Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 128

Thread: Yet another victim

  1. #1

    Yet another victim

    Anyone driving NB on 235 around 4:30pm yesterday got to experience the aftermath of yet another instance of superior merge/turn lane driving! Another cycle rider did their best Superman impression while driving 60MPH down the lane that is designed and supposed to be used for merging or turning on/off odf 235. NOT A THRU LANE!!

    I cringe every time I am at a stand still outside the Deloitte building and I see traffic part to allow people to make that U-turn because I just know some jackass is racing up the merge lane to avoid having to wait. I guess it will take a few more deaths to get our LEOs to actually do something other than cleanup work!
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

  2. #2
    Bird Dog Bird Dog's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    Anyone driving NB on 235 around 4:30pm yesterday got to experience the aftermath of yet another instance of superior merge/turn lane driving! Another cycle rider did their best Superman impression while driving 60MPH down the lane that is designed and supposed to be used for merging or turning on/off odf 235. NOT A THRU LANE!!

    I cringe every time I am at a stand still outside the Deloitte building and I see traffic part to allow people to make that U-turn because I just know some jackass is racing up the merge lane to avoid having to wait. I guess it will take a few more deaths to get our LEOs to actually do something other than cleanup work!
    I don’t travel the 235 corridor very often during rush hour, but when I do I see all kinds of shenanigans to get ahead. Turn lanes as thru lanes, right turns and UB’s, turning around in parking lots etc.
    If you actually do all of this, how much time do you save from Gate 2 to Route 4?
    Just wondering.....use an MPD if you have to.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas.....

    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Beers at Krakken bar with Bird Dog. For all of you who wondered, he's normal.

  3. #3
    I was in that mess yesterday and trying to get to MedExpress when some clown with PTP Training decals all over his truck and an American flag hanging off the backend blocked me from using the right turn lane to get the clinic. I'm sure he thought I was trying to get in front of everyone but is the traffic getting that bad that we have to have lane Nazis? I try to never travel 235 that time of day and typically don't have to.

  4. #4
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    76,531
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    Anyone driving NB on 235 around 4:30pm yesterday got to experience the aftermath of yet another instance of superior merge/turn lane driving! Another cycle rider did their best Superman impression while driving 60MPH down the lane that is designed and supposed to be used for merging or turning on/off odf 235. NOT A THRU LANE!!

    I cringe every time I am at a stand still outside the Deloitte building and I see traffic part to allow people to make that U-turn because I just know some jackass is racing up the merge lane to avoid having to wait. I guess it will take a few more deaths to get our LEOs to actually do something other than cleanup work!
    I'll wait to pass judgement. He is one of my co-workers. Management will update us later today when they receive further word.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  5. #5
    Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    5,206
    Just an FYI, there is a concert in Solomons tomorrow night. I would advise leaving early to anyone who works on the base!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DogWhisperer View Post
    I was in that mess yesterday and trying to get to MedExpress when some clown with PTP Training decals all over his truck and an American flag hanging off the backend blocked me from using the right turn lane to get the clinic. I'm sure he thought I was trying to get in front of everyone but is the traffic getting that bad that we have to have lane Nazis? I try to never travel 235 that time of day and typically don't have to.
    The MedExpress clinic is well north of where the accident occurred. I would guess you are correct about the lane Nazi though. Too many people get into the RIGHT TURN ONLY lane at that intersection only to zoom right through it in order to get ahead of people waiting to line up to go over the bridge.

    On another note, right after getting through the motorcycle accident, I couldn't help but see the older guy in the jean jacket riding the Harley that was doing 60MPH in the turn lane and zoomed right through the RIGHT TURN ONLY intersection by the BAE building. I guess people just don't GAF when they see that someone was just launched off their crotch rocket.
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I'll wait to pass judgement. He is one of my co-workers. Management will update us later today when they receive further word.
    I can understand your position however, there really isn't that much to decypher. It was pretty straight forward. Motorcycle was moving quite quickly up the turn/merge lane and T-boned the black sedan that was trying to make a U-turn. If you look at the dent in the sedan, you can easily see that the bike was moving very fast (even with last second braking)

    I hope your co-worker is Ok.
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

  8. #8
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37,841
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    Anyone driving NB on 235 around 4:30pm yesterday got to experience the aftermath of yet another instance of superior merge/turn lane driving! Another cycle rider did their best Superman impression while driving 60MPH down the lane that is designed and supposed to be used for merging or turning on/off odf 235. NOT A THRU LANE!!

    I cringe every time I am at a stand still outside the Deloitte building and I see traffic part to allow people to make that U-turn because I just know some jackass is racing up the merge lane to avoid having to wait. I guess it will take a few more deaths to get our LEOs to actually do something other than cleanup work!
    I hated working in that building. I needed to travel south when I got off work, but I had to travel north to the light just to find a safe place to turn around. Of course, no one would ever let me over, so I either had to use the right merge/turn lane to the first light (going behind Wawa), or I would have to travel all the way to Hollywood just to make a U-turn. I've seen a few accidents right in front of Deloitte.
    Je suis prest

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    I've seen a few accidents right in front of Deloitte.
    Starting with that motorcycle rider that flew into the woods and died a while back, I have personally seen 4 accidents at that very spot! Always the same story too.

    Every time I see the traffic part to allow someone to make a U-turn, I just look in my side mirror and...
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

  10. #10
    People just don't realize that the shortest distance between two points is not necessarily a straight line. I never use that turn-around. I always go a few feet further to the large turn-around at the BBQ place, or if it's rush hour, up to the next light.

    As I pass the Deloitte u-turn, I take note of the cars waiting. I go down the road, make my u-turn and head back north. Again, as I pass the Deloitte u-turn, I see the same cars still waiting in line to u-turn.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 136

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |