Going, going, going... and still going...

Goldenhawk

raleys.jpg
Yeah, Raleys. I've lived here a few decades, and I can't remember a time when they were NOT "closing soon" or "going out of business."

Sorry, but such sales tactics make me avoid a store.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It took Thompson's forever, but they finally did it. And the building is still vacant.

Years..as I recall. We bought furniture there twice over a couple years and the "Closing" sale went on for a long time after that!

I wish our new house was done...Raley's has - or had - some nice pieces.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Years..as I recall. We bought furniture there twice over a couple years and the "Closing" sale went on for a long time after that!

I wish our new house was done...Raley's has - or had - some nice pieces.

They may be open for awhile. :yay:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Regency bought Raley's a year ago February.
Any rumors about Regency opening here?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I have seen those cars going up and down 235 for some time and, strangely enough, always in a single file line of three. :confused:

PeoplesElbow

Raley's building is part way torn down, pretty sure they are serious.

One tactic furnature stores elsewhere do is a "Going out for business" sale, most people read that as 'Going out of business sale"

Boxdyn

Sales clerk said last week Regency would be moving in but possibly keeping the Raley's name. We bought from them 2 weeks ago and the Regency van delivered it. She also said the new owner may be opening an Ashley Furniture next to it.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Why?

First, I've not heard anything good about Regency, except they are low cost (cheap).
But so is the quality of their merchandise. My understanding is they sell only their branded products.

Goldenhawk

Regency and Ashley are the McDonalds and Burger King of furniture. Just the place to go if you want fiberboard-core, plastic-film-laminate "wood" furniture. Of course, given the site in downtown Lex Park, it's not surprising; their target demographic lives all around that store location. From my perspective, just a waste of storefront.

So no thanks; I'll keep patronizing the local Amish craftsmen for custom built and solid wood heirloom-quality furniture.

So no thanks; I'll keep patronizing the local Amish craftsmen for custom built and solid wood heirloom-quality furniture.

My parents bought solid maple furniture from a reputable outfit in Connecticut (Cushman) back in the 50s. I just dropped off the whole set at Schoenbauer for repairs (glued seams finally gave out) and refinishing. When I get it back, it will be good for another 50 years.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My asking about Regency was general interest, have all the furniture and furnishing we need.
May replace the couch one of these years, but no time soon.

SamSpade

It took Thompson's forever, but they finally did it. And the building is still vacant.

I used to think - if that old building could even be salvaged - that that location would be a perfect place for a dance club.

That whole area is such great real estate - no one ever wants the land where the putt-putt and the golf range were?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I used to think - if that old building could even be salvaged - that that location would be a perfect place for a dance club.

That whole area is such great real estate - no one ever wants the land where the putt-putt and the golf range were?

At one time, there was talk about putting condos back there, but I don't think that the sewer was able to accommodate that.