Picking winners and losers

transporter

I thought that picking winners and losers wasn't supposed to be the purview of the Federal Govt much less a President. Wasn't that the rallying cry of the ignorant during the last administration and last election?

Thank goodness we have a level headed, impartial, America focused, drain the swamp President now in office!! (what a laugh that is)

President Trump has personally pushed U.S. Postmaster General Megan Brennan to double the rate the Postal Service charges Amazon.com and other firms to ship packages, according to three people familiar with their conversations, a dramatic move that probably would cost these companies billions of dollars.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...438d2-5931-11e8-858f-12becb4d6067_story.htmll

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I thought that picking winners and losers wasn't supposed to be the purview of the Federal Govt much less a President. Wasn't that the rallying cry

yeah true

of the ignorant

you just cannot help yourself can you ...

during the last administration and last election?

:whistle:

how is doubling the Postal Rate, picking winners and losers

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

you were saying ....

Last edited:

Rommey

I thought that picking winners and losers wasn't supposed to be the purview of the Federal Govt much less a President.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...438d2-5931-11e8-858f-12becb4d6067_story.htmll
I'll ask you a couple of serious questions, even though I know you are incapable of engaging in a conversation...

Does "Amazon and other firms" mean all firms that ship a certain amount of packages (i.e., bulk shippers) and not specifically "Amazon"?
Does the USPS make a profit on their business of shipping packages to "Amazon and other firms"?
Is that profit in line with other shippers such as FedEx or UPS?
Is the rate the USPS charges sufficient to cover the cost of delivering those packages?
Are "Amazon and other firms" already getting a unusually low bulk rate?
If doubling the rate the USPS charges is still cheaper than the alternatives, are "Amazon and other firms" likely to stop using the USPS?
After al the much chronicled financial issues with the USPS, doesn't it make sense to look at the areas to increase income without hurting business?