Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Road constrction By Harris Teeter/235 & Rt 4

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Me, I couldnt even take commuting from Wildewood. It's two-3 minutes to the end of Park Hall Road, a 30 second to 1.5 minute wait there to get north, then two minutes on 235. Followed by 2-5 minutes into Gate 3.
    My commute takes from one to three minutes, depending on whether I stop to feed the cats or not.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    That was quite the "commute" for some of my co-workers. We had a very beat up Volvo station wagon on the St. Mary's side that everyone who lived in Calvert used to get back and forth between our office and the ferry landing. I sold the company the Volvo for $250 ...they never bothered to change tags or anything else...gave it back to me when the bridge re-opened. LOL.
    Certainly interesting. I remember they closed the bridge at lunchtime with no warning.

FAKE NEWS - noun /feɪk ˈnuːz/ - Real and actual facts that Donald Trump does not like​

That whole construction project has been an epic cluster#### since day one, and only gets worse. There is no reason to funnel the traffic into two very narrow passages on the periphery of the road, when the "construction" area is so narrow. I won't even mention that in the 4 weeks this traffic pattern has existed I have only seen workers on site ONE DAY when they cut the asphalt and removed it....oops I just did mention it...

hopefully, when they finally get around to fixing this fluster cluck, they'll do something about the flooding too.

Traffic was stopped both ways. Ambulance with lights & siren on couldn't get through and nowhere for traffic to divert to, so the ambulance driver just drove through the construction site! No workers were present so no harm and he didn't have much choice.

What are the chances, the road configuration, lanes (less the new 4-way light and median) will return to the original?
    Earth: 30% Land, 70% Race Course... ___/) ____/)

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none"... Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by terbear1225 View Post
    hopefully, when they finally get around to fixing this fluster cluck, they'll do something about the flooding too.
    They did. Someone moved the construction barrels about 10 feet to to left when that section of road was 3 feet under water a few days ago. They're on top of things.

I sent an email to our county commissioners and got this back.
    Hello Mr. XXXXX, the County portion of the project, which is FDR Blvd, is almost completed. A left turn lane from northbound FDR Blvd at MD 4 still needs to be constructed however. The MD Route 4 portion of the roadway is maintained by the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA), and the developer has a permit through the SHA. The remaining work appears to consist of constructing the median and overlaying the roadway. I am copying Corren Johnson, District Engineer so she can respond to all of us on the status of the work, with a time table for completion. We had forwarded concerns to her about this project just last week.

I hope this addresses your concerns from a County perspective. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

John J. Groeger, P.E.
    Deputy Director
    St. Mary's County DPW&T

I ran in to Todd Morgan, the Commissioner for that area and when asked him what the Commissioners were doing about it, all he would say is "it's a state road issue" over and over again. I said it's a county issue since countians drive it every day... "It's a state road issue".. Must be nice to be running for election un-challenged.
    Last edited by Dukesdad; 05-24-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    I don't wanna' pickle...I just wanna' ride my motorsickle"
    (Arlo Guthrie cir-1972)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner, Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote" (Ben Franklin)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukesdad View Post
    I sent an email to our county commissioners and got this back.
    Hello Mr. XXXXX, the County portion of the project, which is FDR Blvd, is almost completed. A left turn lane from northbound FDR Blvd at MD 4 still needs to be constructed however. The MD Route 4 portion of the roadway is maintained by the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA), and the developer has a permit through the SHA. The remaining work appears to consist of constructing the median and overlaying the roadway. I am copying Corren Johnson, District Engineer so she can respond to all of us on the status of the work, with a time table for completion. We had forwarded concerns to her about this project just last week.

I hope this addresses your concerns from a County perspective. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

John J. Groeger, P.E.
    Deputy Director
    St. Mary's County DPW&T

I ran in to Todd Morgan, the Commissioner for that area and when asked him what the Commissioners were doing about it, all he would say is "it's a state road issue" over and over again. I said it's a county issue since countians drive it every day... "It's a state road issue".. Must be nice to be running for election un-challenged.
    In this case, Todd Morgan is correct. County govt has no control over state roads. If you want to express concerns about state roads, you need to contact Deb Rey and Steve Waugh.

FAKE NEWS - noun /feɪk ˈnuːz/ - Real and actual facts that Donald Trump does not like​

Todd Morgan is correct, it's a state road & questions are properly directed to SHA. Of course the County Co can, and have, apply pressure to the delegation for some quicker action on this.

Members who have read this thread: 151