In todays "Awwww..." segment

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
BiPAWtisan Alert: Governor and First Lady Adopt Rescue Dogs
Two New First Dogs Will Reside in Government House

Governor Larry Hogan and First Lady Yumi Hogan today visited the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter (BARCS) in Baltimore City where they adopted two dogs. The rescued shih tzus, a mother and her four puppies, visited the State House with BARCS when the governor signed legislation ending puppy mill sales and encouraging adoption (HB1662). The governor and his granddaughter, Daniella, also spent time with the dogs during Pawject Runway.

"The First Lady and I are incredibly excited to be adopting these adorable dogs. It was 'puppy love' at first sight, and we are thrilled to bring the newest members of our family home to Government House,” said Governor Hogan. "Whether you have two legs or four, Maryland is a great place to call home."

The governor and first lady adopted the mother and one of the puppies; their granddaughter, Daniella, adopted a puppy; and the other two puppies were adopted by Press Secretary to the Governor Shareese Churchill, her husband Secretary of the Department of General Services Ellington Churchill, and their two daughters, and Shareese's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Doug DeLeaver.

The governor and first lady will be seeking input from family, friends, and Marylanders as they decide what to call their new fluffy companions. An announcement will be made in the coming days.

Adoption.jpg
Churchills.jpg
DeLeavers.jpg
Dogs.jpg

BOP

You're not getting an "awww" out of me until Tranny tells me how I feel about it.