Why I hate taking my vehicle in reason number 54,097456

glhs837

Power with Control
So, the Cherokee has been throwing random failures of the Egine Start/Stop (ESS) system. Once or twice every 4-5 days, start it up, get the icon on the dash, and when you pull up ESS status, it just says "system unavailable". Call for statu, service advisor says it's not gone into the bay yet. Asks if we have jump started the Jep recently, I tell him no, but I did replace the battery maybe six months ago. He then asked me if they had done it, I told him that I had. He then asked me if I had changed the second battery. Second battery? Sure he says, the ESS might overwork your main battery, so there's a second on under the rear pasenger seat. Ha, news to me, becuase I'm pretty sure I would have found any other battery in there, but I didnt dispute him on the phone.

Well, of course, my Jeep does NOT have a second battery, thats the Grand Cherokee. Ahhhhhrrrgggg. And these are the supposed experts.

calvcopf

I can't stand the way most service centers always trying to upsell you on stuff you don't need. "Did you know it's time for a fuel injection cleaning, on sale today for $99.95". This COULD affect they way your car starts (BS).
Or "when was the last time you flushed the power steering fluid" on this almost new vehicle?

glhs837

Power with Control
I can't stand the way most service centers always trying to upsell you on stuff you don't need. "Did you know it's time for a fuel injection cleaning, on sale today for $99.95". This COULD affect they way your car starts (BS).
Or "when was the last time you flushed the power steering fluid" on this almost new vehicle?

I mean, I get that upsells are a part of the game, and if they dont lie, I sort of expect that, and consumers that cant be bothered to educate themselves a tiny little bit about the benfits of a regular blinker fluid replacement schedule I cant be bothered to get too upset over. Just get tired of "the customer is assumed to be an idiot and I can spew whatever BS that comes to mind" attitude. He knew which flavor of Cherokee one he was talking about, he was looking at the work order as we spoke.

calvcopf

I mean, I get that upsells are a part of the game, and if they dont lie, I sort of expect that, and consumers that cant be bothered to educate themselves a tiny little bit about the benfits of a regular blinker fluid replacement schedule I cant be bothered to get too upset over. Just get tired of "the customer is assumed to be an idiot and I can spew whatever BS that comes to mind" attitude. He knew which flavor of Cherokee one he was talking about, he was looking at the work order as we spoke.

yep, I smell what you're steppin in...