Democrat Candidate for Reparations to Blacks and Free College for All Wins Georgia Primary

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Of course, the liberal media is gaga for Democrat Abrams.

But they won’t tell you this…

The Washington Free Beacon reported:

A wealthy Democratic donor club plotting the future of the liberal movement hopes to be fighting for reparations by 2022, according to a document obtained by the Washington Free Beacon from the Democracy Alliance’s spring conference this week in Atlanta.

The desire was stated in the invitation for a Monday reception during the annual spring gathering, which was attended by top Democratic Party officials such as DNC chairman Tom Perez, former Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe, and Reps. Raul Grijalva (Ariz.) and Mark Pocan (Wis.).

The reception, “Way to Win: 2022 Victory Party,” was presented as a look forward at what’s possible if Democrats can be effective in coming elections.

“It’s 2022 and we are celebrating policy victories across the nation: Medicare for All and Free College, and next on the agenda is Reparations,” the group projected, according to an invitation to the event.

Democrat Candidate for Reparations to Blacks and Free College for All Wins Georgia Primary for Governor

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If that is what the people of Georgia want, then go for it. I guess Georgia would provide payments to people living in the state that can show lineage back to someone that was once a slave. I'm curious how they would break that down to who gets paid. Would a recent immigrant from Haiti get money? How about Barry Obama? Would he be eligible for half payment or would he get the full monty? Can I do a Dolezal and just identify?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
If that is what the people of Georgia want, then go for it. I guess Georgia would provide payments to people living in the state that can show lineage back to someone that was once a slave. I'm curious how they would break that down to who gets paid. Would a recent immigrant from Haiti get money? How about Barry Obama? Would he be eligible for half payment or would he get the full monty? Can I do a Dolezal and just identify?

If Georgia and California do it, the rest of the country is in great shape. I see moving trucks on the horizon

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If Georgia and California do it, the rest of the country is in great shape. I see moving trucks on the horizon

Prior to the payouts, the state should open up legal marijuana shops. The shops can even offer check cashing services. I can see the state getting back a whole lot of the money.

Don't prisons offer free college already? Where did you graduate from? Huh, me? I went to Pen. State pen.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Prior to the payouts, the state should open up legal marijuana shops. The shops can even offer check cashing services. I can see the state getting back a whole lot of the money.

Don't prisons offer free college already? Where did you graduate from? Huh, me? I went to Pen. State pen.

Free healthcare, free cable, free education, guaranteed employment, free food, free housing, free clothing.....
Prisons are a Liberal’s Paradise.......just sayin’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
give ever adult black $ 5 million dollars then shut the fork up .... then end all welfare, housing assistance, food stamps for ANY POC

Rommey

I guess Georgia would provide payments to people living in the state that can show lineage back to someone that was once a slave. I'm curious how they would break that down to who gets paid.
Intersting question.
Let's see,
1. Anyone that is currently a slave, gets reparations for every year they are a slave.
2. If they wanted to pay current generations for someone in their lineage having been a slave, then the basic formula would be:
If the full amount of reparation payment is $X, then every generation removed divides that number in ½. So the current generation of people would be about 6 generations removed (maybe more), so that would be 1/64.
3. Definitive proof, from official government documents are only proof acceptable. (anyone who has done genealogy, will know how difficult this will get in some areas going back to the 1860's).
4. All reparation payments must have an equal amount of welfare payments deducted.

Hijinx

Don't sweat it.
She may have gotten elected and a bunch of out of State politicians ran down to kiss her azz, but that's about it.
Passing reparations and collecting the money to pay it are also 2 different things.

SamSpade

Can someone explain to me - clearly and with any degree of persuasiveness - what the basic argument is in favor of reparations?
Slavery ended before my ancestors even arrived on this continent - and I've lived in areas where almost everyone came in the immigrant waves of the early 20th century.

I'm not saying this because of who "owes" it - I'm saying it was a freaking damn long time ago.
By the measure of talking about injustice, maybe the world should pay back the Jews for everything dating back to
Pharoah, the Babylonian exile, Roman occupation all the way to the Holocaust.

If the entire argument rests on prejudice, bigotry and racism, I'd be for it but with one proviso that cannot be altered
under penalty of law -

And that is - no more after that. Because this is an issue that has no basis as far as I can see except an emotional one.

SamSpade

Can I self-identify as a slave - and collect reparations?
What if I believe I'm a reincarnated slave? Will that count?

I can't get behind this - you pay reparations for crimes committed against you -
not for an ancestor that is so far removed, you might not even be able to tell me who it was.
My grandfather was tortured in Japan and came home a shell of a man -
can I sue the Japanese, for pain and suffering given to him, even though he died almost 50 years ago?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Can someone explain to me - clearly and with any degree of persuasiveness - what the basic argument is in favor of reparations?

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/6393

In fact, the idea of reparations for slavery is far from new. Calls for compensation in some form to slaves and their descendants preceded the founding of the United States, dating back to at least the 1760s and continued to be sounded in relatively unbroken form for some two-and-a-half centuries up to the present. This long history of reparations arguments and practices included a range of individuals and groups prior to the Civil War: hundreds of eighteenth-century Quakers, who freed their slaves and personally compensated them for their unpaid time in bondage; a few newly-freed slaves in the North after the American Revolution, who sued in court for a portion of their former masters' wealth; dozens of penitent masters in the upper South, who set their slaves at liberty (especially in their wills) as acts of "retribution" and gave them plots of land, often in the emerging free states north of the Ohio River; a small cadre of nineteenth-century black and white abolitionists, who argued that it was important not only to emancipate the slaves but to "compensate them for the crime"; and hundreds of thousands of slaves on Southern farms and plantations before the Civil War, who sounded subtle calls for both freedom and reparations in their folk songs and tales, claiming that they were due "Egypt's spoil" for their "unrequited toil." These several threads converged after the Civil War as African Americans and their white allies pressed unsuccessfully to redistribute "forty acres and a mule" to each family of recently-freed slaves from the farms and plantations that the U.S. government had confiscated from Confederate rebels during the fighting. They argued that these freedmen and freedwomen were owed a plot of land and an animal to work it as just compensation for their unpaid labor and suffering in slavery.

What is striking about this early reparations movement is its interracial nature. Although never embraced by more than a minority of Americans, the reparations movement contested for national attention and involved both blacks and whites in significant numbers until the late 1860s, when the latter seem to have abandoned the issue. Even many white abolitionists redirected their energies at that time to either a triumphal commemoration of their accomplishment in ending slavery or to other, seemingly more pressing, social and economic concerns. Reparations talk became an exclusively African American subject. In fact, after the U.S. Congress rejected bills in 1866 and 1867 to enact "forty acres and a mule," whites seem to have almost uniformly discarded even their memories of earlier reparations arguments and practices, engaging in a collective act of forgetting about restitution for bondage, just as they largely set aside reminiscences of slavery itself in one great post-emancipation attempt to restore white unity across the Mason-Dixon line. As one scholar recently observed, "'forty acres and a mule,' then, is not where the idea of slave reparations began, but where for whites it died."

Cutting through the nonsense

ONE of the most offensive critiques of the argument for paying reparations to African-Americans is the notion that black people are owed nothing because they are better off in America than they would be in Africa. The claim pops up all the time, and recently reared its head in our comments section in response to my colleague's post on Ta-Nehisi Coates's recent article on reparations in the Atlantic. It's an absurd response, but for moderately interesting reasons. People often employ counterfactuals when making judgments about history: would the world have been better off if the Soviet Union had remained intact? If the British Empire had not ruled India? If the atom bomb had not been dropped on Hiroshima? And so forth. Indeed, ever since David Hume, philosophers have treated counterfactuals as a key element of the very concept of causality: "A causes C" means that without A, C would not be true. The notion that African-Americans are indebted to the slave trade because without it they would still be in Africa helps to clarify how one should and shouldn't use such counterfactuals.

There are any number of reasons why the statement makes little sense. For starters, if the slave trade had not existed, rather few of the people we refer to as "African-Americans" would have been born at all. The vast majority of today's African-Americans have some European or Native American ancestry. Even for African-Americans of pure sub-Saharan African ancestry, there is essentially no chance that their ancestors, who may have hailed from places as far apart as Senegal and Angola, would have met and had children in the same pattern if not for the slave trade. More to the point, it would be just as easy to claim that African-Americans are better off being born in America than they would have been in Syria. So what? One could also say "America owes Native Americans nothing, because they are better off being born in America than they would be had they been born in Africa." There is no alternative history that would lead to today's Native Americans being born in Africa, but there is no alternative history that would lead to today's African-Americans being born in Africa either.

Last edited:

SamSpade

ONE of the most offensive critiques of the argument for paying reparations.....

I suppose to the person who wrote that article, it's persuasive - but it simply - and weakly - counter attacks the argument that blacks are better off here than they are in Africa.
The convoluted argument is that were it not for the slave trade, there'd be no argument (and no reparations argument either).
It's a pointless slippery slope of what ifs. The Vietnam what-if? My gut is that were it not for the war, they'd still be under horrible dictatorship and desperately poor - instead of prosperous.
Ditto Japan. No bomb? How about a war-ravaged nation from one island to another - because of the slaughter that went on?

The best counter argument to what this man proposes might be - how good is life in Africa in nations NOT touched by the slave trade?
Say - Ethiopia, which I've been to, twice. Africa is desperately poor almost from shore to shore everywhere.
There's really no question that African Americans are better off here. That's not an argument.

BUT --

He still never explains why it should be done - - at all.

My ancestors - well, the ones I know about - were Irish. And Cherokee. The others are unknown, because my father was adopted.
But those two groups alone have plenty to bitch about. The Irish were starved out of their land, pushed out of part of their nation,
brutally treated for centuries and brutally treated HERE up until about the Depression. The Cherokee? Trail of Tears?

I think anything resembling a "reparation" goes to me or you based on what has been done to ME or YOU.

EDITED:
(After some research - I'm amending one part of my post - Ethiopia was not subjected to *European* slave trade. They WERE enslaved by Arabs).

Last edited:

Hijinx

Give them reparations and a mandatory free ticket back to Africa.
See how many show up for it then.

SamSpade

Give them reparations and a mandatory free ticket back to Africa.
See how many show up for it then.

Didn't work 150 years ago (with Liberia), and still won't, anymore than I can "go back" to Ireland or Scotland.
It's not home.

I've been doing a little more reading about slavery. One thing really surprised me --
While I've always known that slavery elsewhere in the Americas completely dwarfed that done in the United States, one other stat
surprised me - death rates and fertility rates. One of the reasons they imported so many is, the harsh brutality meant that
they simply did not survive it - and certainly not long enough to have families. Brazil and the Caribbean? They were always importing more.
Almost all at any time were born in Africa, whereas in the United States almost all were several generations removed.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If reparations for payback of descendants of slaves is approved, there must be a mechanism to account for the dilution of slave-blood by immigrants to America subsequent to the founding of the nation. In other words, everyone who wants part of the lottery must prove (get ready to buy stock in Ancestry or 23AndMe) what portion of their ancestry came from slaves. That would mean the every black in America would have to be genetically categorized so we can tell what alleles were more common in slaves than in the population in general. There's gonna be a lot of blacks with 0% slave blood.

Nobody gets paid based on just the color of their skin (wouldn't Rev King be happy with that?)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It didn't work with Liberia because some idiot shot Lincoln.

Early colonization

Between 1461 and the late 17th century, Portuguese, Dutch and British traders had contacts and trading posts in the region. The Portuguese named the area Costa da Pimenta ("Pepper Coast") but it later came to be known as the Grain Coast, due to the abundance of melegueta pepper grains. European traders would barter commodities and goods with local people.

In the United States, there was a movement to resettle free-born blacks and freed slaves who faced racial discrimination in the form of political disenfranchisement, and the denial of civil, religious and social privileges in the United States.[17] Most whites and later a small cadre of black nationalists believed that blacks would face better chances for freedom in Africa than in the U.S.[8] The American Colonization Society was founded in 1816 in Washington, DC for this purpose, by a group of prominent politicians and slaveholders. But its membership grew to include mostly people who supported abolition of slavery. Slaveholders wanted to get free people of color out of the South, where they were thought to threaten the stability of the slave societies. Some abolitionists collaborated on relocation of free blacks, as they were discouraged by racial discrimination against them in the North and believed they would never be accepted in the larger society.[18] Most blacks, who were native-born by this time, wanted to work toward justice in the United States rather than emigrate.[8] Leading activists in the North strongly opposed the ACS, but some free blacks were ready to try a different environment.

In 1822, the American Colonization Society began sending black volunteers to the Pepper Coast to establish a colony for freed blacks. By 1867, the ACS (and state-related chapters) had assisted in the migration of more than 13,000 blacks to Liberia.[19] These free African-Americans and their descendants married within their community and came to identify as Americo-Liberians. Many were of mixed race and educated in American culture; they did not identify with the indigenous natives of the tribes they encountered. They intermarried largely within the colonial community, developing an ethnic group that had a cultural tradition infused with American notions of political republicanism and Protestant Christianity.[20]

The ACS, the private organization supported by prominent American politicians such as Abraham Lincoln, Henry Clay, and James Monroe, believed repatriation of free African Americans was preferable to widespread emancipation of slaves.[18] Similar state-based organizations established colonies in Mississippi-in-Africa and the Republic of Maryland, which were later annexed by Liberia.

The Americo-Liberian settlers did not relate well to the indigenous peoples they encountered, especially those in communities of the more isolated "bush", They knew nothing of their cultures, languages or animist religion. Encounters with tribal Africans in the bush often developed as violent confrontations. The colonial settlements were raided by the Kru and Grebo from their inland chiefdoms. Because of feeling set apart and superior by their culture and education to the indigenous peoples, the Americo-Liberians developed as a small elite that held on to political power. It excluded the indigenous tribesmen from birthright citizenship in their own lands until 1904, in a repetition of the United States' treatment of Native Americans.[10] Because of ethnocentrism and the cultural gap, the Americo-Liberians envisioned creating a western-style state to which the tribesmen should assimilate. They promoted religious organizations to set up missions and schools to educate the indigenous peoples.

Hijinx

Early colonization

Between 1461 and the late 17th century, Portuguese, Dutch and British traders had contacts and trading posts in the region. The Portuguese named the area Costa da Pimenta ("Pepper Coast") but it later came to be known as the Grain Coast, due to the abundance of melegueta pepper grains. European traders would barter commodities and goods with local people.

In the United States, there was a movement to resettle free-born blacks and freed slaves who faced racial discrimination in the form of political disenfranchisement, and the denial of civil, religious and social privileges in the United States.[17] Most whites and later a small cadre of black nationalists believed that blacks would face better chances for freedom in Africa than in the U.S.[8] The American Colonization Society was founded in 1816 in Washington, DC for this purpose, by a group of prominent politicians and slaveholders. But its membership grew to include mostly people who supported abolition of slavery. Slaveholders wanted to get free people of color out of the South, where they were thought to threaten the stability of the slave societies. Some abolitionists collaborated on relocation of free blacks, as they were discouraged by racial discrimination against them in the North and believed they would never be accepted in the larger society.[18] Most blacks, who were native-born by this time, wanted to work toward justice in the United States rather than emigrate.[8] Leading activists in the North strongly opposed the ACS, but some free blacks were ready to try a different environment.

In 1822, the American Colonization Society began sending black volunteers to the Pepper Coast to establish a colony for freed blacks. By 1867, the ACS (and state-related chapters) had assisted in the migration of more than 13,000 blacks to Liberia.[19] These free African-Americans and their descendants married within their community and came to identify as Americo-Liberians. Many were of mixed race and educated in American culture; they did not identify with the indigenous natives of the tribes they encountered. They intermarried largely within the colonial community, developing an ethnic group that had a cultural tradition infused with American notions of political republicanism and Protestant Christianity.[20]

The ACS, the private organization supported by prominent American politicians such as Abraham Lincoln, Henry Clay, and James Monroe, believed repatriation of free African Americans was preferable to widespread emancipation of slaves.[18] Similar state-based organizations established colonies in Mississippi-in-Africa and the Republic of Maryland, which were later annexed by Liberia.

The Americo-Liberian settlers did not relate well to the indigenous peoples they encountered, especially those in communities of the more isolated "bush", They knew nothing of their cultures, languages or animist religion. Encounters with tribal Africans in the bush often developed as violent confrontations. The colonial settlements were raided by the Kru and Grebo from their inland chiefdoms. Because of feeling set apart and superior by their culture and education to the indigenous peoples, the Americo-Liberians developed as a small elite that held on to political power. It excluded the indigenous tribesmen from birthright citizenship in their own lands until 1904, in a repetition of the United States' treatment of Native Americans.[10] Because of ethnocentrism and the cultural gap, the Americo-Liberians envisioned creating a western-style state to which the tribesmen should assimilate. They promoted religious organizations to set up missions and schools to educate the indigenous peoples.

Lincoln supported the idea and it pretty much died with him.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Lincoln supported the idea and it pretty much died with him.

We need to ship off Tranny, Sappy and all of those "genius, highly educated" progtards to Liberia to help teach the locals to run their country!