It's a Southern Thang

mAlice

professional daydreamer
So, I've been getting my hands dirty. A lot. This year I've decided to turn my rather large front yard into a Country English Garden (no mow). I had my first ton of amended soil delivered Wednesday. Of course, it started raining a few days before that, and I haven't been able to do more than dead head between rain drops, and I did manage to get a papyrus re-potted. So, I met this delightful british lady over a sun coleus the other day, and she invited me to a "Royal Wedding" function that starts at 6:30 tomorrow morning. I had to decline, because we'll be celebrating Pickles 5th birthday, but I digress. She sent me an email and I'll be getting invites to all these flower clubs and exhibits. I'm like OMGosh! I'm going to end up in a gardening club!

Just wanted to share that. Things are so different here. People see the world differently here. Rose colored lenses, maybe. I dunno', but I'm sure likin' it.

For Pickles birthday, we'll have a bouncy again, and pray for a break in the rain. If not, the bouncy will sit in the yard and get rained on, and we'll play Twister in the living room...or something.

Pics-
Google street view of my front yard, the blank slate I'll be turning into an English Country Garden
2 and 3, small beds, I'll extend these as needed.
4, Sparkleberry tree. I have two.
5, Pickle

Attachments

• blank slate.jpg
    blank slate.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 335
  • garden 1.JPG
    garden 1.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 352
  • garden 2.JPG
    garden 2.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 265
  • tree 1.jpg
    tree 1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 312
  • Pickle.jpg
    Pickle.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 258

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Very nice! Love Pickle's blue tongue. :lmao: He is getting so big and such a handsome young man!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Some of the stuff I have in the ground, or waiting for the rain to stop so I can get down and dirty....

Azealias, compliments of previous home owners.
geum blazing sunsetEvening primrose
Digitalis (several colors)solo
Delphinium (several colors)
Dianthus
Various ferns
Solomons seal (Polygonatum)
Coral bells (Heuchera)
Grasses, including sea oats.
Canna’s, Calla’s and Stargazers
Hollyhock
Purple Echinacea
Coreopsis (my first yellow flower)
Astilbe (various colors)

I know there's a little more, but they're not coming to mind at the moment.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Some of the stuff I have in the ground, or waiting for the rain to stop so I can get down and dirty....

Azealias, compliments of previous home owners.
geum blazing sunsetEvening primrose
Digitalis (several colors)solo
Delphinium (several colors)
Dianthus
Various ferns
Solomons seal (Polygonatum)
Coral bells (Heuchera)
Grasses, including sea oats.
Canna’s, Calla’s and Stargazers
Hollyhock
Purple Echinacea
Coreopsis (my first yellow flower)
Astilbe (various colors)

I know there's a little more, but they're not coming to mind at the moment.

Most of my favorites are in there, especially Stargazer lilies, Coral Bells, Coreopsis, and dianthus. Will love to see how it progresses!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It's going to be back breaking. Pray I survive it!

It will be worth it when you look out and see all the glorious color! Loved my perennial gardens because after the initial setup, maintenance was pretty easy.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
No doubt about that! :yay:

It looks great! And my little boyfriend is adorable! :smile:

He's a handsome little devil. Every night he comes and gets on our bed under the pretense of saying goodnight, and jumps. He loves jumping on our bed.
Of course, we've had a few injuries as a result. He just got B in the nads a few nights ago. Ouch.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
It will be worth it when you look out and see all the glorious color! Loved my perennial gardens because after the initial setup, maintenance was pretty easy.

Most will be perennials. I'm hoping to invite the garden ladies to tour some day. Maybe I'll even have "tea". lolz

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
He's a handsome little devil. Every night he comes and gets on our bed under the pretense of saying goodnight, and jumps. He loves jumping on our bed.
Of course, we've had a few injuries as a result. He just got B in the nads a few nights ago. Ouch.

Poor Speedo! :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
YaY!

B just finished this for Pickle, and he cut, milled and planed the planks himself...

Attachments

• Pickle table.JPG
    Pickle table.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 298

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Nice job! I just saw the pic he posted.

It's nice to have him home for a few days. Did you see that the sun is shining in the pic? It did that for a few hours yesterday, until I walked out the door to go home. Then it poured.