Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Mobile, AL!

Blog Entries
    Here are a few pictures of this place. It leans more towards bed and breakfast than it does a campground.

This is the laundry room and bathhouse. Lots of flowers lend a very cozy vibe to it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9576.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	122934

1 of the pavillions near the pool

Name:	DSCF9577.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	122935

The pool

Name:	DSCF9579.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	122936

Bath house sink and mirror. Repurposed window. Sink bowl is good quality. It's hard to get a good picture with not much room to work with.

Name:	DSCF9580.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	122938

Main street

Name:	DSCF9583.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	122939
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    War = Peace
    Freedom = Slavery
    Diversity = Strength

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.

Knowing Monello is an avid fisherman, the tarpon is the official state saltwater fish. Good eats. And, I know y’all like to mix with the locals. Dauphin Street is where y’all will find that ambience.

Blog Entries
    We took a ride down to Dauphin Island yesterday. It's where you'd vacation to *really* get away from everything. There's no big commercial area, just a couple of restaurants dotted around. The closest grocery store is on the mainland, about 10 miles away. Reminded me of OBX. If you vacationed at DI, you would likely stay in one of the many beach cottages that line the shore and are quite reasonably priced:

Name:	DSCN5682.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	122946

We have a favorable impression of LA (that's "lower Alabama", ya'll) and the people who live here. Today we're going to downtown Mobile for a festival.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

We have a favorable impression of LA (that's "lower Alabama", ya'll) and the people who live here. Today we're going to downtown Mobile for a festival.
    Us from UA ain't so bad neither. ;-p
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh, SO cute!

We went to Mardi Gras Park in downtown Mobile for their Go Mobile festival. The fest itself wasn't all that - except for the fancy popsicles that I've become addicted to - and it was hotter than blazing hell today. I have never sweated so much for such as prolonged a period.

But we walked down Dauphin St., which is their "come drink and eat" street. Found Alchemy bar, which couldn't be any cuter. And now dinner is ready so I'll come back to this....
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Oh my gosh, SO cute!

We went to Mardi Gras Park in downtown Mobile for their Go Mobile festival. The fest itself wasn't all that - except for the fancy popsicles that I've become addicted to - and it was hotter than blazing hell today. I have never sweated so much for such as prolonged a period.

But we walked down Dauphin St., which is their "come drink and eat" street. Found Alchemy bar, which couldn't be any cuter. And now dinner is ready so I'll come back to this....

Blog Entries
    So anyway, it annoys me that my alcohol capacity has gone so far down. So many cute little bars, so few beers I can drink in a time period. And so many wonderful craft beers! Today at our first stop I had two Sierra Nevada unfiltered pilsners. I normally snub a pilsner because they're boring, but this one had some ass to it. Quite tasty, yet still light and refreshing. Second stop - the illustrious Alchemy bar - was two vanilla somethings that the bartender recommended. The aroma of a baked good, but it was light and low ABV. On the way home we stopped at Rouses Market and I thought I needed a six of Lazy Magnolia's Southern Pecan beer. By sheer force of will I drank one with dinner and am completely done. I used to be able to kill a six and still do rocket surgery.

Anyway, Mobile is a great little city - although hotter than hell.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

So anyway, it annoys me that my alcohol capacity has gone so far down. So many cute little bars, so few beers I can drink in a time period. And so many wonderful craft beers! Today at our first stop I had two Sierra Nevada unfiltered pilsners. I normally snub a pilsner because they're boring, but this one had some ass to it. Quite tasty, yet still light and refreshing. Second stop - the illustrious Alchemy bar - was two vanilla somethings that the bartender recommended. The aroma of a baked good, but it was light and low ABV. On the way home we stopped at Rouses Market and I thought I needed a six of Lazy Magnolia's Southern Pecan beer. By sheer force of will I drank one with dinner and am completely done. I used to be able to kill a six and still do rocket surgery.

Anyway, Mobile is a great little city - although hotter than hell.

Maybe it's the heat?

That pecan beer sounds yum!

Blog Entries
    The campground

War = Peace
    Freedom = Slavery
    Diversity = Strength

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.

This place looks like another really awesome find! KUDOS to Vrai for her talent in finding these spots! (We really loved our stay at the place in PCB when we visited!)

Members who have read this thread: 49