Memorial Day Eats?

So, it wasn't the greatest weather out there for a picnic, but I'm sure there are lots of you that did the BBQ thing anyway. I decided to cook inside today. Found a rib roast in the freezer yesterday, so that's what I did.

500* for 20 min, then 250* until the oven probe indicated 125*. 15 minutes rest. Perfect. An absolutely perfect medium rare with crispy edges. Lots leftover for french dip sammiches.

What did anyone else do today?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
China Habah. :lol:

We were at a cook-out yesterday. Briskets, butts, beans, macaroni & tater salads and vegie trays. :eek:ink:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Worked 10ish to 5; ate leftovers. Now for a glass of wine and a movie and prepare myself for work again tomorrow.

Though I know a lot of veterans, I cannot say I have ever known anyone that has died in a war. I feel tremendously blessed. And sad for others that have lost family and friends.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're in the middle of a tropical storm but Monello did get out to grill up some burgers and a steak for me. My fasting day has been pushed back to tomorrow because storms make me eat. We've been watching news and TWC all day.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We had a bunch of my crabcakes on Sunday..along with steaks. Yesterday I did a rubbed brisket on the smoker. Came out good.

My father and his uncle ( my great-uncle) rest in Arlington. Killed 6 years apart, their graves are only a few steps from each other..

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I had grilled chicken, and the guys had grilled half smokes with sauerkraut. We also had corn on the cob, and deelicious cucumbers & tomatoes with dill, marinated in a Sicilian lemon herb infused balsamic vinegar. Nice summery dinner. :yay:

luvmygdaughters

We had a bunch of my crabcakes on Sunday..along with steaks. Yesterday I did a rubbed brisket on the smoker. Came out good.

My father and his uncle ( my great-uncle) rest in Arlington. Killed 6 years apart, their graves are only a few steps from each other..

:patriot: :buddies:

After lots of great sandwiches and french dips, I put the last of the roast and bones in a pot to boil. End result was some really great beef stock, and the last of the meat, which is now fall apart tender, was vacuum sealed and frozen for stew.