Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Road constrction By Harris Teeter/235 & Rt 4

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Forkian View Post
    Who is in charge of this project and where can we send an email to complain? Maybe if we make enough noise somebody will work on getting it fixed!
    Stage a sit in. Get about two dozen or so of other like minded folks, drive your cars to the area. Half drive and stop in the east bound lanes and the others stop in the west bound lanes and just sit there for about 3-4 hours with signs that simply say, "Fix the road". When you do it have someone make some calls to get the national media involved. It'll be a hoot!
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

I would say that writing letters to the Editor of the Enterprise might work. Nothing like bad press to grease the wheels of inactivity. However, I have done this very thing on this exact issue and the letters do not get published. The letters were on point and I don't know
    a reason for them not to be published. A flood of letters cannot be ignored however.

You can contact Maryland State Highway Administration (District 5)

Phone: 800-331-5603 email: SHADistrict5@sha.state.md.us

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    Remember too Hogie brags about cutting tolls and associated fees. .
    The problem with tolls is, they become a cash cow after a while long after they've served their usefulness.

The best example is the Delaware portion of I-95 running down the spine of the East Coast.
    It's only 12 miles long, but it'll cost you four bucks to cross it.

Must be made out of gold, for it to require so much maintenance.

You and I know, that's not what is happening. As a general rule, the cost for a toll is supposed to pay for the road itself and its upkeep,
    but with Delaware, all of the nation's traffic going up and down the coast is bankrolling their entire road system - and more.

It's not "paying for roads". Money is fungible - it's paying for whatever they want.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Forkian View Post
    Who is in charge of this project and where can we send an email to complain? Maybe if we make enough noise somebody will work on getting it fixed!
    LOL..probably the same arseclowns at SHA that decided to remove the rest of a disappearing beach and make the st. George's island roadway a beach instead. A half dozen or more times they sent trucks and an excavator down to remove the sand that kept blocking a drain under the road on the beach side. I think they've almost got it now!..the road is under the beach and the drain goes straight to the river real soon.

I wonder where they took all the sand...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dig it out.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	124969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final product.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	124970
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    The problem with tolls is, they become a cash cow after a while long after they've served their usefulness.

The best example is the Delaware portion of I-95 running down the spine of the East Coast.
    It's only 12 miles long, but it'll cost you four bucks to cross it.

Must be made out of gold, for it to require so much maintenance.

You and I know, that's not what is happening. As a general rule, the cost for a toll is supposed to pay for the road itself and its upkeep,
    but with Delaware, all of the nation's traffic going up and down the coast is bankrolling their entire road system - and more.

It's not "paying for roads". Money is fungible - it's paying for whatever they want.
    And in MD, ALL monies go into the General Fund.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Members who have read this thread: 146