Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 130

Thread: Yet another victim

  1. #31
    I can only guess that some of you are the very same asshats that use 235 as a race track. Some of your responses are ignorant!

    Quote Originally Posted by tom88 View Post
    Where did I say I see it every time? I didn't. I said four or five times a week I see a douche being pulled over for this infraction. If you paid attention to law enforcement issues in St. Mary's County, you would know that the highest call volume is between 1600 and 2000 hours. That's calls for service where the law enforcement officers aren't able to be conducting traffic. Try attending a citizens academy or go to a community meeting. You might better educate yourself rather than ranting on an anonymous forum about your incorrect assumptions.
    Well then, I guess we should just ignore the problem then. Yep! That's a good excuse to use right there. "We are just too busy!"

    How about you try talking with actual LEO and finding out what the problem is, where it is, and what THEY think needs to be done to fix it. Going to a "citizen's academy" isn't going to fix squat!

    Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    I'm sorry, what part of RIGHT TURN ONLY don't you grasp? No where does it say "Merge". It's a turn ONLY lane (with arrows clearly indicating right turns).
    Thank you and have a pleasant tomorrow.
    This is just ignorant! So then Mr. Iknoweverything.... I guess people moving from side roads like Chancellors or First Colony are screwed then huh? The only thing they can do is make a RIGHT TURN into the next shopping center huh?

    Now, think about how ridiculous this statement is and get back to me


    Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    Patrol - that would mean covering mohre than one fixed location / moving within an area. Particularly at rush hour, where exactly should they "camp out". It's not like there is a break down lane (shoulder) on 235. Not sure how a business would feel if they blocked their driveway while camping out.
    There are plenty of places for LEO to camp out and catch people. They never seem to have a problem doing it for running radar! One good example is the service road behind Chipotle. They could camp right there and ticket those who use that service road to evade the signal light at Chancellors. How about the service road behind the Wawa for those who use that route to do the same?

    Plenty of places to enforce the law!
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

  2. #32
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,658
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    Reading comprehension...

    If runnign radar is their prime objective (as discussed.. yet missed by you.. in previous posts) then I said they can run it during those times and also look for other violations.

    And who is conflating now? Like I said above, I drive that route every damn day (many times a day) and have seen maybe 1 or 2 times where a LEO has had someone pulled over during rush hour! I think you might have enforcement and accident response mixed up

    Ever aimed a camera or otehr thing at moving things and try and se other stuff besides keeping on target? I have, and I'm here to tellya, you can keep the target on, of you can look for other stuff, but you aint really doing both. See my answer to Bernie below for more on why even if you could do both, it wouldnt matter.



    Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    I'm sorry, what part of RIGHT TURN ONLY don't you grasp? No where does it say "Merge". It's a turn ONLY lane (with arrows clearly indicating right turns).
    Thank you and have a pleasant tomorrow.

    PS I rarely see someone pull out of one of the driveways and make a complete 90 turn without crossing the solid white line into the right most travel lane.

    Be realistic, you cant get out of anywhere unless you do use that as a merge. And people NOT using it to speed match traffic is one of the problems, although an annoyance rather than a danger, really.


    Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    Patrol - that would mean covering mohre than one fixed location / moving within an area.
    Particularly at rush hour, where exactly should they "camp out". It's not like there is a break down lane (shoulder) on 235. Not sure how a business would feel if they blocked their driveway while camping out.

    The other problem is perception, how do you know that person isn't turning right at the next driveway? Mind you, it says must turn, what would you say if you were using it as a "merge" lane and were written up? Would you say you were merging.

    Which brings me to my point, unless you are in traffic, it's pretty hard to say whos actually using the lane right and not, becuase to judge that, you really need to see them bypass a lot of turn chances, leave, and then move to reenter. The only ones they usually get are the blatant ones who bypass in parking lots. Lots of them use it to advance, then cut back in before the parking lot. WE all see them, but you can only really see that from in traffic. And if you are a cop embedded in the flow, you would slow things down chasing that guy. Only way is a teo car pinch, one to spot, another ahead to motion the offender out of traffic and keep him there unitl you arrive.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  3. #33
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    How about you try talking with actual LEO and finding out what the problem is, where it is, and what THEY think needs to be done to fix it. Going to a "citizen's academy" isn't going to fix squat!
    I guess you don't really grasp the concept of a citizens academy. Who do you think you are talking to in the law enforcement citizens academy. Firemen? The purpose of the academy is to bring in officers from each division so they can educate the public on what their goals, capabilities, obstacles and needs are. THIS is where you talk to the law enforcement officers.

    I can tell you from doing this rather than sitting here complaining about what they do is one of their biggest hurdles is recruiting. The one fellow said recruiting is tough because of all the negative crap people say when they have no idea what cops do. Hmph.

  4. #34
    Imagine No Democrats Kyle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    14,448
    Quote Originally Posted by tom88 View Post
    I guess you don't really grasp the concept of a citizens academy. Who do you think you are talking to in the law enforcement citizens academy. Firemen? The purpose of the academy is to bring in officers from each division so they can educate the public on what their goals, capabilities, obstacles and needs are. THIS is where you talk to the law enforcement officers.

    I can tell you from doing this rather than sitting here complaining about what they do is one of their biggest hurdles is recruiting. The one fellow said recruiting is tough because of all the negative crap people say when they have no idea what cops do. Hmph.
    I'll put up $5 so MG can afford to equip himself and get started.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l300.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	122908

    Somebody else buy him a ticket book.
    ___________________________________________________________
    "If You Donít Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed." - Mark Twain

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'll put up $5 so MG can afford to equip himself and get started.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l300.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	122908

    Somebody else buy him a ticket book.
    He'd put his eye out with that.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by tom88 View Post
    I guess you don't really grasp the concept of a citizens academy. Who do you think you are talking to in the law enforcement citizens academy. Firemen? The purpose of the academy is to bring in officers from each division so they can educate the public on what their goals, capabilities, obstacles and needs are. THIS is where you talk to the law enforcement officers.

    I can tell you from doing this rather than sitting here complaining about what they do is one of their biggest hurdles is recruiting. The one fellow said recruiting is tough because of all the negative crap people say when they have no idea what cops do. Hmph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'll put up $5 so MG can afford to equip himself and get started.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l300.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	122908

    Somebody else buy him a ticket book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    He'd put his eye out with that.
    Here is to hoping that all of the above get T-boned and flown out. Maybe then you will understand how dangerous these people are instead of making jokes.

    Sometimes, people just need to experience the negative before they realize the gravity of a situation. Kinda like children
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    Here is to hoping that all of the above get T-boned and flown out.
    Gee..that's not very nice.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I'll wait to pass judgement. He is one of my co-workers. Management will update us later today when they receive further word.
    Any update? Although, I'm quite sure your coworker won't admit if they were at fault (racing up the lane) Curious anyways.
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

  9. #39
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    77,617
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    Any update? Although, I'm quite sure your coworker won't admit if they were at fault (racing up the lane) Curious anyways.
    There is. But the only update you will get is that you are an #######.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    There is. But the only update you will get is that you are an #######.
    So, it was exactly as I said. (T-bone accident from racing up the turn/merge lane)

    Hope your work friend is ok
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

Members who have read this thread: 144

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |