Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Fast food prank nearly ends in arrest

  1. #11
    Sieg Heil, Hündinnen! PrchJrkr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in deinem Kopf
    Posts
    8,945
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Anyway, the cop is on video being a #### head and threatening to "find something". In my mind that's enough to send him packing.
    Whenever I interact with the police, I give them utmost respect. With a blowhard ego-tripping little pissant of a cop in the vid, I'm afraid I would end up in cuffs. It wouldn't be he first time my mouth wrote a check that my ass couldn't cover. That worm doesn't deserve respect. He's lucky the subject is a passive individual.

    This is the type of behavior that fuels the current anti-cop atmosphere that we're now experiencing. Now Chris is a little more "libertarian" than I could ever imagine being, but I believe this is the type of thing that feeds his attitude. I've been on the receiving end of a confrontation similar to this kid, however, he kept his cool way better than I.

    Just as an FYI, Charles County deputies may dress like cub scouts, but they don't treat you very well when you vocalize the similarities...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry...

    #AryanLivesMatterMost

    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So you're pretty much a fountain of useless stupid.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    I'm glad you took the time to chime in. I know you have a reputation as being critical of LE. That's not a knock on you, just my observation from some of your posts. I like to give the cops the benefit of the doubt. But the 3rd cop to roll on the scene is way over the top. He clearly has some authority issues. And as you noted, the other 3 just stand there while he makes threats of arrest to someone that clearly hasn't broken any laws.

    I'm glad there are now videos to point out when police go above and beyond. Also as a means to identify those with badges that probably should be in a different line of work. It also proved that a preacher was lying when he said the cops profiled him and asked him about drugs when that clearly wasn't what happened when he was stopped for a traffic violation.
    Absolutely. It works both ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    That's a lot of work, though, don't you think? Not to mention the risk factor.



    I was wondering that same thing.

    Anyway, the cop is on video being a #### head and threatening to "find something". In my mind that's enough to send him packing.
    It certainly is a ton of work. Film it, edit it, upload it, etc. but the kid is likely under 21 and is making a killing at being an idiot. I'm sure he'll grow up one day, but there are so many other "YouTube" stars out there with many more followers. The new thing is to watch people play video games. My young cousins like to watch other kids play Fortnite on Twitch. It's an amazing, technical, world where playing video games pays the bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    If you don't like it, go #### yourself.

  3. #13
    Awww, jeez Monello's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canaryville AKA St. Monello
    Posts
    9,319
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    Whenever I interact with the police, I give them utmost respect. With a blowhard ego-tripping little pissant of a cop in the vid, I'm afraid I would end up in cuffs. It wouldn't be he first time my mouth wrote a check that my ass couldn't cover. That worm doesn't deserve respect. He's lucky the subject is a passive individual.

    This is the type of behavior that fuels the current anti-cop atmosphere that we're now experiencing. Now Chris is a little more "libertarian" than I could ever imagine being, but I believe this is the type of thing that feeds his attitude. I've been on the receiving end of a confrontation similar to this kid, however, he kept his cool way better than I.

    Just as an FYI, Charles County deputies may dress like cub scouts, but they don't treat you very well when you vocalize the similarities...
    Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of system in place to weed these types out of law enforcement. I have to believe that this is his everyday demeanor while on the job. A dude wound up a bit too tight. I'm not for them treating some dirt bag with kid gloves. Rather be a bit more understanding with a person that hasn't broken any law but somehow find themselves being detained while the situation gets sorted out. The person being questioned can also help to deescalate the situation by cooperating and not acting all sketchy. The kid in the video handled himself in a respectable manner and even over apologized when I felt that he didn't do anything that warranted him saying he was sorry.
    Last edited by Monello; 05-25-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    War = Peace
    Freedom = Slavery
    Diversity = Strength

    Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.

  4. #14
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    42,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of system in place to weed these types out of law enforcement.


    I would think a psych profile every couple of years
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  5. #15
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    The person being questioned can also help to escalate the situation by cooperating and not acting all sketchy.
    This gets complicated when the authority figure wants you to "cooperate" with them violating your rights, and takes anything other than passive compliace as escalation.

    Try the following phrase, "respectfully, I know my rights and am not agreeing to this search" without first saying "I am a lawyer" and see how quickly you get your ass beat and a resisting arrest charge hung around your neck.

  6. #16
    Awww, jeez Monello's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canaryville AKA St. Monello
    Posts
    9,319
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    This gets complicated when the authority figure wants you to "cooperate" with them violating your rights, and takes anything other than passive compliace as escalation.

    Try the following phrase, "respectfully, I know my rights and am not agreeing to this search" without first saying "I am a lawyer" and see how quickly you get your ass beat and a resisting arrest charge hung around your neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    The person being questioned can also help to deescalate the situation by cooperating and not acting all sketchy.
    I edited my post that you quoted. I should have typed deescalate.
    War = Peace
    Freedom = Slavery
    Diversity = Strength

    Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    This gets complicated when the authority figure wants you to "cooperate" with them violating your rights, and takes anything other than passive compliace as escalation.

    Try the following phrase, "respectfully, I know my rights and am not agreeing to this search" without first saying "I am a lawyer" and see how quickly you get your ass beat and a resisting arrest charge hung around your neck.
    I was pulled over with a lawyer in the passenger seat, as the policeman was questioning me about why I had Indiana tags and a MD drivers license, she took over the conversation. That officer learned alot in the next few minutes..
    No one cares.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of system in place to weed these types out of law enforcement. I have to believe that this is his everyday demeanor while on the job. A dude wound up a bit too tight. I'm not for them treating some dirt bag with kid gloves. Rather be a bit more understanding with a person that hasn't broken any law but somehow find themselves being detained while the situation gets sorted out. The person being questioned can also help to deescalate the situation by cooperating and not acting all sketchy. The kid in the video handled himself in a respectable manner and even over apologized when I felt that he didn't do anything that warranted him saying he was sorry.
    One would think that when the complaints from citizens started rolling in, management would be looking into it and making changes with habitual problem officers.
    No one cares.

Members who have read this thread: 52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |