Fast food prank nearly ends in arrest

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It's a bit long. What I want to point out is the response by the police. FWIW, I'm pro police. I think they have a very difficult job. But Johnny Law gets a bit out of hand wanting to find any statue to arrest this guy and as he says let the states attorney figure it out. I'm glad the dumb stuff I did as a ute didn't land me in shiny bracelets.

The prank begins around 4:40. The police show up around 9:45 and then it gets interesting. Billy Badass shows up around the 12:00 mark. Good thing the kid let his camera run so he could document the entire encounter.

Monello

PREMO Member
Cliff notes? I don't have time for a 20 minute video.

These guys have a Youtube channel where they prank people. This prank involved ordering french fries at a fast food place(Checkers). Then they swap the fries out for a bag that contains $50,000 in movie currency that looks like US money. They return the bag and say there is a mistake in the order. The first time he tries it the workers get a laugh at it. The 2nd time it backfires. The guy tries to get the bag of fake money back but instead the workers call the cops. During the phone call they mention that the guy pointed a laser sighted gun at them. Prankster doesn't know the cops are responding to a man with a gun call. Hilarity ensues. Billy Baddass cop threatens to arrest the guy for assault. Good thing for him he kept the camera rolling. The cop has a serious attitude problem and this kid catches his ire.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
These guys have a Youtube channel where they prank people. This prank involved ordering french fries at a fast food place(Checkers). Then they swap the fries out for a bag that contains $50,000 in movie currency that looks like US money. They return the bag and say there is a mistake in the order. The first time he tries it the workers get a laugh at it. The 2nd time it backfires. The guy tries to get the bag of fake money back but instead the workers call the cops. During the phone call they mention that the guy pointed a laser sighted gun at them. Prankster doesn't know the cops are responding to a man with a gun call. Hilarity ensues. Billy Baddass cop threatens to arrest the guy for assault. Good thing for him he kept the camera rolling. The cop has a serious attitude problem and this kid catches his ire.

Thx.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not a fan of these "pranksters". It's only a matter of time before they get their ass beat or killed. I don't really understand the desire to be "famous on the internet".

Chris0nllyn

I don't really understand the desire to be "famous on the internet".

Because YouTube monetizes certain accounts. This guy makes something like $130,000 a year filming pranks.

The real question is, does the person who called and falsely claimed there was a laser pointed at them face any sort of false police report charge? How about the cops that illegally searched his vehicle? Or them threatening to make up some charge? Or them turning off his camera? Or the cops berating someone because they got a wrong call, drove "across the city", and asked "what if I got into a crash"? Cops don't need to act like they are some holy moral force in charge of making sure no one acts in a way that steps of this arbitrary line they set on scene, regardless of the legality of it. They then have the nerve to act like him recording make him the bad guy ("We need protection from you") when the officer literally just said he'd make up charges for the kid!

This is all kinds of ####ed up and, IMO, indicative of police forces all over this country. The kid knew he ####ed up, but so did the cops, but instead of saying mutually agreeing they both ####ed up, the police will simply never point to themselves for not even attempting to de-escalate or understand the situation. Instead of basing their decisions on the legality of the call/stop, they get bent out of shape (blaming the kid for his driving ability), don't scald the caller for making a false claim, and try to play Mommy and Daddy scolding their child for misbehaving. These community servants are willing to send this kid to jail, "let the state's attorney figure it out", and let the chips fall as they may because, why? Because they feel like the kid deserves more punishment?

At the end of the day, they could have found anything to lock him up on, made some #### up like the officer said he'd do, and potentially ruin this kid's life all while they get no slap on the hand for not being professional, performing illegal actions while ignoring others, and avoiding any sort of punishment. The good cops? they stood around and watched it all happen.

Monello

PREMO Member
Because YouTube monetizes certain accounts. This guy makes something like $130,000 a year filming pranks.

The real question is, does the person who called and falsely claimed there was a laser pointed at them face any sort of false police report charge? How about the cops that illegally searched his vehicle? Or them threatening to make up some charge? Or them turning off his camera? Or the cops berating someone because they got a wrong call, drove "across the city", and asked "what if I got into a crash"? Cops don't need to act like they are some holy moral force in charge of making sure no one acts in a way that steps of this arbitrary line they set on scene, regardless of the legality of it. They then have the nerve to act like him recording make him the bad guy ("We need protection from you") when the officer literally just said he'd make up charges for the kid!

This is all kinds of ####ed up and, IMO, indicative of police forces all over this country. The kid knew he ####ed up, but so did the cops, but instead of saying mutually agreeing they both ####ed up, the police will simply never point to themselves for not even attempting to de-escalate or understand the situation. Instead of basing their decisions on the legality of the call/stop, they get bent out of shape (blaming the kid for his driving ability), don't scald the caller for making a false claim, and try to play Mommy and Daddy scolding their child for misbehaving. These community servants are willing to send this kid to jail, "let the state's attorney figure it out", and let the chips fall as they may because, why? Because they feel like the kid deserves more punishment?

At the end of the day, they could have found anything to lock him up on, made some #### up like the officer said he'd do, and potentially ruin this kid's life all while they get no slap on the hand for not being professional, performing illegal actions while ignoring others, and avoiding any sort of punishment. The good cops? they stood around and watched it all happen.

I'm glad you took the time to chime in. I know you have a reputation as being critical of LE. That's not a knock on you, just my observation from some of your posts. I like to give the cops the benefit of the doubt. But the 3rd cop to roll on the scene is way over the top. He clearly has some authority issues. And as you noted, the other 3 just stand there while he makes threats of arrest to someone that clearly hasn't broken any laws.

I'm glad there are now videos to point out when police go above and beyond. Also as a means to identify those with badges that probably should be in a different line of work. It also proved that a preacher was lying when he said the cops profiled him and asked him about drugs when that clearly wasn't what happened when he was stopped for a traffic violation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That's a lot of work, though, don't you think? Not to mention the risk factor.

The real question is, does the person who called and falsely claimed there was a laser pointed at them face any sort of false police report charge?

I was wondering that same thing.

Anyway, the cop is on video being a #### head and threatening to "find something". In my mind that's enough to send him packing.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Anyway, the cop is on video being a #### head and threatening to "find something". In my mind that's enough to send him packing.

Whenever I interact with the police, I give them utmost respect. With a blowhard ego-tripping little pissant of a cop in the vid, I'm afraid I would end up in cuffs. It wouldn't be he first time my mouth wrote a check that my ass couldn't cover. That worm doesn't deserve respect. He's lucky the subject is a passive individual.

This is the type of behavior that fuels the current anti-cop atmosphere that we're now experiencing. Now Chris is a little more "libertarian" than I could ever imagine being, but I believe this is the type of thing that feeds his attitude. I've been on the receiving end of a confrontation similar to this kid, however, he kept his cool way better than I.

Just as an FYI, Charles County deputies may dress like cub scouts, but they don't treat you very well when you vocalize the similarities...

Chris0nllyn

I'm glad you took the time to chime in. I know you have a reputation as being critical of LE. That's not a knock on you, just my observation from some of your posts. I like to give the cops the benefit of the doubt. But the 3rd cop to roll on the scene is way over the top. He clearly has some authority issues. And as you noted, the other 3 just stand there while he makes threats of arrest to someone that clearly hasn't broken any laws.

I'm glad there are now videos to point out when police go above and beyond. Also as a means to identify those with badges that probably should be in a different line of work. It also proved that a preacher was lying when he said the cops profiled him and asked him about drugs when that clearly wasn't what happened when he was stopped for a traffic violation.

Absolutely. It works both ways.

That's a lot of work, though, don't you think? Not to mention the risk factor.

I was wondering that same thing.

It certainly is a ton of work. Film it, edit it, upload it, etc. but the kid is likely under 21 and is making a killing at being an idiot. I'm sure he'll grow up one day, but there are so many other "YouTube" stars out there with many more followers. The new thing is to watch people play video games. My young cousins like to watch other kids play Fortnite on Twitch. It's an amazing, technical, world where playing video games pays the bills.

Monello

PREMO Member
Whenever I interact with the police, I give them utmost respect. With a blowhard ego-tripping little pissant of a cop in the vid, I'm afraid I would end up in cuffs. It wouldn't be he first time my mouth wrote a check that my ass couldn't cover. That worm doesn't deserve respect. He's lucky the subject is a passive individual.

This is the type of behavior that fuels the current anti-cop atmosphere that we're now experiencing. Now Chris is a little more "libertarian" than I could ever imagine being, but I believe this is the type of thing that feeds his attitude. I've been on the receiving end of a confrontation similar to this kid, however, he kept his cool way better than I.

Just as an FYI, Charles County deputies may dress like cub scouts, but they don't treat you very well when you vocalize the similarities...

Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of system in place to weed these types out of law enforcement. I have to believe that this is his everyday demeanor while on the job. A dude wound up a bit too tight. I'm not for them treating some dirt bag with kid gloves. Rather be a bit more understanding with a person that hasn't broken any law but somehow find themselves being detained while the situation gets sorted out. The person being questioned can also help to deescalate the situation by cooperating and not acting all sketchy. The kid in the video handled himself in a respectable manner and even over apologized when I felt that he didn't do anything that warranted him saying he was sorry.

Last edited:

Clem72

The person being questioned can also help to escalate the situation by cooperating and not acting all sketchy.

This gets complicated when the authority figure wants you to "cooperate" with them violating your rights, and takes anything other than passive compliace as escalation.

Try the following phrase, "respectfully, I know my rights and am not agreeing to this search" without first saying "I am a lawyer" and see how quickly you get your ass beat and a resisting arrest charge hung around your neck.

Monello

PREMO Member
This gets complicated when the authority figure wants you to "cooperate" with them violating your rights, and takes anything other than passive compliace as escalation.

Try the following phrase, "respectfully, I know my rights and am not agreeing to this search" without first saying "I am a lawyer" and see how quickly you get your ass beat and a resisting arrest charge hung around your neck.

The person being questioned can also help to deescalate the situation by cooperating and not acting all sketchy.

I edited my post that you quoted. I should have typed deescalate.

black dog

Free America

I was pulled over with a lawyer in the passenger seat, as the policeman was questioning me about why I had Indiana tags and a MD drivers license, she took over the conversation. That officer learned alot in the next few minutes..

black dog

Free America
Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of system in place to weed these types out of law enforcement. I have to believe that this is his everyday demeanor while on the job. A dude wound up a bit too tight. I'm not for them treating some dirt bag with kid gloves. Rather be a bit more understanding with a person that hasn't broken any law but somehow find themselves being detained while the situation gets sorted out. The person being questioned can also help to deescalate the situation by cooperating and not acting all sketchy. The kid in the video handled himself in a respectable manner and even over apologized when I felt that he didn't do anything that warranted him saying he was sorry.

One would think that when the complaints from citizens started rolling in, management would be looking into it and making changes with habitual problem officers.