Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 130

Thread: Road constrction By Harris Teeter/235 & Rt 4

  1. #111
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkian View Post
    Who is in charge of this project and where can we send an email to complain? Maybe if we make enough noise somebody will work on getting it fixed!
    Stage a sit in. Get about two dozen or so of other like minded folks, drive your cars to the area. Half drive and stop in the east bound lanes and the others stop in the west bound lanes and just sit there for about 3-4 hours with signs that simply say, "Fix the road". When you do it have someone make some calls to get the national media involved. It'll be a hoot!
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  2. #112
    Registered User Bean Machine's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SOMD
    Posts
    739
    I would say that writing letters to the Editor of the Enterprise might work. Nothing like bad press to grease the wheels of inactivity. However, I have done this very thing on this exact issue and the letters do not get published. The letters were on point and I don't know
    a reason for them not to be published. A flood of letters cannot be ignored however.

  3. #113
    Registered User calvcopf's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Prince Frederick
    Posts
    993
    You can contact Maryland State Highway Administration (District 5)

    Phone: 800-331-5603 email: SHADistrict5@sha.state.md.us

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    Remember too Hogie brags about cutting tolls and associated fees. .
    The problem with tolls is, they become a cash cow after a while long after they've served their usefulness.

    The best example is the Delaware portion of I-95 running down the spine of the East Coast.
    It's only 12 miles long, but it'll cost you four bucks to cross it.

    Must be made out of gold, for it to require so much maintenance.

    You and I know, that's not what is happening. As a general rule, the cost for a toll is supposed to pay for the road itself and its upkeep,
    but with Delaware, all of the nation's traffic going up and down the coast is bankrolling their entire road system - and more.

    It's not "paying for roads". Money is fungible - it's paying for whatever they want.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkian View Post
    Who is in charge of this project and where can we send an email to complain? Maybe if we make enough noise somebody will work on getting it fixed!
    LOL..probably the same arseclowns at SHA that decided to remove the rest of a disappearing beach and make the st. George's island roadway a beach instead. A half dozen or more times they sent trucks and an excavator down to remove the sand that kept blocking a drain under the road on the beach side. I think they've almost got it now!..the road is under the beach and the drain goes straight to the river real soon.

    I wonder where they took all the sand...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dig it out.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	124969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final product.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	124970
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

  6. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    The problem with tolls is, they become a cash cow after a while long after they've served their usefulness.

    The best example is the Delaware portion of I-95 running down the spine of the East Coast.
    It's only 12 miles long, but it'll cost you four bucks to cross it.

    Must be made out of gold, for it to require so much maintenance.

    You and I know, that's not what is happening. As a general rule, the cost for a toll is supposed to pay for the road itself and its upkeep,
    but with Delaware, all of the nation's traffic going up and down the coast is bankrolling their entire road system - and more.

    It's not "paying for roads". Money is fungible - it's paying for whatever they want.
    And in MD, ALL monies go into the General Fund.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

  7. #117
    Registered User calvcopf's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Prince Frederick
    Posts
    993
    Quote Originally Posted by calvcopf View Post
    You can contact Maryland State Highway Administration (District 5)

    Phone: 800-331-5603 email: SHADistrict5@sha.state.md.us
    Anyone ever get a response from the Sate?
    I tried, but they ain't talkin!

  8. #118
    Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    1,165
    Looks like they are making preparations to screw up 1st Colony and 235.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

  9. #119
    Went by there last night and they are finally working on it again, putting in medians and such. I just have to wonder how long it will be until they actually fix the paving (and I use that term loosely) we have to bumpily drive over.

  10. #120
    I love the fact that they have put up medians and closed the right turn lane on SB 235 and Airport Road. I guess they are trying to block the view of the non-work that has been happening over the last 18 months or so
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

Members who have read this thread: 118

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |