President Trump signed the "right-to-try” bill

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Wednesday, President Trump signed the "right-to-try” bill, which now permits terminally ill patients to gain access to experimental medical treatments not yet approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

The bill was staunchly supported by Trump and Vice President Pence, along with congressional Republicans. In March 2015, Pence, then governor of Indiana, signed a similar bill into law.

[clip]

Democrats and public health groups have opposed the bill, arguing that patients would be endangered.

Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. (D-NJ), ranking member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said, “FDA oversight of access to experimental treatments exists for a reason — it protects patients from potential snake oil salesmen or from experimental treatments that might do more harm than good.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31262/fighting-life-trump-signs-right-try-bill-hank-berrien

:yay:

Of Course Democrats Objected .... what about CHOICE

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Democrats and public health groups have opposed the bill, arguing that patients would be endangered.

:lmao:

OMG, we certainly can't endanger terminally ill patients with unapproved medical treatments that may help them!

These people, my god. :banghead:

SamSpade

:lmao:

OMG, we certainly can't endanger terminally ill patients with unapproved medical treatments that may help them!

These people, my god. :banghead:

They do however, support the "right to die".

Also end of life counseling, otherwise known as hurry up and die so we can save some money.

Hijinx

Also end of life counseling, otherwise known as hurry up and die so we can save some money.

They hate the death penalty and love the abortion laws.

So is it really strange that they approve of the death pill ,but don't want drugs that may extend life?

SamSpade

They hate the death penalty and love the abortion laws.

So is it really strange that they approve of the death pill ,but don't want drugs that may extend life?

I do sort of "get" opposing the "right to die" because poor legislation can open a wide opportunity for abuse.
Someone not in their right state of mind being declared mentally competent to end their life just so some opportunistic relative
can dodge responsibility or collect a check. I mean, I do get it.

Strangely enough - although that SHOULD be right up the left's alley - defending the innocent and the weak - it's not.
They support it. They support the right to die.

They also support the use of end of life counseling - encouraging seriously ill people to consider dying with dignity.
Again, open to the possibility of abuse - someone who might be saved or have their life extended for a time being
URGED to shuffle off this mortal coil. THAT is right in the left's wheelhouse - but it's not. They support it.

But this? I don't get it. What possible harm could come to someone willing to try something untested, when they are
already going to die?

glhs837

Power with Control
But this? I don't get it. What possible harm could come to someone willing to try something untested, when they are
already going to die?

So, the idea is that this will give rise to a whole slew of modern snake oil salespeople, offering Dr. Feelgoods non-pattened Nostrums to save the terminally ill(From having too much money when they die TM). If/when it doesnt wrrok, well, it was experimental, after all.

Seems pretty easy to attach serious penalties to such activity. Like those proven to proffer cures that not only offered small hope, but indeed no hope at all, they get handed over to Vrai....... May God have mercy on thier souls.....

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I sort of see this as "anti-Alfie Evans" legislation so that the "state" (to include the state, fed and insurance co.) can't tell one how the must be treated.

BOP

I remember how much sh*t they flung at Sarah Palin for pointing out the existence of death panels...all the way up until it came out that she had been correct all along.