NFL's new policy on national anthem

Chris0nllyn

NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons to protest racial inequality and police brutality. Those teams also will have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23582533/nfl-owners-approve-new-national-anthem-policy

Political correctness is ruining free speech in America. To fight it, we insist that professional athletes participate in nationalist rituals in the proscribed fashion without expressing any views, to avoid offense. To do otherwise would endorse snowflakes and their safe spaces.
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/999353854574542848

Sapidus

---

Attachments

• IMG_5878.jpg
    IMG_5878.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 129

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Couldn't care less.

It won't get me to waste my time watching NFL.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ha Ha Ha ha. Thats some funny sheit/.
Poor rich babies have to stay in the locker room or stand and respect the flag.

dey be pickin on us rich Foozball players.

He has to play the Race Card. It's the only card he has.

Sapidus

So by and large,,, when are you all going to get up?

Who? Rich white men like myself? We aren’t worried about people expressing their opinion.

It’s mostly lower class whites who are fighting to “keep” their position in society by putting other people down

black dog

Free America
Who? Rich white men like myself? We aren’t worried about people expressing their opinion.

It’s mostly lower class whites who are fighting to “keep” their position in society by putting other people down

Please explain what are, rich white men like yourself?
And who are lower class whoites.... Ahhhhhh asking for a rich friend..

littlelady

God bless the USA
And

Wow, you just made a fool of yourself. In other words, you are not a patriot, and what about all the equality you spout about? I was waiting for this day. You just made any future postings you make on this forum irrelevant. Thank you. And, I forgot to say that I think you are confused, or delusional.

Please define lower class white. I don’t hear white people asking for reparation, or Native Americans; they went through hell, too. All of our ancestors were awesome, courageous, and faced obstacles. The thing about this thing is that so many don’t know history, or current events; for that matter. Are you unaware of the term indentured servant?

What we do know, now, is that you are not Black, so you can get off that bus, hypocrite.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
I dont think anyone has said they cant express an opinion. But just as my employer would fire or otherwise censure me for using airtime they bought to express my political views, so can the NFL. These guys are rich enough to buy all the airtime they want. They can go protest outside police stations all they want. What people object to is them deciding they can hijack something for their own personal political statement.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I dont think anyone has said they cant express an opinion. But just as my employer would fire or otherwise censure me for using airtime they bought to express my political views, so can the NFL. These guys are rich enough to buy all the airtime they want. They can go protest outside police stations all they want. What people object to is them deciding they can hijack something for their own personal political statement.

Exactly. It is an American pastime, like apple pie, baseball, golf, etc. It should not become political.