Even Chuckles the Senator agrees...

This_person

“In a long overdue move, we have moved our embassy to Jerusalem," Schumer said in a statement. "Every nation should have the right to choose its capital. I sponsored legislation to do this two decades ago, and I applaud President Trump for doing it.”

SamSpade

Wow. This is surprising.

Then again the past three Presidents have promised to do it, and reneged.
And the public knows this.

Clem72

Wow. This is surprising.

It's a surprise that a Jewish member of congress, one who last election cycle received the single larges donation AIPAC has ever given to a campaign (larger even than any presidential candidate), would support Israel's longstanding intent to move their capital?

Are you also surprised when the sun sets in the west?

SamSpade

It's a surprise that a Jewish member of congress, one who last election cycle received the single larges donation AIPAC has ever given to a campaign (larger even than any presidential candidate), would support Israel's longstanding intent to move their capital?

I am surprised that *Schumer* would agree with anything to do with Trump, since he has made it his sole ambition to oppose Trump in anything.
If Trump declares the sky blue, he will insist it is green. It's almost pathological.
Moreover, being Jewish seems to have nothing to do with political support for Israel.
If you're a Democrat, you're going to be against anything supportive of Israel. You may pay lip service to them, but you're not going to
be helpful in any meaningful way.

And lastly - Israel isn't moving their capital any more than WE are. Jerusalem IS their capital.
The problem isn't "moving" the capital - the Knesset is there. The high court. The prime minister.
Foreign leaders are met - in Jerusalem.

It's just that some dick-headed countries play this Emperor has no clothes game where they
pretend that it is NOT, even though the government clearly operates from Jerusalem just as ours does
from Washington. It only makes SENSE to recognize the obvious.

The fact that it pisses off Palestinians who say it's really THEIR capital is pointless.

This_person

I was surprised when Chuckles, who hated the Iran deal, was against Trump getting us out of the Iran deal.

It has long been noted that the Democrats are not about what is best, they are about what they can say Trump is wrong about (like, if Trump was FOR oxygen they'd likely suffocate themselves to show how bad oxygen is).

Clem72

If Trump declares the sky blue, he will insist it is green. It's almost pathological.

Not if the blue sky political action commitee paid him $238k a year ago to instist it's blue.

Moreover, being Jewish seems to have nothing to do with political support for Israel.

Being Jewish doesn't automatically mean you support Isreal (it does make it more likely). Of course I wasn't commenting on blanket support of Isreal or Isreali politics. I was talking about support for moving the official capital to Jerusalem. On this specific issue, being Jewish pretty much guarantees support (unless you know a lot of practicing Jews that do not agree with the concept of Aliyah, here's a hint....you don't). And the fact that the largest pro-Isreali PAC give him more money than any other person or entity, ever, period, likely also heavily indicates he supports their ideals.

BOP

“In a long overdue move, we have moved our embassy to Jerusalem," Schumer said in a statement. "Every nation should have the right to choose its capital. I sponsored legislation to do this two decades ago, and I applaud President Trump for doing it.”

It's election time I see.

BOP

Interestingly, Jewish members of Congress have traditionally been the biggest Jew-haters of them all. Oh, sure, they pay lip service, but that's about it for most of them.