• Reddit

4 11.43%
  • Other

11 31.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What social media do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    I've had Yahoo Mail for about as long as they've had the service, same email address the whole time, too.

It would be a PITA to change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

I checked them all off, but I didn't check off "other", and I should have since I use SOMDcom forums.

I use FB, I follow some politicians and a few other interests on Twitter, but mostly I follow some emergency/state/localcounty agencies for notifications. I follow my nieces on Instagram.

I *have* used Reddit, although, not on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    This is why I don't waste any effort trying to be fairly innocuous. ;-p

Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post
    Is Usenet considered Social Media?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Via 14400 modem?
    You know that's right!

High-speed internet baby - 1993-style.

(omigod, I forgot all about Usenet!)

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    I've had Yahoo Mail for about as long as they've had the service, same email address the whole time, too.
    I can say that with AOL.. version one floppy.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Explain to me why you would use any of those instead of texting or email? FBM, I'm guessing because that's how your FB friends message you, but the others are *just* messaging services, aren't they?

Yes ... communication apps, they use data instead of SMS Texting, so as long as I have a WiFi signal I can send messages
    ... while think a 'group' chat function is available, I use them strictly for one / one

I can send a msg faster on Kik then opening 'mail' on my phone and composing a message to send

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I'm not a big social media user. I run them down daily to see what the kids are up to, but I can't see the point of Twitter or Instagram unless you're some celebrity with a huge following.
    Twitter / Instagram are more like 1 to 1000's communication apps - sure you can DM on twiter, but that really is not the point.

FBM because video phone.
    Like in the Jetson's

Been There Done That ... easier than Skype for the most part

Is Usenet considered Social Media?

there is a sub-reddit for finding Pen and Paper Pen Pals
    Last edited by GURPS; 05-22-2018 at 07:11 AM.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    The idea was that you could sign up for a social network like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, Flickr or Reddit and connect with old friends and acquaintances, make new ones or even interact with strangers about your life.

Except that Twitter was really a "micro-blogging" site, LinkedIn was about finding a job, Pinterest was a pinboard site, Instagram and Flickr were photo-sharing sites, Tumblr was a social-blogging platform, Reddit was a social bookmarking site and who knows what Google+ ever was?

[clip]

The first is messaging. Those darn millennials we're always hearing about increasingly reject social networking on sites like Facebook in favor of messaging via apps like Snapchat.

Unlike social networking, messaging is private, temporary and immediate. More to the point, messaging normally doesn't go out to one's broader "social network." Messaging content tends to be targeted to one or a few individuals, with the majority of one's "social network" left out on purpose. Using a messaging app feels like "sending" something, not "posting" something.

The second is the general world of online distractions, including YouTube videos, games, articles, podcasts and more.

And the third is social media.

Confusion about the difference between social networking and social media is why most people haven't noticed the decline of social networking. People don't stop to think about the difference.

makes sense .....
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Does anyone remember MySpace? No? Is that still even functional?

Quote Originally Posted by FettZilla View Post
    Does anyone remember MySpace? No? Is that still even functional?
    yes, taken over by music minded people .... a tool for promoting your garage band

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I can say that with AOL.. version one floppy.
    I installed AOHell off that original floppy back when.
    Had to reformat my drive and reinstall everything else to get rid of it.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Members who have read this thread: 69