Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you trust most? Least?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    M&A by a company doesn;t make them a monopoly.
    Actually Google is the monopoly. I got my corporate behemoths mixed up. But Amazon is quite far reaching and intrusive in almost every aspect of our lives.

Are you old enough to remember the late 90s and the breakup of Microsoft? That was over including a web browser in with an operating system.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Are you old enough to remember the late 90s and the breakup of Microsoft? That was over including a web browser in with an operating system.

A&P in the 1946 lost a Anti-Trust Suit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gr...ic_Tea_Company

https://www.competitionpolicyinterna...the-great-a-p/

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/b...-of-today.html [I have the book pictured]

https://www.npr.org/2011/08/23/13976...he-way-we-shop
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

How old do you people think I am?
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Blog Entries
    ...and just like that - Windows updated and my laptop computer will not boot correctly. I am not certain yet if it is Windows or the Lenovo hard drive. It was a continous loop of things happening. FH started to look at it last night, but it got too late. UGH

PLUS, my phone is already not playing well with the forums either. It's always been a pain without a forum reader app, but now the forums won't let me stay logged in, and I can't search or post unless I am. Everytime I try to refresh, I have to start all over again.

The IT gods have smote me.

Blog Entries
    Fingers crossed - I think I have solved my forums issue for now, at least. I switched browsers on my phone and it is playing much nicer with the forums.

Doing a quick interwebz search, I think I found similar issues that I am having with my laptop at home. Hopefully, my IT guy will be able to fixee fixee for me. It *seems* to ne a Windows issue, too.

Have you seen the list of companies Amazon owns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ions_by_Amazon
    Still don't get why you think Amazon is a monopoly. Metrocast is a monopoly. They're the only choice if you want CATV.

FAKE NEWS - noun /feɪk ˈnuːz/ - Real and actual facts that Donald Trump does not like​

Actually Google is the monopoly. I got my corporate behemoths mixed up. But Amazon is quite far reaching and intrusive in almost every aspect of our lives.

Actually, Microsoft was never broken up. While that was the original decision, it was appealed and Microsoft and the DoJ reached a settlement involving other remedies but not a break up.

FAKE NEWS - noun /feɪk ˈnuːz/ - Real and actual facts that Donald Trump does not like​

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    that was the original decision

I'm not interested in arguing, sir.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    Still don't get why you think Amazon is a monopoly. Metrocast is a monopoly. They're the only choice if you want CATV.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I'm not interested in arguing, sir.
    He's not arguing ...he's demonstrating his remarkable skillz at hair splitting and nit picking. And they are impressive, I must say.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Members who have read this thread: 47