You Will Conform ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When YouTuber Richard C. Meyer launched his crowdfunding effort for his new comic, “Jawbreakers: Lost Souls,” he had no idea it would make more than $250,000 and sell more than 6,300 copies. These numbers place his independent book at the very top of the graphic novel market, something only the biggest Marvel or DC branded books have achieved.

Meyers hired industry veterans Jon Malin and Brett R. Smith, both former Marvel Comics professionals, to draw and color the project, but even with top-tier artistic talent, Jawbreakers sold at these levels more, perhaps because fans wanted to send a message to the comics industry: It’s time to stop force-feeding extreme left-wing politics to customers.

Even with its tremendous success, Jawbreakers’ distributor Antarctic Press said they won’t distribute the series in an ominous post on their Facebook page Friday: “It is the decision of Antarctic Press not to release the comic series Jawbreakers.”

Their backtracking had big implications for Meyers and his team, as the book would no longer be distributed to comic book stores. But there was little they could do about it. Antarctic Press was hit by a storm of industry professionals colluding to try to force conservative-authored competition out of the business, which was followed by several retailers threatening to drop all Antarctic Press books from their shelves if the publisher produced Meyers’ book.

The precedent set is disturbing, but this kind of anti-conservative discrimination has been festering in the comics world for a long time.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/15...ut-success-upon-ditching-sjw-infested-comics/

This_person

When YouTuber Richard C. Meyer launched his crowdfunding effort for his new comic, “Jawbreakers: Lost Souls,” he had no idea it would make more than $250,000 and sell more than 6,300 copies. These numbers place his independent book at the very top of the graphic novel market, something only the biggest Marvel or DC branded books have achieved.

Meyers hired industry veterans Jon Malin and Brett R. Smith, both former Marvel Comics professionals, to draw and color the project, but even with top-tier artistic talent, Jawbreakers sold at these levels more, perhaps because fans wanted to send a message to the comics industry: It’s time to stop force-feeding extreme left-wing politics to customers.

Even with its tremendous success, Jawbreakers’ distributor Antarctic Press said they won’t distribute the series in an ominous post on their Facebook page Friday: “It is the decision of Antarctic Press not to release the comic series Jawbreakers.”

Their backtracking had big implications for Meyers and his team, as the book would no longer be distributed to comic book stores. But there was little they could do about it. Antarctic Press was hit by a storm of industry professionals colluding to try to force conservative-authored competition out of the business, which was followed by several retailers threatening to drop all Antarctic Press books from their shelves if the publisher produced Meyers’ book.

The precedent set is disturbing, but this kind of anti-conservative discrimination has been festering in the comics world for a long time.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/15...ut-success-upon-ditching-sjw-infested-comics/

I hear you can sell stuff on the internet and bypass the brick-and-mortar stores. Unless, of course, your publisher has the rights to your product and you don't, you could even self-publish if they choose not to.

Stores have the right to sell or not sell, provide a service or not provide a service, for whatever reasons they choose (caveat, I do not mean this for life-saving medical procedures or medicine). If the stores want to band together because they don't like a product, they should have every right in the world to do so by virtue of being in business in a free country. That does not mean that the author/creator/artist/whatever is no longer able to sell their product - especially in the 21st century where selling in a store is no longer the norm.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Stores have the right to sell or not sell, provide a service or not provide a service, for whatever reasons they choose .....

no one said they didn't ....

the moral of this story IMHO intolerant progressives, cannot stand any speech / voice but their own ...

alt hero.jpg

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Stores have the right to sell or not sell, provide a service or not provide a service, for whatever reasons they choose (caveat, I do not mean this for life-saving medical procedures or medicine). If the stores want to band together because they don't like a product, they should have every right in the world to do so by virtue of being in business in a free country. That does not mean that the author/creator/artist/whatever is no longer able to sell their product - especially in the 21st century where selling in a store is no longer the norm.

I bet if this was done to someone that identified with the offended class du jour, they would sue and win or at least win in the arena of public opinion. Then the offender would feel the wrath of the left via protests and boycotts.

This_person

the moral of this story IMHO intolerant progressives, cannot stand any speech / voice but their own ...

View attachment 122675

I have to agree with you there - they can't stand contradictory information to their world-view. That's why they force people to do things they don't want to do (like bake a cake), because it is not good enough that you do not argue with them; you MUST agree with them or else.

I just don't want anyone to see this as something those stores should not have done - they should have! If they don't want to sell the stuff, and they want to ban together to stop it within their authority, they should do so. "The best revenge is to live a good life," and the good life in this case is to merely become successful without those other stores.

stgislander

PREMO Member

So do you believe Meyers is being denied access to brick & mortar retailers? Would the store owners face backlash from the distributors if they obtain Meyers' comic on their own?

black dog

Free America
After reading Fabulous Fury Freak Bros as a kid, no other comic comes close to the wit and potty humor that it had. :shrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So do you believe Meyers is being denied access to brick & mortar retailers?

No ... well not yet.

Meyers has had to switch publishers ..... which was a major point [along with being hounded and threatened by SJWs]

SJW's Beat Antarctic Press into submission so they will no longer print Jawbreaker .....

Meyers has found a new pub and Jawbreaker is going to get published ...

Given the success of Alt-Hero, IMHO he should stick with Kick Starter [if KS can stand the heat] and go with direct sales to consumers
[I've supported a number of Modern SciFi RPG's through KS]

stgislander

PREMO Member
No ... well not yet.

Meyers has had to switch publishers ..... which was a major point [along with being hounded and threatened by SJWs]

SJW's Beat Antarctic Press into submission so they will no longer print Jawbreaker .....

Meyers has found a new pub and Jawbreaker is going to get published ...

Given the success of Alt-Hero, IMHO he should stick with Kick Starter [if KS can stand the heat] and go with direct sales to consumers
[I've supported a number of Modern SciFi RPG's through KS]

I've always thought there are places where brick & mortar made sense. Comic book stores was one. (But then again I love book stores.)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I've always thought there are places where brick & mortar made sense. Comic book stores was one. (But then again I love book stores.)

I can waste hours in a Borders like my wife can at the mall ....

however with Amazon now, I end up making a list of books to purchase online later ...
I do still purchase one or three but not the $ 200 bucks I used to drop ever couple of months

[of course that is mostly magazines] which I wish would go 100% digital

transporter

Oh grow the f*** up you Russian bot. Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

Hijinx

Oh grow the f*** up you Russian bot. Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

Irony once again. Any post you ever make is against Trump or anyone connected with him.

Are you really so stupid as to make that accusation against someone else when you are so guilty.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh grow the f*** up you Russian bot.

daymn I didn't realize this was Tranny bait ... whats a matter sugar tits, did you get triggered by Alt-Hero

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

my view points :lmao:

..... and 100 million other Americans you whiny gash

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

Irony Right There .... look in the mirror sugar tits EVERY POST You Make is against someone or something that goes against YOUR Newspeak

..... calling me out for Propaganda the Queen Fascist Herself

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So do you believe Meyers is being denied access to brick & mortar retailers? Would the store owners face backlash from the distributors if they obtain Meyers' comic on their own?

Shortly after Antarctic’s announcement that they would publish “Jawbreakers,” the comics Twitter-verse, professional social circles, and retailer circles exploded. Boycotts of Antarctic were announced, retailers said they’d refuse to order the book, and many a comics industry pro wrote diatribes on Twitter and Facebook deriding the decision. Former Daredevil writer Mark Waid went so far as to call Antarctic Press to urge them to pull “Jawbreakers” from their lineup.

Antarctic Press pulled the book in more time than it took ESPN to cancel “Barstool Van Talk,” but less time than Anthony Scaramucci was White House press secretary.

To many outside the industry, this looks like banning conservatives from the public square, but that’s taking a very simplistic and borderline-false view of it. Antarctic Press currently publishes a number of over-the-top Donald Trump-supporting books. “Jawbreakers” colorist Brett Smith’s graphic novel adaptation of “Clinton Cash” was a massive success and carried in many comic shops, for example. No boycott was announced, no publishers were contacted, and today you can still walk into many comic shops and find a copy.

Meyer’s personal attacks on various creators, taste-makers, editors, and other people in the comics industry made the release of “Jawbreakers” by any publisher a guaranteed controversy starter. Let me explain.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/18/jawbreakers-comics-outrage-ginned-controversy-book-banners/

stgislander

PREMO Member
So Antarctic was going to publish it, but retailers were going to refuse to sell it. Without a sales outlet, Antarctic was going to loose money on Jawbreakers unless they could direct sell to customers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Notice progs have never read a book in their lives, but they're all about the comic book.

Telling.