills to set up their throne somewhere else.

Which is too bad because there were a few of them who added greatly to the discussions, even though they obviously didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

And yet if you would look at what the Trump Presidency is...you would see almost everyone of those "experts" was right on the money.

Trump is unqualified. Trump is inept. Trump has not concept of truth.

His "accomplishments" have made America weaker, not greater. His complete self absorption has been played by every world leader. His cabinet selections, for the most part, have been weak. His leadership style is sophomoric and ineffective. He hasn't filled many appointed posts.

His administration is the absolute CF that was clearly foreseeable given the lack of experience and competence displayed by Trump at every turn.

Trump's message played to reality TV fanbase...and that's what we have...a carnival barker playing President on TV.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And yet if you would look at what the Trump Presidency is...you would see almost everyone of those "experts" was right on the money.

His "accomplishments" have made America weaker, not greater.

:killingme

Hijinx

His "accomplishments" have made America weaker, not greater. His complete self absorption has been played by every world leader. His cabinet selections, for the most part, have been weak. His leadership style is sophomoric and ineffective. He hasn't filled many appointed posts.

His administration is the absolute CF that was clearly foreseeable given the lack of experience and competence displayed by Trump at every turn.

Trump's message played to reality TV fanbase...and that's what we have...a carnival barker playing President on TV.

You should get a job writing history books, you sure are good at changing history.
Trump is doing a Great job.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You should get a job writing history books, you sure are good at changing history.

That is what libprogs do; rewrite history in favor of their agenda. That is why school books, now, suck, and statues are being taken down, or vandalized. I will reserve my opinion of Trump; after some more time has passed.

And, yes, I voted for him. Hope for change, and all.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Even if all he did was unscrew everything that the last regime screwed I’d call it a win. Anything past that is all bonus, a SC judge was a huge bonus.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Last post - July, 2016.
:coffee:

https://forums.somd.com/members/16960-Tilted

...and he had a bet with you (which I jumped in on! :biggrin: ) and everything! :ohwell:

SamSpade

Hope for change, and all.

We *had* eight years of "hope and change".
Unlike previous presidents - I can't think of a defining moment where I thought, damn glad Obama is in there.
EVERY other President in my lifetime has had at least ONE moment like that - even Jimmy.
Couldn't stand the guy - but Camp David accords was on his watch. (Of course, like Trump - people said the credit belonged to Sadat and Begin).
If Trump achieves lasting peace on the Korean peninsula, THAT will be his, if nothing else happens before he leaves.

I can't for the life of me think of one achievement of his that felt proud of.

Hijinx

We *had* eight years of "hope and change".
Unlike previous presidents - I can't think of a defining moment where I thought, damn glad Obama is in there.
EVERY other President in my lifetime has had at least ONE moment like that - even Jimmy.
Couldn't stand the guy - but Camp David accords was on his watch. (Of course, like Trump - people said the credit belonged to Sadat and Begin).
If Trump achieves lasting peace on the Korean peninsula, THAT will be his, if nothing else happens before he leaves.

I can't for the life of me think of one achievement of his that felt proud of.

We had 8 years of a feminine acting President on an ass kissing tour of the world.