Thread: Memorial Day Eats?

Memorial Day Eats?

So, it wasn't the greatest weather out there for a picnic, but I'm sure there are lots of you that did the BBQ thing anyway. I decided to cook inside today. Found a rib roast in the freezer yesterday, so that's what I did.

500* for 20 min, then 250* until the oven probe indicated 125*. 15 minutes rest. Perfect. An absolutely perfect medium rare with crispy edges. Lots leftover for french dip sammiches.

What did anyone else do today?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

China Habah.

We were at a cook-out yesterday. Briskets, butts, beans, macaroni & tater salads and vegie trays. :oink:
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Worked 10ish to 5; ate leftovers. Now for a glass of wine and a movie and prepare myself for work again tomorrow.

Though I know a lot of veterans, I cannot say I have ever known anyone that has died in a war. I feel tremendously blessed. And sad for others that have lost family and friends.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Blog Entries
    We're in the middle of a tropical storm but Monello did get out to grill up some burgers and a steak for me. My fasting day has been pushed back to tomorrow because storms make me eat. We've been watching news and TWC all day.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Homemade crabcakes, fresh squash and greenbeans and baked potatoes!!

We had a bunch of my crabcakes on Sunday..along with steaks. Yesterday I did a rubbed brisket on the smoker. Came out good.

My father and his uncle ( my great-uncle) rest in Arlington. Killed 6 years apart, their graves are only a few steps from each other..
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

I had a 3/4 inch think Rib Eye Steak Med Rare
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

I had grilled chicken, and the guys had grilled half smokes with sauerkraut. We also had corn on the cob, and deelicious cucumbers & tomatoes with dill, marinated in a Sicilian lemon herb infused balsamic vinegar. Nice summery dinner.

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    We had a bunch of my crabcakes on Sunday..along with steaks. Yesterday I did a rubbed brisket on the smoker. Came out good.

My father and his uncle ( my great-uncle) rest in Arlington. Killed 6 years apart, their graves are only a few steps from each other..

After lots of great sandwiches and french dips, I put the last of the roast and bones in a pot to boil. End result was some really great beef stock, and the last of the meat, which is now fall apart tender, was vacuum sealed and frozen for stew.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.