Books so good...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...that you didn't want them to end.

The Help is the most recent one for me. I didn't want the movie to end, either.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The latest was The Shack by William P. Young. I also saw the movie and didn't want that to end. :bawl:

Some favorites off the top of my head:

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers - Mary Roach
The Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien
A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking
The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
The Godfather - Mario Puzo
Shogun - James Clavell
The Horse Whisperer - Nicholas Evans
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood

Probably a ton more I can't think of right now. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The Outlander Series

Of course, it hasn't ended yet, and you can make a jump to the Lord Grey series and not miss a beat, since they're related. That said, it will come to an end some day.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Read all the Brad Thor “Scot Harvath” books over the last 2 years, waiting for Spymaster to come out in July. I’ve read some of the Jack Reacher books and I do enjoy those also. Anything Tom Clancy related works and hopefully there will be a final book in the Game of Thrones series instead of hbo.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm just finishing up "A Self-Made Man", by Sydney Blumenthal. (oh the irony there...for anyone that gets it) It's a very well done and extremely detailed biography of Lincoln's early political career, up to 1848.

Read "Colonel Roosevelt" before that....alternating back and forth with "The Roosevelts", for context. I'll often read two or even three historical works in parallel when they focus on same period and subjects.

"Empire of the Summer Moon" was an awesome recent read..as was "Lost in Shangri-La", which has nothing to do with the bars that used to populate the street of that name in LP city. Er..well..nothing directly to do with it...;-)

"Destiny of the Republic" by Candice Millard was another great read..

"Rebel Yell" (Gwynne) was probably one of the more eye-opening recent reads..for anyone that cares about the nuances of CSA history. Like Vrai, for example... ;-p

Oh..and "Custer's Trials" by Stiles...an awesome biography.

Last edited: