What Was That Whining And Keening About Pruit - McCabe spent 70k on a Table

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, who was fired for lying under oath, spent $70,000 in taxpayer dollars on a conference table. The FBI also redacted the conference table’s steep price tag from documents that members of the Senate Judiciary Committee requested, in an apparent attempt to hide it from Congress.

In a letter sent to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Wednesday, Sen. Chuck Grassley revealed that the FBI had redacted the cost of the table from a document he and his fellow members of the committee requested to see. Grassley said many of the redactions within the documents made no sense, nor were they made to protect national security secrets.

“Congress, and the public, have a right to know how the Department spends taxpayer money,” Grassley wrote. “I am unaware of any legitimate basis on which the cost of a conference table should be redacted. Embarrassment is not a good enough reason. The manner in which some redactions have been used casts doubt on whether the remaining redactions are necessary and defensible.”

Andrew McCabe Spent $70,000 On A Table. The FBI Hid It From Congress

nutz

Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, who was fired for lying under oath, spent $70,000 in taxpayer dollars on a conference table. The FBI also redacted the conference table’s steep price tag from documents that members of the Senate Judiciary Committee requested, in an apparent attempt to hide it from Congress.

In a letter sent to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Wednesday, Sen. Chuck Grassley revealed that the FBI had redacted the cost of the table from a document he and his fellow members of the committee requested to see. Grassley said many of the redactions within the documents made no sense, nor were they made to protect national security secrets.

“Congress, and the public, have a right to know how the Department spends taxpayer money,” Grassley wrote. “I am unaware of any legitimate basis on which the cost of a conference table should be redacted. Embarrassment is not a good enough reason. The manner in which some redactions have been used casts doubt on whether the remaining redactions are necessary and defensible.”

Andrew McCabe Spent $70,000 On A Table. The FBI Hid It From Congress

I'd like to see a table that cost that much. Think it's on the public tour?

officeguy

I'd like to see a table that cost that much. Think it's on the public tour?

That sounds about right for a table bought by the federal government. At the pentagon, that table would have clocked in at a million. There are multiple entities who have their hand out on every procurement project. Design contractors, a multi-level procurement process and in the end the contract goes to the eastern blackfoot nation (which takes their 50% cut and subcontracts it back to the office furniture company that was at the losing end of the bid).

Hijinx

I don't much care what Mccabe spent for a table. I am concerned that he and others in the FBI are guilty of what they accuse Trump of.

Collusion.

They colluded with each other and with Hillary Clinton to interfere with a duly elected President.
An attempted coup.
They performed their duty as trolls of Obama and not of Law Enforcement Officers who are responsible to see the law is obeyed in a neutral manner.