CNN sees racism where none exists

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So a woman call the police about a person going into a house with boarded up windows that was used as a drug den in the past. See something, say something. But since the guy doing the breaking in was a protected class individual, this becomes a racist incident.
The headline:
[h=1]A white woman sees a black man inspecting a house and calls the cops. But there's a twist to this incident[/h]

But in the article you see the real truth:
CNN has reached out to the woman, Tiffany Albert, "I'm Spanish," Albert said. "My boyfriend is black. It's nothing racist about it."

Albert said people used the house to do drugs before the city finally boarded it up. She didn't want the boards removed, she said.

more fake news

nutz

So a woman call the police about a person going into a house with boarded up windows that was used as a drug den in the past. See something, say something. But since the guy doing the breaking in was a protected class individual, this becomes a racist incident.
The headline:

But in the article you see the real truth:

more fake news

fake news or sensationalized journalism? I always get the terms confused.

glhs837

Power with Control
Neither, really. Fake news is basically character assasination writ large, while sensationalism doesnt really cover the press's willingness to overlook one entire side of the story to sell a narrative. I would call it heavily slanted at best, propoganda at worst. I look at a lot of foreclosed houses, have even entered a couple that were unlocked. But I would never remove boards to enter one. Thats forced entry, a whole different level than trespassing, I think. I would call the cops on anyone I saw forcing entry into a abandoned home. Seeing someone just walking into an unlocked one, I might wander over and ask whats up. I've had neighbors do that once, and when I asked about what they knew of the house and the conditions, a simple conversation ensued.

Hijinx

Making up a story when there was none.
The situation was handled well until they threatened the lady that called.
The "real estate" investor has the Muvva complex.

She be pickin on me cause I'm black. Anyone who pulls boards off an abandoned crack house should expect a call to the police.
Also Hispanics become white when the media decide to make it a "racist story.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Also Hispanics become white when the media decide to make it a "racist story.

In many studies, including studies on crimes committed, they don't track hispanic. Instead they are included in the caucasian category. As far as skin tone, there is a huge difference from someone from say Spain or Argentina when compared to someone from Brazil or Guinea.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Anybody who cannot pronounce the word 'ask' should expect to not be believed by a sensible person.

BOP

I just watched the video and I was "oh. my. gawd!" Talk about "already has the narrative written, leading the witness to make sure he fills in the details of the narrative correctly." Cheese and crackers. That's sickening to see a so-called news outlet so biased. "Falsely accused"? Lady (and I use that term loosely), you know he wasn't legally accused, don't you? A concerned home-owner witnessing and objecting to his behavior is not the same as "falsely accused" in a court of law. She apparently called about what she perceived as suspicious behavior; she did not intentionally lie about what he was doing.

And did anyone catch Mr. "Axed's" second option, which was to tell the po-po they ain't had no right to question him"? Wait, what? Are you frickin' kidding me!? This. This right here is the mentality. We are so doomed.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I just watched the video and I was "oh. my. gawd!" Talk about "already has the narrative written, leading the witness to make sure he fills in the details of the narrative correctly." Cheese and crackers. That's sickening to see a so-called news outlet so biased. "Falsely accused"? Lady (and I use that term loosely), you know he wasn't legally accused, don't you? A concerned home-owner witnessing and objecting to his behavior is not the same as "falsely accused" in a court of law. She apparently called about what she perceived as suspicious behavior; she did not intentionally lie about what he was doing.

And did anyone catch Mr. "Axed's" second option, which was to tell the po-po they ain't had no right to question him"? Wait, what? Are you frickin' kidding me!? This. This right here is the mentality. We are so doomed.

Hub and I talk every day about how doomed we are, but there is an option. Patriots will not go down without a fight. Bring it.