Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you trust most? Least?

Blog Entries

Who do you trust most? Least?

Microsoft
    Apple
    Amazon
    Facebook

Amazon is taking over pretty much everything and becoming a monopoly, I don't care what DA says. He can mock and sneer til his face falls off, but it's still true. That said, there will be One Corporation To Rule Them All; might as well be Amazon.

Facebook is just a social media platform and can be whatever you want it to be. Not sure why people are so freaked out by it. Anyone who still expects true complete privacy on the internet...I don't even know what to say. If you befriend strangers on the internet, that's your fault. If you give up your mug shot, account information, and friends list so you can see what you'd look like with Barbie makeup, that's on you.

Apple is a bit of a nonentity with me. I don't like i-things because they don't play nicely with others. Every Apple product I've ever had has been overpriced crap.

Microsoft has the power to really impact my life. I cringe and my heart races every time I'm forced to "upgrade" their software. So far so good, but there is still the potential for them to hose me but good.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I don't put much thought into the whole Corporation are Evil Meme ... at this point saying that is like saying water is wet.
    from someone who watched M$ actions in the 90s ... yep they did some shady #### to gain the provenance they had .....

Businesses engage in some cut throat practices ..... unless we are talking about Kerr-McGee Cimarron Fuel Fabrication Site and Karen Silkwood ... most of it is a yawn fest

- lawsuits over bundled web browsers ...
    imagine a place where it all began, gathered from across the land, to work in the secrecy of the ... oops excuse me ....
    a time when web browsers were sold ...
    not given away .. M$ had the temerity to bundle IE with Windows

- when developing the 1st windows M$ needed desktop icons ...
    Apple had release the Mac and OS 1 at this point ....
    Apple's license for M$ Basic and other apps - sold on the Apple ][ Platform were up for renewal
    M$ strong armed them over the icons - allow us to use them or find another Basic to sell on Apple ][s

- BeOS was making a deal with Toshiba to have BeOS installed from the OEM. M$ caught with and told Toshiba, yeah those Windows OS Licenses you want ... if you continue your deal with BeOS, you will be paying a lot more in the future
    [not really competition to Windows, more of a threat to Apple]

in the 1990's it was all M$ is taking over the world .... now it is 2018 Amazon is taking over the world.
    is anyone even worried about M$ Desktop domination anymore ......

in the 1950s it was A&P is taking over the world, putting the corner market out of business - the same argument made about Wal-Mart in the 2000's
    Last edited by GURPS; 05-23-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

The writers of Wall-E saw the writing on the wall.... how many of these monopolies are starting to look like the B&L company in that movie?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Microsoft
    Apple
    Amazon
    Facebook

Amazon is taking over pretty much everything and becoming a monopoly, I don't care what DA says. He can mock and sneer til his face falls off, but it's still true. That said, there will be One Corporation To Rule Them All; might as well be Amazon.

Facebook is just a social media platform and can be whatever you want it to be. Not sure why people are so freaked out by it. Anyone who still expects true complete privacy on the internet...I don't even know what to say. If you befriend strangers on the internet, that's your fault. If you give up your mug shot, account information, and friends list so you can see what you'd look like with Barbie makeup, that's on you.

Apple is a bit of a nonentity with me. I don't like i-things because they don't play nicely with others. Every Apple product I've ever had has been overpriced crap.

Microsoft has the power to really impact my life. I cringe and my heart races every time I'm forced to "upgrade" their software. So far so good, but there is still the potential for them to hose me but good.
    Apple is worth 9 times Amazon and maintains over 50% market share (as of 3 months ago) but Amazon (who has a much less market share in individual markets) is the monopoly?
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Apple is worth 9 times Amazon and maintains over 50% market share (as of 3 months ago) but Amazon (who has a much less market share in individual markets) is the monopoly?
    Have you seen the list of companies Amazon owns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ions_by_Amazon
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

He won't notice until they start selling pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    He won't notice until they start selling pot.

that would be convenient
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Microsoft
    Apple
    Amazon
    Facebook

It seems that with this last laptop I've gotten, the updates that keep popping up between Microsoft and such, I find little tinky things that I can't figure out without Googling the dang thing for hours to fix it.

It could be the laptop - but it's a Lenovo and the last Lenovo I had for 8 years with very few issues I couldn't fix myself. irg.

Amazon is taking over pretty much everything and becoming a monopoly...
    Here we go again!
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

M&A by a company doesn;t make them a monopoly. In the other thread about this topic I discussed the limited marketshare Amazon (or its subsidiaries) has. You'll also notice a number of those companies are technical, not product mfrs.
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

Members who have read this thread: 47