Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garbage/trash services you'd recommend?

Garbage/trash services you'd recommend?

I'm in the process of closing on a house (in Charles county), and need to start trash pickup service. Does anyone have any recommendations? This can be for or against. Thanks!!

I don't live in Charles County - but I just make a run to the transfer stations once a week.
    Costs me nothing.

But I used to pay Waste Management, and I hated it. They always had a reason why this or that
    couldn't be picked up, or what container you could use, or how they'd do their billing.

And other people in my neighborhood balked as well. Those who PAY someone usually find
    a small dedicated business with a truck and a couple employees. Same thing happened when
    I lived in Calvert - find some small business that is reliable, and stick with THEM.

Much better than dealing with the big guys.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

I have heard positive things however, with Evergreen. A few people I know use them.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

We like Goode.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I have heard positive things however, with Evergreen. A few people I know use them.
    Second for Evergreen. I pay $80 every three months and they pick up twice a week.

FAKE NEWS - noun /feɪk ˈnuːz/ - Real and actual facts that Donald Trump does not like​

Third for Evergreen. I'm very happy with the price and service, except for one detail: they recognize several holidays, and since our trash pickups are Mon/Thurs, and most federal holidays are on Monday, they skip those pickups. Now, that would be okay except that their "makeup day" for Monday is Thursday - which means they just skip Monday instead of really making it up. That's not a huge deal, unless I have too much stuff to fit in the can in the course of an entire week between Thursdays.

ambers in aquasco

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhawk View Post
    Third for Evergreen. I'm very happy with the price and service, except for one detail: they recognize several holidays, and since our trash pickups are Mon/Thurs, and most federal holidays are on Monday, they skip those pickups. Now, that would be okay except that their "makeup day" for Monday is Thursday - which means they just skip Monday instead of really making it up. That's not a huge deal, unless I have too much stuff to fit in the can in the course of an entire week between Thursdays.
    When I first signed up with Evergreen, my pick up was Mon & Thu. About a year ago, they moved it to Tuesday & Friday so now I don't have to deal with the Monday holiday issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    But I used to pay Waste Management, and I hated it.
    We've had them for our dumpster for about 15 years. Gotten ridiculously expensive in recent years; we're shopping for a new service.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Second vote for Ambers, good service and a reasonable price. Forgot to pay the bill once and got a very polite phone call asking if I forgot BEFORE they cut service.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Members who have read this thread: 80