Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Greetings from Mobile, AL!

Have you two ever read the magazine Garden & Gun? It not only has a few good recipes in it it for meat and fish. But it also usually has a few shorts about local good restaurants and their chefs all over that South. It has directed me to many a great meal in towns where I have no idea where to eat..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Have you two ever read the magazine Garden & Gun? It not only has a few good recipes in it it for meat and fish. But it also usually has a few shorts about local good restaurants and their chefs all over that South. It has directed me to many a great meal in towns where I have no idea where to eat..
    I've never heard of that magazine. We find that servers & bartenders are great sources of local info. Plus the internet has more than enough pages of where to go and what to do.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

Blog Entries
    Fairhope, AL - really cute downtown, lots of shops and eateries. We went to the pier and had mini lunch at Shux - split a cup of tasty gumbo, a cup of mediocre clam chowder, and an order of outstanding crawfish balls. The balls were cheesy with chunks of crawdad, breaded and deep fried, served with marinara. YUM!

Then we went to Bluegill, which is my new favorite place in Alabama. It's a roadhouse/fish camp on the bayou with tons of personality. We had second lunch of flaming oysters (oysters flame grilled with cheese and butter, the way they do at Acme Oyster House in New Orleans) and fresh made pork rinds. I would call Bluegill a "most go" if you're in the Mobile area. It's exactly the type of restaurant we're always looking for wherever we go.

Today is our last day and while we're looking forward to Baton Rouge I'm going to miss Mobile and this campground. It's not gorgeous like Emerald Coast but it's small town bayou charming and the people are really nice.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Fairhope, AL - really cute downtown, lots of shops and eateries. We went to the pier and had mini lunch at Shux - split a cup of tasty gumbo, a cup of mediocre clam chowder, and an order of outstanding crawfish balls. The balls were cheesy with chunks of crawdad, breaded and deep fried, served with marinara. YUM!

Then we went to Bluegill, which is my new favorite place in Alabama. It's a roadhouse/fish camp on the bayou with tons of personality. We had second lunch of flaming oysters (oysters flame grilled with cheese and butter, the way they do at Acme Oyster House in New Orleans) and fresh made pork rinds. I would call Bluegill a "most go" if you're in the Mobile area. It's exactly the type of restaurant we're always looking for wherever we go.

Today is our last day and while we're looking forward to Baton Rouge I'm going to miss Mobile and this campground. It's not gorgeous like Emerald Coast but it's small town bayou charming and the people are really nice.
    I
    Foxhound really loved those grilled oysters he had when we were in New Orleans. We went with my aunt & uncle and we think it was Acme Oyster House. Will have to check out pix of the place.

Members who have read this thread: 49