Good news for states' rights!

This_person

[TWITTER]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Supreme Court rules Professional &amp; Amateur Sports Protection Act Of 1992 is unconstitutional. States can now decide to participate in sports gambling at their discretion. New Jersey should be up &amp; running in two weeks. Other states have to enact laws to follow. <a href="https://t.co/Yx0lroGceY">pic.twitter.com/Yx0lroGceY</a></p>&mdash; Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/996030431484088320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/TWITTER]

Last edited:

This_person

Ok, since the link doesn't work maybe you could clue us in...

I'm not sure what "link" you guys are talking about, since I didn't provide one.

Maybe you're just seeing the "embedded from twitter" or something?

I posted a tweet that reads:
BREAKING: Supreme Court rules Professional & Amateur Sports Protection Act Of 1992 is unconstitutional. States can now decide to participate in sports gambling at their discretion. New Jersey should be up & running in two weeks. Other states have to enact laws to follow.​

I find it good news.

nutz

I'm not sure what "link" you guys are talking about, since I didn't provide one.

Maybe you're just seeing the "embedded from twitter" or something?

I posted a tweet that reads:
BREAKING: Supreme Court rules Professional & Amateur Sports Protection Act Of 1992 is unconstitutional. States can now decide to participate in sports gambling at their discretion. New Jersey should be up & running in two weeks. Other states have to enact laws to follow.​

I find it good news.

yes, all I saw in the Op was "embed from twitter".....That is good news on the government interference side, personally not sure Md. residents need more gambling venues. I'm sure I'm in the minority on the issue and that's ok too.

This_person

yes, all I saw in the Op was "embed from twitter".....That is good news on the government interference side, personally not sure Md. residents need more gambling venues. I'm sure I'm in the minority on the issue and that's ok too.

I am very far from the "pro-gambling" point of view. But, I think it is really up to the people whether or not they gamble, and it is definitely appropriate to have the laws associated with gambling be state laws, not federal laws. Unless and until someone else's gambling is likely to impact me personally in a non-voluntary way, people should be free to make all the mistakes they like.

nutz

I am very far from the "pro-gambling" point of view. But, I think it is really up to the people whether or not they gamble, and it is definitely appropriate to have the laws associated with gambling be state laws, not federal laws. Unless and until someone else's gambling is likely to impact me personally in a non-voluntary way, people should be free to make all the mistakes they like.
Absolutely, you (anyone) can choose to do whatever they wish with their money. With Keno and lottery and... I can barely get in the front door of my favorite liquor store. If Md. would allow my UPS guy to deliver beer and stuff, we could all be happier.