Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Fire at Wildewood

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    I've seen vapor blow, but the fireball was gone, left behind some burns and charred hair. That car looks it is was "blown up" on a movie set.
    I say movie set because Mythbusters did a couple of shows trying to replicate the explosions seen in movies and the vehicle is damaged but a full on fire was never set.
    Right, so did they put gas cans in the back and leave it in the sun until the pressure had filled the car with vapor? Probably not, because they are trying to replicate stunts showing cars that blew up from crashing. And in the open air, the vapor has very little push, like an M80 laying on concrete. Place that same firecracker in a sealed container........ And of course, once the container was breached, that extra fuel was right there...
    "I aim to misbehave."

The good news is that at 90 he was out and about getting ready to mow his lawn.

I hope he pulls through. Thank God there were courageous bystanders willing to pull him from the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Additional Information: Mr. Oliver had recently purchased gasoline from WaWa to mow his yard, placing the gas container in the trunk of his vehicle. He then stopped at the Bed, Bath & Beyond in California to shop. When he re-entered his vehicle the fumes from the gasoline ignited. Four citizens reacted quickly to extract Mr. Oliver from the burning vehicle and administer first aid. Mr. Oliver was flown to MedStar Washington Burn Center. One citizen was treated at MedStar St. Mary's Hospital for smoke inhalation and one was treated on the scene for minor burns to the arm.

See that bolded part? Yeah, don't do that.

Name:  vehiclefire.JPG
Views: 680
Size:  39.8 KB

Definitely should've purchased gas from Sunoco or Exxon instead.
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Date: 5-24-18
    Time: 1:29 p.m.
    Location / Address: 23415 Three Notch Rd., California, St. Mary's County, Maryland
    Type of Incident: Fire
    Description of Structure / Property: 2016 Hyundai SUV
    Owner / Occupants: Robert Oliver
    Injuries or Deaths: Injuries - Three people sustained injuries - 1 (90 year old male) was flown by Trooper 7 to MedStar Washington Burn Center
    Estimated $ Loss: Structure: $ 15,000.00 Contents: $
    Smoke Alarm Status: N/A
    Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Status: N/A
    Arrests(s): None
    Primary Responding Fire Department: Bay District Volunteer Fire Department
    # of Alarms: 1 # Of Firefighters: 5
    Time to Control: 10 minutes
    Discovered By: Passer-By
    Area of Origin: Interior of Vehicle
    Preliminary Cause: Accidental

Additional Information: Mr. Oliver had recently purchased gasoline from WaWa to mow his yard, placing the gas container in the trunk of his vehicle. He then stopped at the Bed, Bath & Beyond in California to shop. When he re-entered his vehicle the fumes from the gasoline ignited. Four citizens reacted quickly to extract Mr. Oliver from the burning vehicle and administer first aid. Mr. Oliver was flown to MedStar Washington Burn Center. One citizen was treated at MedStar St. Mary's Hospital for smoke inhalation and one was treated on the scene for minor burns to the arm.

See that bolded part? Yeah, don't do that.

Name:  vehiclefire.JPG
Views: 680
Size:  39.8 KB
    Dang. Well i guess i won't be cutting my grass anymore. I don't have a pickup truck to haul it in. Glad he was pulled to safety.

Quote Originally Posted by getbent View Post
    Dang. Well i guess i won't be cutting my grass anymore. I don't have a pickup truck to haul it in. Glad he was pulled to safety.
    thinking the 2nd sentence should have been highlighted, not the first.

Quote Originally Posted by warneckutz View Post
    Definitely should've purchased gas from Sunoco or Exxon instead.
    so funny

Quote Originally Posted by Forkian View Post
    so funny
    I know right!
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by terbear1225 View Post
    thinking the 2nd sentence should have been highlighted, not the first.
    both, but if you do put it in your trunk, keep the car open and maybe do it after sundown.
    Actually in the summer they recommend you pump gas after the sun goes down or early in the morning.
    Maybe also invest in a proper container.

and that sort of explains why the entire car was so engulfed. First the fumes, then the gas in the can until it probably went through the trunk to the tank below. Literally adding fuel to the fire each second it burned.
    Last edited by BernieP; 05-29-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

In the picture it looks like a car that does not have a trunk like a station wagon or crossover suv?
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Blog Entries

Rest In Peace

BREAKING NEWS: The vehicle fire that occurred on May 24, 2018 in the Wildewood Shopping Center located in St. Maryís County.
    Itís with heavy heart we announce that the owner of the vehicle Mr. Robert Oliver, passed away earlier today according to family members.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...58317154336850

Members who have read this thread: 88