• Instagram

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Reddit

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

SamSpade

In addition to Facebook - we have THIS PLACE. Surprised it didn't have more clicks.

And I still participate on the old Delphi Forums, although they are losing people fast.
Newsgroups are almost extinct.

I like environments where it's encouraged to discuss - not shoot out a phrase and disappear.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
what about communication 'platforms' ?
I suppose this is just another social media platform ....
I do not see these Apps that way

KIK
Telegraph
Whatsup
Signal
Facebook Messanger

stgislander

PREMO Member
Yahoo Groups are getting little to no traffic, too.

There's a problem with Yahoo Groups. I've attempted to join a few in the last six months and continue to get errors in the Join Request form. I've even emailed the owners to ask to join. Sometimes the email get kicked back for failure to deliver. This is even when I can see the group is still active. Some googling have pointed out that even the Group owners cannot invite people to join.

There is zero tech support for the Groups. Especially since the big Yahoo data breach and the resulting fire sale of business components.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
what about communication 'platforms' ?
I suppose this is just another social media platform ....
I do not see these Apps that way

KIK
Telegraph
Whatsup
Signal
Facebook Messanger

Explain to me why you would use any of those instead of texting or email? FBM, I'm guessing because that's how your FB friends message you, but the others are *just* messaging services, aren't they?

I'm not a big social media user. I run them down daily to see what the kids are up to, but I can't see the point of Twitter or Instagram unless you're some celebrity with a huge following.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
There's a problem with Yahoo Groups. I've attempted to join a few in the last six months and continue to get errors in the Join Request form. I've even emailed the owners to ask to join. Sometimes the email get kicked back for failure to deliver. This is even when I can see the group is still active. Some googling have pointed out that even the Group owners cannot invite people to join.

There is zero tech support for the Groups. Especially since the big Yahoo data breach and the resulting fire sale of business components.

An organization to which I have belonged for nearly 20 years has several groups on the Yahoo service, looking to migrate.

stgislander

PREMO Member
An organization to which I have belonged for nearly 20 years has several groups on the Yahoo service, looking to migrate.

Good for them. Google has Groups but it doesn't appear that there are many using it yet.

I'm about ready to drop Yahoo altogether. I've had Yahoo Mail forever, but it's gotten so slow in the past year that I find it almost unusable.

Potomac

I am of course not a celebrity but I love Istagram for the gorgeous photos some users share. Things like natgeotravel, US National Parks, some restaurants I enjoy as well as some flower growers I know of are posting such beauty each day. I love it

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Good for them. Google has Groups but it doesn't appear that there are many using it yet.

I'm about ready to drop Yahoo altogether. I've had Yahoo Mail forever, but it's gotten so slow in the past year that I find it almost unusable.

I've had Yahoo Mail for about as long as they've had the service, same email address the whole time, too.