FBI Used Secret Program To Gather Information On Trump Campaign

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A report released by The New York Times on Wednesday revealed that the FBI, under Director James Comey's leadership, used a secret program that does not require the approval of a judge to gather phone records and "other documents" on Donald Trump's presidential campaign.

The report also revealed that a government informant met several times with Trump campaign officials, which validates a March 8, 2018 report from The Washington Post. The New York Times reports:

The F.B.I. obtained phone records and other documents using national security letters — a secret type of subpoena — officials said. And at least one government informant met several times with Mr. Page and Mr. Papadopoulos, current and former officials said. That has become a politically contentious point, with Mr. Trump’s allies questioning whether the F.B.I. was spying on the Trump campaign or trying to entrap campaign officials.

National security letters (NSL) are secret orders that the FBI uses on a regular basis to obtain sensitive electronic data and phone records. The Intercept reports:

They are controversial in part because they carry the force of law but are created entirely outside the judicial system: To issue one, an FBI official just needs to attest that the information sought is relevant to a national security investigation. The letters have also been criticized because they are shrouded in secrecy. Companies that receive them are for the most part forbidden from notifying their customers or the public. The government has fought to keep even basic rules governing them secret.

BOMBSHELL: FBI Used Secret Program To Gather Information On Trump Campaign, No Judge Needed, Report Says

Hijinx

Why do these things exist? Why are they so secret? Created outside the Judicial system.

It sounds illegal to me, and here we have the top Law Enforcement Agency in the United States making up their own laws.
It's time for a new broom to sweep things clean in the FBI.

And its been more or less proven to me that Sessions is not the man to wield that broom.

Hijinx

Here we are with this dipsh1t Mueller investigation looking into a Russian collusion that didn't exist and the rumor was purchased by the Hillary campaign, while at the same time we have the FBI under the people instigating this farce was spying on the Trump campaign. Who instigated the spying? The FBI or did it come right from Obama's office?

What we really have is a Government colluding to elect Hillary ClintonNot the Russian Government, but the United States Government.
Where is the investigation into this. Where is Attorney General Session's?

The FBI using a double secret subpoenae that doesn't actually exist legally. Animal House in the Justice Department.
Who authorized it? Who was involved?

Was it the same people who are investigating the Russian BS?

Hillary lost. Badly. She got the questions at the debate, she cheated Bernie, she had the media in her pocket and spent tons more money than Trump and she still lost.
And now the top Law Enforcement Agency in this country is leading a Coup.

It's time the BS stopped.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I though I heard in the 8:00pm radio news update last night that the Senate Intelligence Committee released their report saying that the Russians did in fact meddle in the 2016 election to hurt the Clinton campaign. I don't remember hearing if they intended to directly assist the Trump campaign or not.

I did a quick search of the of the national news sites this morning and didn't see anything written. Anybody else hear that?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I though I heard in the 8:00pm radio news update last night that the Senate Intelligence Committee released their report saying that the Russians did in fact meddle in the 2016 election to hurt the Clinton campaign. I don't remember hearing if they intended to directly assist the Trump campaign or not.

I did a quick search of the of the national news sites this morning and didn't see anything written. Anybody else hear that?

A report on that I saw yesterday summarized the situation as Putin wanting to adversely affect Clinton's campaign and just otherwise stir things up in teh election cycle, but nothing found where they intentionally wanted to help Trump's campaign..or "help" any other one directly.

This_person

... and just otherwise stir things up in teh election cycle

Given that they did just as much AFTER the election to hurt Trump (more so, really, since the stuff about Clinton was virtually all just reporting on who she really is), it seems clear just stirring things up is their intention.