Gee...who didn't see this coming...Trump cancles summit

transporter

Trump said in a letter to the North Korean leader: “Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it would be inappropriate, at this time, to have this long- planned meeting.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...tunnels-amid-doubts-over-summit-idUSKCN1IP1RY

"Long planned"?? What 3 months???

What a buffoon. Trump already gave away everything when he agreed to the meeting. He legitimized a dictator that no other world leader would recognize.

So for all the ignorati who can't understand why the rest of the world (specifically CHINA!) is laughing at us...here let me explain the GREAT AND WONDEROUS negotiating skills of one Donald Trump:

1. Make demands no one would agree to.

2. When your opponent refuses to submit to the demands he does one of two things:

a. Take anything (no matter how small--like a 25,000 increase in exports of cars to South Korea) the other side offers and claim victory

b. Cancel, call off or ignore the negotiations and blame the other side. (this applies the "Russer" investigation as well)

That is it...that is all he has. Trump is as transparent as a window frame with no glass. Everyone (except the 35% of Americans who blindly follow this carnival barker) sees right thru him.

After almost a year and a half in office, this man is still to stupid to realize the folks on the other side of the table are better at this than he is.

MR47930

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...tunnels-amid-doubts-over-summit-idUSKCN1IP1RY

What a buffoon. Trump already gave away everything when he agreed to the meeting. He legitimized a dictator that no other world leader would recognize.

So for all the ignorati who can't understand why the rest of the world (specifically CHINA!) is laughing at us...here let me explain the GREAT AND WONDEROUS negotiating skills of one Donald Trump:

2. When your opponent refuses to submit to the demands he does one of two things:

a. Take anything (no matter how small--like a 25,000 increase in exports of cars to South Korea) the other side offers and claim victory

b. Cancel, call off or ignore the negotiations and blame the other side. (this applies the "Russer" investigation as well)

That is it...that is all he has. Trump is as transparent as a window frame with no glass. Everyone (except the 35% of Americans who blindly follow this carnival barker) sees right thru him.

After almost a year and a half in office, this man is still to stupid to realize the folks on the other side of the table are better at this than he is.

Just curious, what was your gripe going to be if the summit occurred? I'm sure you would have had something negative to say...
You live a sad miserable life man (or woman, whatever you are).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Yes, we can see that by how much more advanced NK is than the US and how their economy has just shot past us in the last year.

If you're going to be a troll, at least you could be an entertaining one. You completely suck at this.

SamSpade

*PERFECT*.

He took the ball right out of North Korea's hands. It looked like Kim Jong Un was grasping for a reason to blame the United States,
because there's a good chance any motion towards peace would upset his control over the country.

Kim Jong Un was just LOOKING for a way to say, sorry people of NORK, but the United States blew it for everyone with their bellicose behavior.
That military exercise (you know, the one they do every year) - that just PROVES they don't mean business.
No prosperity for you this round - they had to be jerks. So I will tell them to go jerk off.

So - what? TRUMP called it off. Well f***. That blows my strategy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
*PERFECT*.

He took the ball right out of North Korea's hands. .

Exactly my thoughts too.

Tranny is too used to - and too comfortable with - US leaders like his beloved Barry, who were always the tail the dog wagged however and whenever it wanted to.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump Pulls Out Of North Korean Summit. Here's Why It's A Good Move.

By announcing the summit and then painting the negotiation itself as a victory, Trump gave significant leverage to North Korea: it seemed he was invested in the possibility of deal, which meant that North Korea could jerk him around.

Instead, it seems, North Korea miscalculated. They started fulminating about the possibility of nuclear war and cancelling the summit in order to save face, presumably in order to set a harder opening bargaining position.

And Trump simply cancelled.

Unlike President Obama, who would have done anything to forward public negotiations, up to and including compromising the interests of the United States – see the Iran deal, or the Cuban embassy opening – President Trump was happy to walk away from the table. And this will teach the North Koreans that if they want a deal, they’re going to have to make some serious concessions rather than blustering and posturing.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I think Trump made the right call on this one. I like the wording of the letter as well.

Chris0nllyn

South Korea's presidential Blue House seems blind-sided by Trump's cancelation of the summit: "We are attempting to make sense of what, precisely, President Trump means," says spokesman Kim Eui-kyeom.
https://twitter.com/annafifield/status/999659450771259393

Did anyone really think that our defense industries would let there be talks of peace? Did anyone think that with Bolton as Nat. Sec. Adv. that there'd be any talks of peace? The US doesn't want peace in that region.

SK's president wasn't even home 24 hours, and this came out. They had no idea.

Hijinx

What a buffoon. Trump already gave away everything when he agreed to the meeting.

He legitimized a dictator that no other world leader would recognize.

Just to help me past my ignorance---If no one else recognises Kim Jong Un as the leader of N Korea. Who the phuck DO they recognise as the leader there.

China isn't laughing they are preparing to start a war in the South China sea. They have been for years. They want Taiwan.
They want it bad and they know Trump will not stand by and watch it happen like girly Obama would.

IMO Trump was right to cancel the negotiations after Un's outburst, but anyway please tell me what president even got as close to negotiations as Trump did.
I might add that the negotiations may not be over.
Canceling the negotiations is just another part of the game, just as Kim's accusations about the maneuvers that happen every year was.

Funny thing Sarah Sanders said the other day that Schumer and Pelosi would be the last ones Donald trump would go to for advice.
That goes double for you in this forum. Since your advice is not given sanely, but with the mental Trump Derangement Symptoms you carry on your shoulders ever day.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Everything you say here, seems to support him cancelling the summit.. doesn't it??

If he went to the summit we know you'd be in here saying how much a buffoon he is going, and doing EXACTLY what the NORKS want him to.. so this IS the right thing to do, isn't it??

But I would like to know, exactly, what Trump has conceded to the NORKs.. How much money has sent?? How many billions in Humanitarian Aid has he sent?? How many troops have been removed from the South?? What exactly has he given to the NORKs.. other than a big F-U when they threatened us with Nuclear War.. AND insulted our VP??

BOP

https://www.conservativecash.us/winning-trump-pulls-meeting-kim-jong-un-north-koreas-response-says/

North Korea’s vice foreign minister Kim Kye Gwan said the North is open to resolving issues with the United States whenever and however after U.S. President Donald Trump called off a June summit with its leader, Kim Jong Un.

“We had set in high regards President Trump’s efforts, unprecedented by any other president, to create a historic North Korea-U.S. summit,” said the vice foreign minister in a statement released on Friday by the North’s central news agency.

“We tell the United States once more that we are open to resolving problems at any time in any way,” he said.

littlelady

God bless the USA
And Bullcrap. Trump trumped them, and now Kim and his little nuclear roach cronies are scrambling in the light of it all, and losing the poker game.

Last edited: