Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Road constrction By Harris Teeter/235 & Rt 4

Road constrction By Harris Teeter/235 & Rt 4

So how many more months and accidents are going to happen before they fix the road? Are then putting a media strip are they putting in sewer I see signs of both. What is going on with blocking off lanes on 235 for this?

ANYBODY GOT A CLUE?
    JUSTME2

Quote Originally Posted by Justme2 View Post
    So how many more months and accidents are going to happen before they fix the road? Are then putting a media strip are they putting in sewer I see signs of both. What is going on with blocking off lanes on 235 for this?

ANYBODY GOT A CLUE?

How many acidents are being caused by the construction? AS opposed to being caused by idiots?
    "I aim to misbehave."

It’s like driving through downtown Beirut there but the people are meaner.
    “Lose with the effort of a champion” - Rich Franklin

"God will not have his work made manifest by cowards" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    How many acidents are being caused by the construction? AS opposed to being caused by idiots?
    I can't speak to accidents but there are some serious traffic issues that are a direct result of the construction, or rather the demolition as I have yet to see any progress towards constructing anything.

Same thing with the "project" going on at Airport Rd.

The new Dollar Store in Hollywood has been designed, surveyed, land cleared, plumbed, constructed, finalized, and store opened for at least 2 weeks. ALL of that has happen AFTER they started work at Airport Road. Maybe the same management is in charge of whatever is going on at 235/St. Andrews
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

I went to BJ's today and was there last week as well and I do wish they would finish that area. Grateful I don't have to go there (or over the bridge, for that matter) every day.
    My closest near accident was wanting to slam on my brakes to the GMC Envoy nimrod tail gaiting me from Solomons to Three Notch Road. I had two car lengths in front of me all the way and couldn't have gone any faster if I wanted to. The person is lucky I love my car as much as I do...
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Quote Originally Posted by terbear1225 View Post
    I can't speak to accidents but there are some serious traffic issues that are a direct result of the construction, or rather the demolition as I have yet to see any progress towards constructing anything.

Agree, there are issues. As to no visible progress, that can be tricky. Could be permits, sightings of the ol "eastern narrowmouth spotted owl" or some such. Could be there are things happening you cannot see, trenching or other utilitiy type stuff.
    "I aim to misbehave."

They had to move a storm drain. I think that is done & now they are installing a median.
    This has gone on too long & certainly been less than ideal, but it sure would help if people would just slow down a bit & be more cautious while things remain a mess. Is that too much to ask ?

I hope it's finished before construction of the new overpass begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    LOL
    ah, ok, not funny, if you've driven the road - or what passes as a road, even without another vehicle it would be easy to break an axle or a rim or worse.
    I can sort of understand the closure of the second left hand turn lane on NB 235, but it really fxxks with traffic

But yes, idiots, misguided souls, whatever. I must continue to remind myself that technically only getting struck by lightning is an accident - i.e. an act of god.
    What happens on the roadways is a collision.
    Somebody failed to control their vehicle and came to an unplanned stop against another object.

But I agree, WHEN THE F are they going to do something besides leave a crater in the road.

In answer to the OP, I don;'t think anybody knows what's going on.

Your tax dollars at work
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Members who have read this thread: 152