Did Michelle Obama lobby ABC TV’s president to fire Roseanne?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There are many angles to the this week’s Roseanne Barr controversy, but this one caught my attention: On Tuesday afternoon, about twelve hours after Roseanne tweeted and quickly deleted her comments about Valerie Jarrett that almost instantly eviscerated her TV career, a Twitter user name Josh Cornett tweeted this:

BREAKING: According to sources ABC President Channing Dungey had a long conversation via phone with former First Lady Michelle Obama before deciding to cancel the Roseanne show. Michelle Obama was reportedly enraged and insisted an apology was inadequate......developing pic.twitter.com/ISgrA6oC7F
— Josh Cornett (@therealcornett) May 29, 2018

[clip]

Early Thursday morning, I sent Cornett a direct message on Twitter. I asked him if he could clarify his unnamed source(s) for his tweet claiming that Michelle Obama had called ABC TV president Channing Dungey and demanded that Roseanne be fired. He replied a few hours later and, as I expected, he declined to identify a source.

Can't tell you the source, but I stand by it and put my name on it. The Obamas’ ire directed at Roseanne dates back several days before the infamous "Tweet." Apparently they were outraged about Roseanne ridiculing their Netflix deal and it snowballed from there. SEVERAL PHONE CALLS were made.

So, according to Cornett, the plot had thickened: “Several phone calls were made.” I asked if these additional phone calls came before or after Roseanne’s infamous May 29 tweet.

The majority of the calls were before the VJ [Valerie Jarrett] tweet, they were addressing concerns over Roseanne's Netflix tweets. Can't confirm to who or by who. . . word of these calls may have actually been the inspiration for Roseanne's VJ tweets. Did VJ make the Netflix calls? The firing conversation was definitely between MO [Michelle Obama] and Channing.

Did Michelle Obama successfully lobby ABC TV’s president to fire Roseanne?

well this goes beyond apey looking VJ

Hijinx

There are many angles to the this week’s Roseanne Barr controversy, but this one caught my attention: On Tuesday afternoon, about twelve hours after Roseanne tweeted and quickly deleted her comments about Valerie Jarrett that almost instantly eviscerated her TV career, a Twitter user name Josh Cornett tweeted this:

BREAKING: According to sources ABC President Channing Dungey had a long conversation via phone with former First Lady Michelle Obama before deciding to cancel the Roseanne show. Michelle Obama was reportedly enraged and insisted an apology was inadequate......developing pic.twitter.com/ISgrA6oC7F
— Josh Cornett (@therealcornett) May 29, 2018

[clip]

Early Thursday morning, I sent Cornett a direct message on Twitter. I asked him if he could clarify his unnamed source(s) for his tweet claiming that Michelle Obama had called ABC TV president Channing Dungey and demanded that Roseanne be fired. He replied a few hours later and, as I expected, he declined to identify a source.

Can't tell you the source, but I stand by it and put my name on it. The Obamas’ ire directed at Roseanne dates back several days before the infamous "Tweet." Apparently they were outraged about Roseanne ridiculing their Netflix deal and it snowballed from there. SEVERAL PHONE CALLS were made.

So, according to Cornett, the plot had thickened: “Several phone calls were made.” I asked if these additional phone calls came before or after Roseanne’s infamous May 29 tweet.

The majority of the calls were before the VJ [Valerie Jarrett] tweet, they were addressing concerns over Roseanne's Netflix tweets. Can't confirm to who or by who. . . word of these calls may have actually been the inspiration for Roseanne's VJ tweets. Did VJ make the Netflix calls? The firing conversation was definitely between MO [Michelle Obama] and Channing.

Did Michelle Obama successfully lobby ABC TV’s president to fire Roseanne?

well this goes beyond apey looking VJ

Sounds like a lot more than lobbying, sounds like she ordered him to fire Roseanne.

Of course that is assuming the rumor is true.

If Michelle did make the call Valerie was behind it, she makes all of their decisions.
Has done so from the start. She is the Muslim behind the Muslim.

Midnightrider

I seriously doubt any9ne had to lobby Channing to can Roseanne.

6E59E763-7F60-41E1-8FBB-6819B838F738.jpg

Hijinx

Are you saying sistas are vindictive? How racist of you...

I would like to thank Midnight for that post.
It certainly clarified things for me.
I understand now why Roseanne was fired.

Now personally I haven't had any use for Roseanne since she scratched herself singing the Star Spangled Banner, and never watched her show.
But knowing the boss, how could she be that stupid.

Midnightrider

I would like to thank Midnight for that post.
It certainly clarified things for me.
I understand now why Roseanne was fired.

Now personally I haven't had any use for Roseanne since she scratched herself singing the Star Spangled Banner, and never watched her show.
But knowing the boss, how could she be that stupid.
And from what I understand, Channing was one of the shows biggest supporters prior to Roseanne’s comments.

Roseanne was stupid.

SamSpade

And from what I understand, Channing was one of the shows biggest supporters prior to Roseanne’s comments.

Roseanne was stupid.

Tom Arnold - her ex-husband - thinks she was TRYING to get fired, because she was just tired of doing the show again.
He says her Tweets were progressively more and more provocative on purpose.

Who knows? The bad singing of the national anthem and crotch grab kind of turned me off of Roseanne.