So I used an online Doctor for the first time Sunday.....

steppinthrax

My son acquired some sort of rash on his face, likely as a result of playing with something he shouldn't have (poison ivy/oak/sumac etc). Anyway I was about to use an urgent care center, however upon never using one in Calvert I contacted them at around 10:00 am to discover they only accept pt at 5pm. Which is weird because Urgent care centers in Baltimore accept pt 24-7.

Anyway when I logged into my insurance company website they gave me the option to use DrOnDemand. You logged in and filled out your issue and submitted it, you saw a doctor across the internet (camera) within like 20 mins. She sent off Rx to my local WalMart pharmacy and my son's rash started to clear up the 2nd day. I'm pretty surprised....

Looks to be an interesting option in the future. Obviously not a full blown replacement for a physical exam or something life threatening.

Chris0nllyn

It is a neat/nice option. I have access to that as well (though never used it). Another option is to head to Dunkirk to CVS's Minute Clinic. It's walk in and generally pretty quick.

steppinthrax

"Hey Doc! I've got this rash on my butt!"

:moon:

That was my thinking. If you had some intimate health matter would you actually show that body part across the net. They also ask for gender and I'm fairly sure they've thought of all these scenarios when forming this product.

They are extremely limited in what they can do. They can order lab work. But they stress they are not a replacement for ongoing health matters.

steppinthrax

You mean fraud on the part of the doctors?

LOL,

My wife work's form home in one of those online scenario's. She's not on camera but in order to work you must login to a special program, you are monitored. Point being, I'd imagine being this is medicine the scrutiny is hardcore. They probably record each 15 min session and do various random reviews.

glhs837

Power with Control
LOL,

My wife work's form home in one of those online scenario's. She's not on camera but in order to work you must login to a special program, you are monitored. Point being, I'd imagine being this is medicine the scrutiny is hardcore. They probably record each 15 min session and do various random reviews.

Yeah, I cant see how fraud would work, as it's by and for the insurance company.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Indeed, why spend an hour or more sitting around for a cold, sore throat .. ear infection ... etc