Air Expo 2018

Goldenhawk

There have been a series of loud booms from the direction of the base (I live a few miles away). I guess they are blowing up the explosives they usually use to simulate bomb runs from the warbirds. Thought it was thunder at first, but the radar doesn’t show any cells overhead right now.

The base Facebook page says the afternoon air routines have been cancelled.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I went yesterday with a friend and had a great time! I got VIP tickets through my company and it was nice to have premo seating, free food and drinks, plus a goodie bag with sunglasses, sunscreen, a cozie, and other items. :yay: The only small drawback was the Blue Angels show was cut a little short because of an approaching storm. But we got back to my car before the rain started, and just waited it and the traffic gridlock out in dry and air-conditioned comfort. :lol:

I went yesterday with a friend and had a great time! I got VIP tickets through my company and it was nice to have premo seating, free food and drinks, plus a goodie bag with sunglasses, sunscreen, a cozie, and other items. :yay: The only small drawback was the Blue Angels show was cut a little short because of an approaching storm. But we got back to my car before the rain started, and just waited it and the traffic gridlock out in dry and air-conditioned comfort. :lol:

I remember the days when my company had VIP accommodations. It was always a good time.

But for some reason, I just wasn't into the show this year. I was happy to watch them fly over my house during practice and on Saturday's show.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I remember the days when my company had VIP accommodations. It was always a good time.

But for some reason, I just wasn't into the show this year. I was happy to watch them fly over my house during practice and on Saturday's show.

We were watching them from our deck Friday and yesterday.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

I hadn't been to the show in many years because of the crowds. VIP was so nice and we had a perfect view of the field without the masses.

A few pics:

20180602_151850.jpg

20180602_151443.jpg

20180602_120713.jpg

20180602_133736.jpg

BernieP

Resident PIA

must be nice, the companies I worked for may have had VIP seating but it was not made available to use workers.
Now I get to stand in the sun if I care to see, never been a guest of a VIP, don't have friends in high enough places, I just work there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Banana was there in VIP, too!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Had the Blue Angels down on May 11-13 at the Macdill AFB show, including the F-22 Raptor - first time I have ever seen it fly and it is very impressive. Also the A-10 (my favorite), Mig 17, F-15, and lots more. Great weather, but the best part is that I went down Friday about 1130 when they have the complete run through "practice" show with only base personnell on the flight line. Really nice dealing with just a few thousand folk vs 250 - 300,000 on Sat and Sun. That retired ID comes in handy a lot.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
must be nice, the companies I worked for may have had VIP seating but it was not made available to use workers.
Now I get to stand in the sun if I care to see, never been a guest of a VIP, don't have friends in high enough places, I just work there.

To be clear, my company had a lottery drawing for the VIP access and I was fortunate enough to be selected. Believe me, I don't rank high enough to get in otherwise. :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Thing2 went with a buddy of his. We were thinking of going but I was under the weather with the beginning of a sinus infection. :ohwell:

Thing2 said they had a pretty good airshow, overall, and he got some good pictures. It had been quite a few years since he had gone, and he said he thought the static displays of planes, the various vendors that used to set up, etc. were much less than in the past.

awpitt

Main Streeter
We went to the show on Saturday. Weather was perfect. We had VIP tickets in the Blue Angles' guest seating area. Glad we didn't chance it and wait for Sunday.