Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Expo 2018

Air Expo 2018

No airshow thread? Guessing with the rain and all its a pretty low gate.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

There have been a series of loud booms from the direction of the base (I live a few miles away). I guess they are blowing up the explosives they usually use to simulate bomb runs from the warbirds. Thought it was thunder at first, but the radar doesn’t show any cells overhead right now.

The base Facebook page says the afternoon air routines have been cancelled.

Blog Entries
    I went yesterday with a friend and had a great time! I got VIP tickets through my company and it was nice to have premo seating, free food and drinks, plus a goodie bag with sunglasses, sunscreen, a cozie, and other items. The only small drawback was the Blue Angels show was cut a little short because of an approaching storm. But we got back to my car before the rain started, and just waited it and the traffic gridlock out in dry and air-conditioned comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    I went yesterday with a friend and had a great time! I got VIP tickets through my company and it was nice to have premo seating, free food and drinks, plus a goodie bag with sunglasses, sunscreen, a cozie, and other items. The only small drawback was the Blue Angels show was cut a little short because of an approaching storm. But we got back to my car before the rain started, and just waited it and the traffic gridlock out in dry and air-conditioned comfort.
    I remember the days when my company had VIP accommodations. It was always a good time.

But for some reason, I just wasn't into the show this year. I was happy to watch them fly over my house during practice and on Saturday's show.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I remember the days when my company had VIP accommodations. It was always a good time.

But for some reason, I just wasn't into the show this year. I was happy to watch them fly over my house during practice and on Saturday's show.
    We were watching them from our deck Friday and yesterday.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Blog Entries

I hadn't been to the show in many years because of the crowds. VIP was so nice and we had a perfect view of the field without the masses.

A few pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180602_151850.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	122953

Name:	20180602_151443.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	122954

Name:	20180602_120713.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	122955

Name:	20180602_133736.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	122956

must be nice, the companies I worked for may have had VIP seating but it was not made available to use workers.
    Now I get to stand in the sun if I care to see, never been a guest of a VIP, don't have friends in high enough places, I just work there.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    Banana was there in VIP, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Had the Blue Angels down on May 11-13 at the Macdill AFB show, including the F-22 Raptor - first time I have ever seen it fly and it is very impressive. Also the A-10 (my favorite), Mig 17, F-15, and lots more. Great weather, but the best part is that I went down Friday about 1130 when they have the complete run through "practice" show with only base personnell on the flight line. Really nice dealing with just a few thousand folk vs 250 - 300,000 on Sat and Sun. That retired ID comes in handy a lot.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Banana was there in VIP, too!
    Banana?

Members who have read this thread: 90