Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another victim

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    Anyone driving NB on 235 around 4:30pm yesterday got to experience the aftermath of yet another instance of superior merge/turn lane driving! Another cycle rider did their best Superman impression while driving 60MPH down the lane that is designed and supposed to be used for merging or turning on/off odf 235. NOT A THRU LANE!!

I cringe every time I am at a stand still outside the Deloitte building and I see traffic part to allow people to make that U-turn because I just know some jackass is racing up the merge lane to avoid having to wait. I guess it will take a few more deaths to get our LEOs to actually do something other than cleanup work!
    I travel from the base every day. At least four or five times a week, I will see some douche pull into the right lane, pass all the cars and try to pull back into the through lane. I then see a black and white or state trooper turn their lights on and pull the persons over. What more is it you want law enforcement to do?

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Have you done anything, called anyone, voiced your concerns anywhere except on this forum?
    About half a dozen calls to the Leonardtown County and State barracks. Had my friend ask his friends still active with the state troopers what can be done. State LEO says contact the county. County LEO says they will "look into it." Mmmmm-Kay
    Last edited by MiddleGround; 05-31-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

Wow! Just took a post from your Commander-of-thought in Chief to get you on the anger wagon huh?

I don't know? THEIR JOB??!! Enforce the law?? Ticket or arrest those that break it!!

As glhs mentioned, they could do more with traffic enforcement than just radar. Hell, they could set up for radar and get the other infractions while they are there.

And, your analogy is crap. If my server was directly responsible for cooking the food or setting the prices (as far as I know, the LEO that patrols are directly responsible for enforcing the law) then it might add up.
    I can't ever remember a police officer doing radar enforcement on that roadway during rush hour traffic or any where else during rush hour traffic. You can conflate their running speed enforcement at other times to have something to do with this problem, but I haven't seen it. I have seen them pull people over for the very reason you are describing. If that is the case, I ask again. What more would you have them do?

Quote Originally Posted by tom88 View Post
    I travel from the base every day. At least four or five times a week, I will see some douche pull into the right lane, pass all the cars and try to pull back into the through lane. I then see a black and white or state trooper turn their lights on and pull the persons over. What more is it you want law enforcement to do?
    You see this every time huh?

I drive that route EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have seen 1 time where a LEO has pulled anyone over. It is a rarity to even see a LEO on the 235 during rush hour. (hours being 3:30 to 5:30pm M-F) I have been driving that route for 5 years now.

Scratch that... I do see LEO all the time on that route. WHEN THEY ARE CLEANING UP AFTER AN ACCIDENT!

Quote Originally Posted by tom88 View Post
    I can't ever remember a police officer doing radar enforcement on that roadway during rush hour traffic or any where else during rush hour traffic. You can conflate their running speed enforcement at other times to have something to do with this problem, but I haven't seen it. I have seen them pull people over for the very reason you are describing. If that is the case, I ask again. What more would you have them do?
    Reading comprehension...

If runnign radar is their prime objective (as discussed.. yet missed by you.. in previous posts) then I said they can run it during those times and also look for other violations.

And who is conflating now? Like I said above, I drive that route every damn day (many times a day) and have seen maybe 1 or 2 times where a LEO has had someone pulled over during rush hour! I think you might have enforcement and accident response mixed up

I drive that route EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have seen 1 time where a LEO has pulled anyone over. It is a rarity to even see a LEO on the 235 during rush hour. (hours being 3:30 to 5:30pm M-F) I have been driving that route for 5 years now.

Scratch that... I do see LEO all the time on that route. WHEN THEY ARE CLEANING UP AFTER AN ACCIDENT!
    And I have posted before that I have seen LEO's out there pulling people over for lane running/jumping.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

About half a dozen calls to the Leonardtown County and State barracks. Had my friend ask his friends still active with the state troopers what can be done. State LEO says contact the county. County LEO says they will "look into it." Mmmmm-Kay
    Thank you. You could have just said that instead of the defensive response.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Where did I say I see it every time? I didn't. I said four or five times a week I see a douche being pulled over for this infraction. If you paid attention to law enforcement issues in St. Mary's County, you would know that the highest call volume is between 1600 and 2000 hours. That's calls for service where the law enforcement officers aren't able to be conducting traffic. Try attending a citizens academy or go to a community meeting. You might better educate yourself rather than ranting on an anonymous forum about your incorrect assumptions.

Anyone driving NB on 235 around 4:30pm yesterday got to experience the aftermath of yet another instance of superior merge/turn lane driving! Another cycle rider did their best Superman impression while driving 60MPH down the lane that is designed and supposed to be used for merging or turning on/off odf 235. NOT A THRU LANE!!

I cringe every time I am at a stand still outside the Deloitte building and I see traffic part to allow people to make that U-turn because I just know some jackass is racing up the merge lane to avoid having to wait. I guess it will take a few more deaths to get our LEOs to actually do something other than cleanup work!
    I'm sorry, what part of RIGHT TURN ONLY don't you grasp? No where does it say "Merge". It's a turn ONLY lane (with arrows clearly indicating right turns).
    Thank you and have a pleasant tomorrow.

PS I rarely see someone pull out of one of the driveways and make a complete 90 turn without crossing the solid white line into the right most travel lane.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

One of my good friends is a retired state trooper. The officers were able to camp out wherever they A) were legally allowed to; and B) thought it would garner them the best results.

The "orders" they received for the shift were general service orders (i.e. traffic, patrol, etc.)
    Patrol - that would mean covering mohre than one fixed location / moving within an area.
    Particularly at rush hour, where exactly should they "camp out". It's not like there is a break down lane (shoulder) on 235. Not sure how a business would feel if they blocked their driveway while camping out.

The other problem is perception, how do you know that person isn't turning right at the next driveway? Mind you, it says must turn, what would you say if you were using it as a "merge" lane and were written up? Would you say you were merging.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Members who have read this thread: 144