Female Recruits

mAlice

professional daydreamer
should be required to have their heads shaved, just like the men, when starting basic training.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
emma-gonzales-750-1_0.jpg

This_person

should be required to have their heads shaved, just like the men, when starting basic training.

Not to mention, they should have to register for Selective Service, meet the same physical performance requirements (other than body fat), and have the exact same promotion score required to promote as their male counterparts.

black dog

Free America

Because at Marine basic, everything is taken away from you Including your hair.
Men all start at the same level. You earn everything back Including your hair.
Once a man becomes a Marine he has the option of up to 3" of his hair on top of his head. And if a man s MOS demands his head has a #1 haircut a woman in the MOS should have the same. Not rolled up in a tight bun on the back of her head.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ok. Not arguing with the sentiment, more wondering at the context of it.

Just came across a pic of recruits. Men had their heads shaved, women still had hair. Either a bob, above the collar, or a bun. I'm sick of the "equal but not equal" crap. You want to live in a mans world, then man up.

Hijinx

Just came across a pic of recruits. Men had their heads shaved, women still had hair. Either a bob, above the collar, or a bun. I'm sick of the "equal but not equal" crap. You want to live in a mans world, then man up.

They don't belong serving with men to begin with. But the world has changed and anything goes.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:ohwell:

I don't have a problem with the equality in recruits and women having to perform the same as men do.

I have a problem with the hair requirement, though. I think women and men ARE different. A bob or a bun on a woman serves the same purpose as short hair on a man, although, I'd do away with the bun, to be honest. I don't think a bun is practical at ALL in boot camp. (FTR, I personally thought it was stupid to have women on board ships, too, but was never my call. )

I would want to keep my hair. :drama:

I don't have a problem with the equality in recruits and women having to perform the same as men do.

I have a problem with the hair requirement, though. I think women and men ARE different. A bob or a bun on a woman serves the same purpose as short hair on a man, although, I'd do away with the bun, to be honest. I don't think a bun is practical at ALL in boot camp. (FTR, I personally thought it was stupid to have women on board ships, too, but was never my call. )

The guys don't get to request a "short buzz" they have to skin. I agree the females should too.... oh, and the 'X' genders as well.

terbear1225

personally, I would think the bob would be a bigger issue than a bun. At least that's been my experience, it was a pain in the butt to keep my hair out of my face when it was cut short. Much easier to keep it back and not a nuisance when it's long enough for a bun.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The guys don't get to request a "short buzz" they have to skin. I agree the females should too.... oh, and the 'X' genders as well.

I doubt the guys want to keep their hair.

I get that. :lol: I should have left my personal preference thoughts out. The drama smilie was supposed to convey the humor. :ohwell:

I still think that the sexes are different with regard to haircuts.:shrug: I think the bob or short cut is acceptable for females, while I feel the bun is not practical.

Heck, just let the men and women (or Xs) all decide if they want a buzz or above the chin cuts. :yay:
I

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I still think that the sexes are different with regard to haircuts.:shrug:

Seriously? Men and women are completely different. Back in the day (way back) women supported war efforts and men going off to war from the home front. Then they wanted to get a little closer to the action, and started worming their way into everything until they were allowed to serve as active duty. That wasn't enough. Then they wanted to do all the he-man jobs that men do, so physical requirements were adjusted for women. You can do what he does if you pass a less rigorous test. Then they wanted to go to sea, or be part of special forces.

Now, I'm not saying that there's not a he-man woman or two in the armed forces, but the majority of women in the armed forces should stick to medical or administrative work. I don't care what anyone says, the armed forces is a mans world. If you want to be part of it, man up. Don't ask for special privileges. If you can't qualify without having the rules changed for you, then you just don't qualify. Equal. Same same.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
To the contrary, I think men should be allowed to let their hair grow as much as they want. :shrug:

In a day and age where Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear weapon deployment is only a mouse click away the ability for troops to protect themselves quickly is an important consideration. Long hair can easily tangle with the straps of most NBC protection gear, which can result in fatal delays getting the equipment on and properly sealed. It can also get caught in moving parts on military machinery, which can lead to injuries up to and including impromptu scalping.