Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site keeps losing my cookie

Blog Entries
    Looks like this is fixed. Anybody else still having problems staying logged on?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Looks like this is fixed. Anybody else still having problems staying logged on?
    I use Chrome both on my laptop and phone, and in both cases I will be logged off if I close the browser or have a long period of inactivity.

Another problem is I prefer the full site when accessing the forums from my phone. I can get to the front page but as soon as I do something else, like hit the button for new posts or access an individual forum, it puts me back in mobile site mode.

Blog Entries
    Also the mobile site format doesn't have an option for adding an attachment when posting, even if I click 'go advanced.'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    I use Chrome both on my laptop and phone, and in both cases I will be logged off if I close the browser or have a long period of inactivity.

Another problem is I prefer the full site when accessing the forums from my phone. I can get to the front page but as soon as I do something else, like hit the button for new posts or access an individual forum, it puts me back in mobile site mode.
    Go into your cookies and delete the ones for somd.com (including forums.somd.com). When you log into the site again it should keep you that way.

I have an LG phone with Verizon and Chrome browser, and it keeps me in desktop mode throughout my session. If I haven't gotten onto the forums in several days it makes me re-choose the desktop site. What browser are you using on your phone?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Go into your cookies and delete the ones for somd.com (including forums.somd.com). When you log into the site again it should keep you that way.

I have an LG phone with Verizon and Chrome browser, and it keeps me in desktop mode throughout my session. If I haven't gotten onto the forums in several days it makes me re-choose the desktop site. What browser are you using on your phone?
    I will try deleting the cookies on my laptop when I get home tonight. Hope it works as it is an minor irritant to keep logging back in.

I use Chrome on my Samsung S5 phone and use StraightTalk as my provider.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    I will try deleting the cookies on my laptop when I get home tonight. Hope it works as it is an minor irritant to keep logging back in.

I use Chrome on my Samsung S5 phone and use StraightTalk as my provider.
    I was having very similar issues!

I have a Samsung GalaxpyPro J5, use Straight Talk as my provider... *and I was using the Chrome browser. All of a sudden I was having issues. Finally, I went into Samsung Apps on my phone and found a Samsung browser...that worked like a charm!! No problemos now.

I had to go up to the top of browser and click on the 3 dots on the "pull down" and selected "request desktop site", also, and now it uses the desktop version.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    I was having very similar issues!

I have a Samsung GalaxpyPro J5, use Straight Talk as my provider... *and I was using the Chrome browser. All of a sudden I was having issues. Finally, I went into Samsung Apps on my phone and found a Samsung browser...that worked like a charm!! No problemos now.

I had to go up to the top of browser and click on the 3 dots on the "pull down" and selected "request desktop site", also, and now it uses the desktop version.
    Thanks and that worked!

Members who have read this thread: 33