Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garbage/trash services you'd recommend?

Blog Entries
    I live in Calvert and use Ambers, as well. They were recommended by and took over for Ace Hauling, when the owner was unable to continue in the business. We really loved Ace.

We pay $75.00 every quarter and they pick up every Thursday.

On a related note, is there a service here that hauls junk away - like two heavy pieces of furniture that simply aren't nice enough to donate? I keep thinking I've seen a flyer or something that says we haul junk but I can't remember where I saw it. Saint Mary's county area. Thanks.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    When I first signed up with Evergreen, my pick up was Mon & Thu. About a year ago, they moved it to Tuesday & Friday so now I don't have to deal with the Monday holiday issue.
    We are still on Mon - Thurs with Evergreen. It's a rare week when we have enough trash for both days, since it's just Anita, me and the cats 99% of the time.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

We used to haul directly to the landfill down MD-5 between Waldorf and Bryantown when I lived in Waldorf. Was easy enough with a pickup truck and I was going every so often anyhow due to house projects. At some point, they changed up their pricing. I THINK (as it's been a few years) that I paid by the ton and their set rate but then they changed it to some ridiculously high flat rate. Or maybe it was vice versa. Either way, it was such an extreme change that it actually became cost prohibitive to continue.

We then started with Waste Management. Paid for 1-2 years or service to take advantage of their pre-pay discount. After year 1, they started to bill us quarterly and despite calling them to correct, they sent us to collections and ultimately suspended service. We finally had enough and cancelled. It took another year to get our balance paid. One of those things where "You have 3 days to pay us or risk collection" vs. " We will need 6 months to issue any credits due to you" kind of things. Typical big corporation.

Went with Evergreen. Got several people on the block to switch at the same time and they cut us all a good deal for service. Was very happy with them.

All's I can say is if you live near Mechanicsville do not use Blind Hitchcock's Trash Takers. I'm not even sure if they are in business anymore but one time my grandma used them because some "people" from her "church" recommended them and said they was awesome. They was not awesome at all. First, they showed up at 4am and dismantled my grandma's vegetable organizer. Then they sat around until 6 am smoking cigarettes until they burned down my grandma's dogwood tree. When my grandma woke up and saw what they did she nearly kicked the screen door off the hinges and grabbed the guy who looked like the leader by the throat and flipped him backwards off the deck. Some of them guys ran and one of them nearly ripped his leg off when he got it stuck in the stair rail and kept trying to claw his way out of there. That leader guy got up in a daze and my grandma nearly kicked his head off before he could get away. I never saw her get so mad except when that doctor told her that three of her toes was dead and there wasn't no point in leaving them on there any more. Anyways, them guys left so fast they forgot 2 crow bars, a bundle of rope, and a box of dynamites. She was so glad she didn't pay them guys up front and she told them "church people" all about it so all they prayed really hard against those guys for about three weeks straight. She tried to call them about a year later to see if they had any more of them dynamites but their phone was disconnected. I'm pretty sure they was all blind except the guy who was driving the truck if that helps in case they moved and changed their name or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by RodRugg View Post
    All's I can say is if you live near Mechanicsville do not use Blind Hitchcock's Trash Takers. I'm not even sure if they are in business anymore but one time my grandma used them because some "people" from her "church" recommended them and said they was awesome. They was not awesome at all. First, they showed up at 4am and dismantled my grandma's vegetable organizer. Then they sat around until 6 am smoking cigarettes until they burned down my grandma's dogwood tree. When my grandma woke up and saw what they did she nearly kicked the screen door off the hinges and grabbed the guy who looked like the leader by the throat and flipped him backwards off the deck. Some of them guys ran and one of them nearly ripped his leg off when he got it stuck in the stair rail and kept trying to claw his way out of there. That leader guy got up in a daze and my grandma nearly kicked his head off before he could get away. I never saw her get so mad except when that doctor told her that three of her toes was dead and there wasn't no point in leaving them on there any more. Anyways, them guys left so fast they forgot 2 crow bars, a bundle of rope, and a box of dynamites. She was so glad she didn't pay them guys up front and she told them "church people" all about it so all they prayed really hard against those guys for about three weeks straight. She tried to call them about a year later to see if they had any more of them dynamites but their phone was disconnected. I'm pretty sure they was all blind except the guy who was driving the truck if that helps in case they moved and changed their name or whatever.

"Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by RodRugg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Another vote for Evergreen. They are half the price of Waste Management and do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    Second for Evergreen. I pay $80 every three months and they pick up twice a week.
    same here.

Who would of thought the trash guy needed a breathalyzer in the cab?

http://abc7ny.com/garbage-truck-driv...-dwi-/3583022/
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Members who have read this thread: 67