Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Road constrction By Harris Teeter/235 & Rt 4

Sunday's heavy rain has apparently helped to excavate the hole in the middle of the road.
    The standing / running water flooding the west bound lane is now brown and filling the storm drains with silt from the hole.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

There was a story in the Enterprise last week about this. Something about the developers are in charge of this, along with the State. There were Miss Utility lines that were not properly marked. Among other things. Either way, it's a PITA.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Here's the info straight from the "horse's mouth". Make of it what you will. From SHA:

a. SHA told the contractor to revise marking and signs for the left turn onto FDR Blvd.

Contractor need only accept, then execute. Could be very fast.

While working on the intersection the Contractor discovered 2 major new problems:

MEDIAN: design issues, elevation changes from plan
    STORM DRAIN: discovered a set of Verizon conduits in an unexpected location

b. SHA is waiting for new plan from Contractor (may require test pits).

SHA must approve new Contractor plan. If it's a bad plan SHA may disapprove, causing further delay.
    Will probably take 6 more weeks to complete.
    Likely end date: August 2018

..if momma ain't happy... my-thyme's Avatar
    And I guess it's the county that now has the Rt 5 end of Indian Bridge all torn up.

The heavy shower late yesterday caused serious overwash/flooding in the low lying area near that church entrance. I drive a mid-sized sedan and did ok through there but I would have preferred not go to thru if I'd had that option at all. But once you are in the chute, there is no turning back & having bumper to bumper traffic leaves no options. It doesn't help at all that other motorists insist on driving through there like complete maniacs. We all know the road is torn apart, we all know it is far from ideal, but barreling through there, honking at others taking their time & driving cautiously doesn't improve the situation especially with SEVERAL inches of moving water across the road AND poor visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Potomac View Post
    The heavy shower late yesterday caused serious overwash/flooding in the low lying area near that church entrance. I drive a mid-sized sedan and did ok through there but I would have preferred not go to thru if I'd had that option at all. But once you are in the chute, there is no turning back & having bumper to bumper traffic leaves no options. It doesn't help at all that other motorists insist on driving through there like complete maniacs. We all know the road is torn apart, we all know it is far from ideal, but barreling through there, honking at others taking their time & driving cautiously doesn't improve the situation especially with SEVERAL inches of moving water across the road AND poor visibility.
    I had that happen a couple of months ago and I was glad I drive a heavy sedan but there was a bit of a pucker factor going through it. Same situation yesterday exiting from Airport Road onto 235 Southbound. Very thankful no one was behind me so I could drive through slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    Very thankful no one was behind me so I could drive through slowly.
    Maybe more than many people, I do think about the effect my driving has on those around me. But in that situation? If there is someone behind me, they can bloody well wait for me to safely proceed. Who cares if they're annoyed!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhawk View Post
    Maybe more than many people, I do think about the effect my driving has on those around me. But in that situation? If there is someone behind me, they can bloody well wait for me to safely proceed. Who cares if they're annoyed!
    I was thinking more as it was very unexpected and I braked hard before I went through it to minimize my speed, so somebody behind me could have potentially hit me as I know how people drive through there normally. Pretty much like Fred Flintstone leaving the quarry after work and going like a bat out of hell!

Really, still nothing...

How long has it been since the Harris Teeter shopping center opened?
    Last edited by Airgasm; 07-30-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Earth: 30% Land, 70% Race Course... ___/) ____/)

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none"... Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Airgasm View Post
    Really, still nothing...

How long has it been since the Harris Teeter shopping center opened?
    Commissioner Todd Morgan posted this blurb today on his FB page:

FINALLY... I received a call this morning and am pleased to report that MD State Highway Dept. has approved plans and permits for the completion of the intersection of Rt. 4 and 235...aka Harris Teeter. I know, like you , this has taken forever to get through and everyone's inconvenience ( not to mention the flooding) . Let's hope the weather cooperates and the contractor makes this their top priority. Thanks
    Just because it is now approved doesn't mean the contractor will actually get the job done in a timely matter.

Members who have read this thread: 143