there’s not going to be any 'blue tidal wave'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Each day, the impending electoral “blue tidal wave” gets upgraded on the Hawaiian scale of electoral wave strength. Every special election, no matter how small, is inflated to an epic scale that “spells disaster” for the president and the party he commandeered in 2016.

Just one thing stands in the way of this electoral disaster of biblical proportions.

Reality.

The writing is simply not on the wall for a Democratic blow-out. The president’s approval rating has been consistently higher than Obama enjoyed at the same point in his presidency. Economic news has been staggeringly good. The unemployment rate is at a 44-year low. The Democrats have no coherent message. The NRA is flush with cash following this year’s extremist anti-gun rhetoric. And the RNC has 40 million dollars more than the “dead broke” DNC.

Sorry, there’s not going to be any 'blue tidal wave' this fall

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wonder if the explosions of Tranny's and Sappy's heads, upon considering that news, will be considered a terrorist incident? Will I be able to hear it all the way over here on the island?

transporter

I wonder if the explosions of Tranny's and Sappy's heads, upon considering that news, will be considered a terrorist incident? Will I be able to hear it all the way over here on the island?

Lordy you are dumb....I mean just plain good old fashioned stupid. The kind that occurs when generations of inbreeding occurs on a remote island.

You are starting to sound a lot like Hijinx...you two related??? Brothers, uncle/nephew...or all of the above?

transporter

[
QUOTE=GURPS;5878370]The president’s approval rating has been consistently higher than Obama enjoyed at the same point in his presidency.

Sorry...wrong...according to 538 averages...previous President's approval ratings at this point were 7% point higher.

Economic news has been staggeringly good.

Um...no. The economy is doing well...but "Staggeringly good" is simply incorrect.

The unemployment rate is at a 44-year low.

True...but workers are not coming back in to the workforce. Again...ask Gilligan to explain this..it was his pet peeve prior to the election. See if he can use his graduate level statics education to explain why the unemployment rate may be misleading.

The Democrats have no coherent message.

R's don't have much either...how many are running away from Trump?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
[

Sorry...wrong...according to 538 averages...previous President's approval ratings at this point were 7% point higher.

Um...no. The economy is doing well...but "Staggeringly good" is simply incorrect.

True...but workers are not coming back in to the workforce. Again...ask Gilligan to explain this..it was his pet peeve prior to the election. See if he can use his graduate level statics education to explain why the unemployment rate may be misleading

R's don't have much either...how many are running away from Trump?
They’re still being paid to sit out, so there’s no reason to get back in the game.

PeoplesElbow

See if he can use his graduate level statics education to explain why the unemployment rate may be misleading.

Gilligan I got this one

The sum of all forces in the x direction = 0
The sum of all forces in the y direction = 0
The sum of all forces in the z direction = 0

gemma_rae

psst:gossip: Trump just declared Hawaii a disaster area due to the volcano. This clears the way for federal help.

Hijinx

Each day, the impending electoral “blue tidal wave” gets upgraded on the Hawaiian scale of electoral wave strength. Every special election, no matter how small, is inflated to an epic scale that “spells disaster” for the president and the party he commandeered in 2016.

Just one thing stands in the way of this electoral disaster of biblical proportions.

Reality.

The writing is simply not on the wall for a Democratic blow-out. The president’s approval rating has been consistently higher than Obama enjoyed at the same point in his presidency. Economic news has been staggeringly good. The unemployment rate is at a 44-year low. The Democrats have no coherent message. The NRA is flush with cash following this year’s extremist anti-gun rhetoric. And the RNC has 40 million dollars more than the “dead broke” DNC.

Sorry, there’s not going to be any 'blue tidal wave' this fall

The Democrats do have a coherent message. Well: A message anyway.
They will raise taxes and impeach Trump.

Now i don't know many people who would vote for that, but it's what they are running on.

SamSpade

The Democrats do have a coherent message. Well: A message anyway.
They will raise taxes and impeach Trump.

Now i don't know many people who would vote for that, but it's what they are running on.

I don't know of a soul in human history that has ever campaigned on raising taxes - and won.
Who knows? Maybe the Democrats can convince people it's important.

Just as in any time, there's certainly a lot of people who despise him enough, they'd choose waterboarding
before voting for him. Well, at least once. But their number one issue is, we hate Trump.
Electing Democrats is their revenge. So running a campaign on let's impeach Trump WILL have appeal.

To those who already hate him. It won't move the dial much for everyone else.
And face it, you can't gain votes by appealing to the people who will already vote for you.

But the impeach campaign is idiotic in its measure of pointlessness - there's no likelihood of any kind that the
Dems will take the Senate - at all. Remember that impeach is the means by which CHARGES are applied.
The President is charged with a crime. It requires a simple majority. Assuming the Dems take the House - NOT
a foregone conclusion - they must all vote on an article for impeachment.

But the Senate has the vote to remove from office - and it requires a two-thirds vote.
So unless they pass an article on which even die-hard Republicans could vote to remove him -
he remains. He is impeached, but remains in office. If he is removed, Pence becomes President.

Accomplishing nothing. Worse, we have a precedent - Clinton. After his impeachment - there was voter backlash.
He GAINED support. Not the smartest move for the GOP. Heck, had they REMOVED him, Gore would have been elected
in 2000. A BAD move on the part of Republicans because the case wasn't all that strong to begin with.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Gilligan I got this one

The sum of all forces in the x direction = 0
The sum of all forces in the y direction = 0
The sum of all forces in the z direction = 0

LOL. Good job. The next quiz will be drawn from the subject of Dynamics*. :yay:

Yet another word Tranny cannot spell nor explain the meaning of.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Political commentator Dick Morris told host John Catsimatidis that the Democrats have overplayed their hand by going after President Donald Trump with scandals that have little to nothing behind them.

"I think that [Democrats] see fool’s gold in these scandals," Morris said. "They’re putting everything behind the Stormy Daniels scandal and Michael Cohen … and the country doesn’t give a damn."

That's when Morris dropped his prediction.

"There is no blue wave coming," Morris exclaimed. "There is a red wave. And what makes it red is the blood of the Democratic Party."

So is Morris right? Some early indicators suggest he may be on to something, at least in his prediction that no "blue wave" is coming.

A recent poll from left-leaning Reuters showed that millennials are leaving the Democratic Party in droves while another poll from the left-leaning Morning Consult showed that Democrats are in serious trouble in 2018 and could lose up to nine seats to the Republicans.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30581/ex-clinton-adviser-no-blue-wave-coming-only-red-ryan-saavedra

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
POLL: 'Blue Wave' Collapsing, Millennials And Minorities Report Declining Trust In The Democratic Party

"upport for Democrats is down among millennials, blacks, and so-called Walmart and NASCAR voters," Zogby reports — all key constituencies the Democrats require to retake the House and Senate in November — and the declines are significant. Democrats have "lost more than 10% of support among voters aged 18-50, 14 percent among Millennials aged 18-29" and have lost more than 20% of support among African-Americans during the same time period.

Overall, support for Democrats has declined, generally, by four points, from 44% to 40% over the course of several months.

This is all good news for Republicans, though the polls don't show any significant increase in support for the GOP. Democrats are still expected to pick up seats in November — a foregone conclusion, typically, for the outsider party in the first election after a presidential switch — but the Democrats may not be in a favorable position to make major gains in areas where Donald Trump remains popular.

These numbers could also mean bad news for statewide elections and gubernatorial elections in places like the Rust Belt.

SamSpade

A recent poll from left-leaning Reuters showed that millennials are leaving the Democratic Party in droves while another poll from the left-leaning Morning Consult showed that Democrats are in serious trouble in 2018 and could lose up to nine seats to the Republicans.

And if THAT happens, another round of "the Russians hacked our election" will come up.
OR lamentation that the bigots and eeeee-vil has won. Because they just can't see it.

But in truth, I've long since given up listening to Dick Morris. He hasn't been very good in his predictions.
He predicted 2008 would be Condi vs. Hillary and wrote a book about it.

Hijinx

Morris isn't right very often.
I cannot see Republicans coming to the polls in great numbers to vote for the crap Republicans who do not back the party, do not back the President , and do not realize why Republicans voted for Trump in the first place.

The Democrats suck mightily, but are they really that weak?
How can they lose, they are voting to raise taxes and impeach Trump.

That's their platform. Rot's O' ruck.