Melinda Gates Bashes ‘White Guys,’ Says She’ll Discriminate Against Them

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It’s not only Gates who feels comfortable revealing her race and sex biases when deciding where to spend some of her billions. It’s industry publications, too. Here is how Business Insider characterized the interview, a headline reposted to the website of the longtime Microsoft-funded National Center for Women and Information Technology:

melindagates6.3.jpg

[clip]

In the Fortune interview, Gates says “I think real change can occur when the VC community starts to demand that the people it invests in have diversity, the right values, and the right behavior.” When asked to “define diversity,” she responds, “I define diversity as when you have a mix of people seated at the table who look representative of our whole society.”

Gates is saying that venture capitalists — and other social leaders — should be demanding that business partners essentially conform to quotas based on neo-Marxist class distinctions, or Left-defined identity groups: sex, race, income, sexual behavior, ethnicity. Never mind whether the individuals whom Gates lumps into these groups believe their interests align with those of all the others. No self-determination allowed here. You are allowed to count precisely as much as identity politics-mongers decide you do, and according to criteria they choose, not you.

This is conformity, under the banner of diversity. Yet social research actually tends to find that a truly free society with better-equalized opportunities for all people sees a greater range — or, ahem, a greater diversity — of choices than do less-free and less-developed societies. Or, as a 2008 Journal of Personality and Social Psychology article put it: “differences between men and women in their personality traits become more extreme with the increasing development of human society.” The more people are free to do what they truly want, the more they are likely to create outcomes that drive rigid, Procrustean percent-equalizers insane.

Melinda Gates Bashes ‘White Guys,’ Says She’ll Discriminate Against Them

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, she's not bashing white guys and she's not saying she'll discriminate against them. She's saying that venture capitalists tend to want to fund the next Mark Zuckerberg (white guy in a hoodie) and she wants to divert some support toward overlooked women and minority owned companies.

http://fortune.com/2018/05/30/melinda-gates-limited-partner-venture-capital/

This is why I don't read crap on The Federalist. They're a right wing version of Daily Kos.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
She's saying that venture capitalists tend to want to fund the next Mark Zuckerberg (white guy in a hoodie)

yeah so what ? are these the innovators that are successful :shrug:

and she wants to divert some support toward overlooked women and minority owned companies.

why is that ? do POC and Women NOT have good Ideas :shrug:
why do Progresses have to call out people for investment based on Skin Color or Sex

Is Melina implying VC are racist ...... frankly is smacks of Virtue Signaling :drama: look at me, I'm gonna give to women / POC

just STFU and do it ......

Gays want to be 'left alone to live' yet the LGBBQT crowd are constantly baying in the streets

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
yeah so what ? are these the innovators that are successful :shrug:

Do you know what a "venture capitalist" does? That's what she's talking about.

Is Melina implying VC are racist

She is flat saying that they are short-sighted and leaving good money on the table in their myopia with regard to what a potentially successful startup entrepreneur looks like. It's not so much that they are racist or sexist or any other -ist, and more that they are tunnel visioned and seeing only the Zuckerberg stereotype. There's no "implication" - she pretty much said it straight out.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ah yes...the true arbiters of what is "right". Great.

She can go piss up a rope.

when the VC community starts to demand that the people it invests in have diversity, the right values, and the right behavior.

BOP

Do you know what a "venture capitalist" does? That's what she's talking about.

She is flat saying that they are short-sighted and leaving good money on the table in their myopia with regard to what a potentially successful startup entrepreneur looks like. It's not so much that they are racist or sexist or any other -ist, and more that they are tunnel visioned and seeing only the Zuckerberg stereotype. There's no "implication" - she pretty much said it straight out.

I think she's right. After all, look at what funding that ####### Puckerbugger got us.