Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going, going, going... and still going...

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Regency bought Raley's a year ago February.
    Any rumors about Regency opening here?
    Sales clerk said last week Regency would be moving in but possibly keeping the Raley's name. We bought from them 2 weeks ago and the Regency van delivered it. She also said the new owner may be opening an Ashley Furniture next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Regency bought Raley's a year ago February.
    Any rumors about Regency opening here?
    Why?

First, I've not heard anything good about Regency, except they are low cost (cheap).
    But so is the quality of their merchandise. My understanding is they sell only their branded products.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Regency and Ashley are the McDonalds and Burger King of furniture. Just the place to go if you want fiberboard-core, plastic-film-laminate "wood" furniture. Of course, given the site in downtown Lex Park, it's not surprising; their target demographic lives all around that store location. From my perspective, just a waste of storefront.

So no thanks; I'll keep patronizing the local Amish craftsmen for custom built and solid wood heirloom-quality furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhawk View Post
    So no thanks; I'll keep patronizing the local Amish craftsmen for custom built and solid wood heirloom-quality furniture.
    My parents bought solid maple furniture from a reputable outfit in Connecticut (Cushman) back in the 50s. I just dropped off the whole set at Schoenbauer for repairs (glued seams finally gave out) and refinishing. When I get it back, it will be good for another 50 years.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    My asking about Regency was general interest, have all the furniture and furnishing we need.
    May replace the couch one of these years, but no time soon.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhawk View Post
    Regency.
    We bought a solid cherry wood bedroom set from them about 5 years ago.
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    It took Thompson's forever, but they finally did it. And the building is still vacant.
    I used to think - if that old building could even be salvaged - that that location would be a perfect place for a dance club.

That whole area is such great real estate - no one ever wants the land where the putt-putt and the golf range were?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I used to think - if that old building could even be salvaged - that that location would be a perfect place for a dance club.

That whole area is such great real estate - no one ever wants the land where the putt-putt and the golf range were?
    At one time, there was talk about putting condos back there, but I don't think that the sewer was able to accommodate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Blob's Park Southern Dance Hall?
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    You have a psychiatric disorder. Get help.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Blob's Park Southern Dance Hall?
    Wasn't thinking of polka dancing......
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Members who have read this thread: 98